HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Torts appreciation thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=845291)

eco's bones 11-23-2010 06:29 PM

Torts appreciation thread.

This is almost the last thing I thought I'd be making this season.

I was not happy with the job Tortorella did last year for a variety of reasons.

So far this season though I think he's been great. Much more relaxed--less manipulative and the micro-managing of last years team has disappeared this year. No more aimless confrontations with the media over minutiae. Intelligent in-game fixes and his team has responded to him. He's got all our best young players stepping up and guys who struggled at the start like Eminger and Gilroy now are looking like good players. Not nearly as much line juggling--more chemistry among the players and the team is sticking up for each other. Not saying that we still don't need to get better in some areas but so far there's been a lot of improvement.

Blueshirt Special 11-23-2010 06:39 PM

like*

NYRFAN218 11-23-2010 06:46 PM

I think I've seen an appreciation thread for every member of the Ranger organization since the beginning of the season.

turcotte8 11-23-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 29137825)
I think I've seen an appreciation thread for every member of the Ranger organization since the beginning of the season.

Even Dolan? :naughty:

ruckus* 11-23-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 29137825)

Well duhhhh this is HF Boards.

I'm not anti-Torts, because I'm not anti-anyone who is part of my organization.

I'm happy with the changes he has seemed to make in his approach this season.

However, his Avery bias and idiocy when it comes to utilizing him still irritates me.

And for everyone who is going to quote me...no I don't give a **** what you think about Avery. I have ****ing eyes. And obviously, you don't.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-23-2010 07:54 PM

if he has even a smidgen of credit to take for how Doobs has developed, he's been huge for this organization.

Fitzy 11-23-2010 07:55 PM

This is a tricky thread. The coach is sort of a traditional scapegoat when the team performs poorly, so our next 3 game losing streak this thread will be a wreck.

NYRFAN218 11-23-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 29138593)
Well duhhhh this is HF Boards.

I'm not anti-Torts, because I'm not anti-anyone who is part of my organization.

I'm happy with the changes he has seemed to make in his approach this season.

However, his Avery bias and idiocy when it comes to utilizing him still irritates me.

And for everyone who is going to quote me...no I don't give a **** what you think about Avery. I have ****ing eyes. And obviously, you don't.

I agree. There's no excuse as to why Prust is on the 3rd line while Avery's on the 4th. It's obvious he has more skill and putting him on the 3rd line wing would give him the ice time to excel. While he hasn't produced lately, it's hard to get your game going when your playing 7 minutes a night with Boogaard and Christensen.

Fitzy 11-23-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 29138843)
I agree. There's no excuse as to why Prust is on the 3rd line while Avery's on the 4th. It's obvious he has more skill and putting him on the 3rd line wing would give him the ice time to excel. While he hasn't produced lately, it's hard to get your game going when your playing 7 minutes a night with Boogaard and Christensen.

I dont think that has so much to do with Prust being valued over Avery. Reason Avery is where he is is because Torts wanted to move Fedotenko to the LW, and he valued Fedotenko over Avery.

He values Prust over Boogaard and White.

ruckus* 11-23-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 29138859)
I dont think that has so much to do with Prust being valued over Avery. Reason Avery is where he is is because Torts wanted to move Fedotenko to the LW, and he valued Fedotenko over Avery.

He values Prust over Boogaard and White.

Seriously? You're joking right?

If you honestly believe that, and that's the actual reason, then Torts is more clueless then I thought.

Fedotenko gets almost 4 minutes more a game than Avery, has 2 more points, but I don't hear you ripping him apart in every thread when he's a guy who hasn't scored more than 39 points since 2005-06.

But every two seconds I hear you ripping Avery and his "pace" this season.

Your anti-Avery bias is just like Torts. Disgusting.

Fitzy 11-24-2010 01:22 AM

Ive never seen someone so peeved over a 3rd line player playing on the 4th line.

I don't really know what to say, considering its pretty much common knowledge around here that the guy was overrates by the fanbase for a long, long time, that 1 goal in 22 games isn't going to win you any fans amongst the coaching staff, or management.

nyr2k2 11-24-2010 02:30 AM

I'll say this now: I'm going to ask that we hold off on the "appreciation threads" until we're at least half way through the season. We have had appreciation threads for half of the team to this point, and it's silly. So, no more.

Torts has been pretty good so far. I'm slowly warming to him.

poeman 11-24-2010 03:15 AM

Yeah I'm not crazy about Torts...Lets calm down.

Blueshirt Special 11-24-2010 05:18 AM

Hey Mods:

For the time being, maybe a "general" appreciation thread for those times when a player has a good game or 2, or we get on a little roll?

So when posters just want to make mention of a particular performance, or note that someone has been steady, we don;t have to start a new thread?

Just MHO

Swept In Seven 11-24-2010 06:41 AM

Torts is okay

JeffMangum 11-24-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 29139023)
Seriously? You're joking right?

If you honestly believe that, and that's the actual reason, then Torts is more clueless then I thought.

Fedotenko gets almost 4 minutes more a game than Avery, has 2 more points, but I don't hear you ripping him apart in every thread when he's a guy who hasn't scored more than 39 points since 2005-06.

But every two seconds I hear you ripping Avery and his "pace" this season.

Your anti-Avery bias is just like Torts. Disgusting.

I loled.

Avery hasn't done anything worth mentioning since the Edmonton game, and he didn't even get a point IIRC. Fedotenko has been very solid thus far, and deserves the time over Avery. He might only have 2 more points, but he has 4 more goals.

LOL @ "disgusting". Talk about a major overreaction here. :laugh:

94now 11-24-2010 10:55 AM

Someone has to start Sullivan Appreciation Thread. He is the reason we are okay.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-24-2010 01:21 PM

Feds also had two legitimate goals taken from him.