HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Canadian U20 WJC Selection Camp Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=845172)

Rabid Ranger 06-11-2010 01:01 PM

Canadian U20 WJC Selection Camp Thread
 
Here's the list of forwards and defensemen for Canada's evaluation camp: http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=25623

HamiltonOHL 06-11-2010 02:22 PM

Here was the list of goalies from the Hockey Canada website:

JP Anderson - Mississauga (OHL)
JF Berube - Montreal (QMJHL)
Tyler Bunz - Medicine Hat (WHL)
Mathieu Corbeil - Halifax (QMJHL)
Louis Domingue - Quebec (QMJHL)
Calvin Pickard - Seattle (WHL)
Olivier Roy - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
Kent Simpson - Everett (WHL)
Mark Visentin - Niagara (OHL)

Statsy 08-10-2010 03:44 PM

Man, we need to get this thread going!

I see Brett Connolly and John McFarland were not invited to camp. They still might have a chance if they turn it on this year, though McFarland has a higher hill to climb as Connolly's problem was injury as compared to indifferent play.

TOM1 2BRADY 08-19-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 27324027)
Man, we need to get this thread going!

I see Brett Connolly and John McFarland were not invited to camp. They still might have a chance if they turn it on this year, though McFarland has a higher hill to climb as Connolly's problem was injury as compared to indifferent play.

I was kinda wondering why Connolly wasn't invited

TreeSapLlama 09-17-2010 10:24 AM

I imagine the roster will change quite a bit once a few players get to showcase their talents.

I am gunning for a McNabb - McIlrath pairing. That could cause some serious damage. :yo::yo:

afrobomber11 09-19-2010 02:10 PM

pickard
roy

ellis-elliott
cowen-de haan
despres-gudbranson
gormley

skinner-seguin-connelly
ashton-schenn-glennie
leblanc-couturier-shwartz
ross-johansson-kassian
eakin

rebuttle?

JL17 09-21-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrobomber11 (Post 27839577)
pickard
roy

ellis-elliott
cowen-de haan
despres-gudbranson
gormley

skinner-seguin-connelly
ashton-schenn-glennie
leblanc-couturier-shwartz
ross-johansson-kassian
eakin

rebuttle?

You may want to redo your first line... good chance all are in the NHL... Seguin and Skinner look to be starting the year in the NHL and Connelly isn't that far off. Same goes for Schenn.

afrobomber11 09-21-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JL17 (Post 27867397)
You may want to redo your first line... good chance all are in the NHL... Seguin and Skinner look to be starting the year in the NHL and Connelly isn't that far off. Same goes for Schenn.

schenn i cant see being in the nhl considering hes starting with an injury and still junior eligable, connelly would have to crack a deep lighting forward crop

i could see skinner making it judging by the reports and most likely seguin, but who knows

Statsy 09-29-2010 07:41 AM

I would be shocked if Connolly wasn't back in Junior considering he missed almost the whole year last season.

I don't see Seguin coming back, considering the hype he received last year but I do think he could stand to gain from another OHL season. Let's not forget he didn't even crack Team Canada last year. That would be a great experience for him and for our team.

therealdeal 09-29-2010 10:42 AM

Can anyone tell me why I've thought for months that Skinner is American? Was he born there any moved here? Or am I just crazy?

Bob Barker 09-29-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 28008327)
I would be shocked if Connolly wasn't back in Junior considering he missed almost the whole year last season.

I don't see Seguin coming back, considering the hype he received last year but I do think he could stand to gain from another OHL season. Let's not forget he didn't even crack Team Canada last year. That would be a great experience for him and for our team.

Considering Connolly has already been sent back, it's a good thing you wouldn't be shocked.

Bob Barker 09-29-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealdeal (Post 28010418)
Can anyone tell me why I've thought for months that Skinner is American? Was he born there any moved here? Or am I just crazy?

I'm not going to call you crazy, but I think he was born here. It may be because he was thinking of going the USA College route?

sickest flow bro 11-10-2010 05:42 PM

This is a list off the top of my head, I'll do a better estimate when I have time.

Pickard
Domingue

Ellis-Gudbranson
Cowen-Gormley
Olsen-Dehaan
Elliot-Despres

Connolly Leblanc Glennie
Shugg Johanson Ashton
Eakin Couturier Kassian
Ross Clifford Cizikas
Nugent Hopkins Werek Mcfarland

TOM1 2BRADY 11-12-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies (Post 28857824)
This is a list off the top of my head, I'll do a better estimate when I have time.

Pickard
Domingue

Ellis-Gudbranson
Cowen-Gormley
Olsen-Dehaan
Elliot-Despres

Connolly Leblanc Glennie
Shugg Johanson Ashton
Eakin Couturier Kassian
Ross Clifford Cizikas
Nugent Hopkins Werek Mcfarland

Good lines I can't wait for the WJC

OttawaRoughRiderFan* 11-14-2010 11:07 PM

How does everyone think Canada will do this year?

No Hall. No Sequin. No Skinner.

I will be in Buffalo and I want Canada to win soooooo bad!!!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan* 11-14-2010 11:37 PM

Every year Team Canada gets robbed by the NHL... Another question...

How many (WJR eligible) players can Canada expect to lose this year?

How many can the other countries expect to lose?

sickest flow bro 11-15-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevyD (Post 28952629)
Every year Team Canada gets robbed by the NHL... Another question...

How many (WJR eligible) players can Canada expect to lose this year?

How many can the other countries expect to lose?

Well Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Duchene, O'Reilly, E.Kane

Other players are Fowler (USA), Ekman-Larsson (SWE), Paajarvi (SWE), Burmistrov (RUS), Josefson (SWE)*, Palmeiri (USA)*, Leddy (USA)*

*- Have not played 9 NHl games this season, probably will play in WJC.

Alberta tough 11-15-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevyD (Post 28952629)
Every year Team Canada gets robbed by the NHL... Another question...

How many (WJR eligible) players can Canada expect to lose this year?

How many can the other countries expect to lose?

Canada= Kane, Duchene, O'Reilly, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Schenn, Clifford.

nafsregnar27 11-15-2010 07:25 PM

Even if by some chance Hall got sent back to the Spitfires he wouldn't be eligible to play at the WJ because he didn't attend the camp. Is it me or is there a lot more injuries going on than usual. I say this because it seems more junior and professional players are getting injured and that could also hurt Canada.

OttawaRoughRiderFan* 11-15-2010 08:15 PM

StMary'sHuskies, AlbertaTough,

Thanks guys. Good Lord, is there ever a time when we can send a team at (even close to) full strength?

Anyway, without these players, how do you think Canada will do?

I have heard the team will be offensively challenged?

Are we going to be in tough to win Gold?

I have my tickets for Buffalo and want to see Canada win.

Love some input/opinions.

sickest flow bro 11-16-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevyD (Post 28969017)
StMary'sHuskies, AlbertaTough,

Thanks guys. Good Lord, is there ever a time when we can send a team at (even close to) full strength?

Anyway, without these players, how do you think Canada will do?

I have heard the team will be offensively challenged?

Are we going to be in tough to win Gold?

I have my tickets for Buffalo and want to see Canada win.

Love some input/opinions.

Yes, we sent a full team during the NHL lockout, look how that turned out.

I believe we are always a top 4 force in WJC with our depth. I can see USA having a good team as well as Sweden and Russia being good. Czech and Fins could also surprise.

I think we will be fine offensively. We will beat the lower teams by alot but the challenging games will be closer than usual.

We have a good chance to win gold. We have a very tough division this year, but we always seem to do good in this tournament.

OttawaRoughRiderFan* 11-16-2010 02:32 PM

The team during the lockout was the best ever... period.

I am glad about the tough division...

1) Hopefully, every game will be great - I spent $2,300 on tickets.
2) Tougher Division = Gold Medal. At least it has in the past.


My worst fear... the US wins again.

Just hate to see our team lacking because the NHL LOVES those Canadian kids.

MarkovtoSubban 11-18-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger (Post 26245461)
Here's the list of forwards and defensemen for Canada's evaluation camp: http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=25623

Been thinking about this a bit:

Couturier-Leblanc-Connolly: The go-to line, all three will back check and BConn will get lots of shooting chances with those two passers.
Ashton-Schwartz-Gallagher: Ashton makes room for the smaller guys, Gallagher has shown he can finish and if he gets open Schwartz will find him.
Ross-Johansen-Kassian: more of an energy line, Ross and Johansen have done well with Nino and Kassian is not bad as a stand-in.
Howden-Werek-Sheahan: as a checking line these guys are all very fast and very smart and aware.

De Haan - Elliott:
Olsen-Pysyk:
Gormley-Roussel:
Cowen - Ellis: Three very well-balanced pairings who move the puck well and won't panic, Cowen used on the PK and Ellis on the PP.

Pickard to start every game in nets.

therealdeal 11-19-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle West (Post 29024533)
Been thinking about this a bit:

Couturier-Leblanc-Connolly: The go-to line, all three will back check and BConn will get lots of shooting chances with those two passers.
Ashton-Schwartz-Gallagher: Ashton makes room for the smaller guys, Gallagher has shown he can finish and if he gets open Schwartz will find him.
Ross-Johansen-Kassian: more of an energy line, Ross and Johansen have done well with Nino and Kassian is not bad as a stand-in.
Howden-Werek-Sheahan: as a checking line these guys are all very fast and very smart and aware.

De Haan - Elliott:
Olsen-Pysyk:
Gormley-Roussel:
Cowen - Ellis: Three very well-balanced pairings who move the puck well and won't panic, Cowen used on the PK and Ellis on the PP.

Pickard to start every game in nets.

I'd be pretty shocked if Canada went with 12 forwards and 8 defensemen. Pretty much every Team Canada you'll see is comprised of 13 forwards and 7 defensemen. Going with 12 and 8 is pretty typical for American teams, but not for Canada.

I don't know why, or whats better, thats just what I've always noticed.

Nullus Reverentia 11-19-2010 08:00 PM

Schenn sent to the AHL for conditioning, could be back in Brandon?

I'm probably pretty far off about it so far but this is quick mock for the team, if Schenns sent back

Couturier - Schenn - Glennie
Howse - Leblanc - Connolly
Ross - Johansen - Kassian
Sheahan - Beck - Ashton
Howden

Ellis - de Haan
Doherty - Gudbranson
Gormley - Cowen
Murphy

Pickard
Simpson
Visentin


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.