HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: New practice lines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=846290)

Rommel 11-26-2010 01:08 PM

New practice lines

Quote:

Here’s how the Kings are skating this morning…

Simmonds-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Lewis
King-Richardson-Westgarth

Based on early drills, it’s tough to determine accurate defensive pairs so far. More from practice to come…
http://lakingsinsider.com/

BigBrown 11-26-2010 01:19 PM

I'm all for it. A shakeup is needed... I assume he meant Brown is the left wing, I don't think we've ever seen Simmonds in that position.

Mr Irreverent 11-26-2010 01:28 PM

Simmonds is now going to show Dustin Brown how it's done.

JDM 11-26-2010 01:31 PM

JT got his wish. Its a black Friday miracle!

BigBrown 11-26-2010 01:33 PM

My avatar finally makes sense again :)

(thanks again, haus)

AKAY47 11-26-2010 01:39 PM

lol well, I wanted Trevor Lewis to get promoted, guess I got it.. Wanted him on the 1st line but 3rd is okay

Tadite 11-26-2010 01:57 PM

Those look like good lines.

kingsholygrail 11-26-2010 03:04 PM

Time for Simmonds to put up or shut up.

Ziggy Stardust 11-26-2010 03:26 PM

Slight correction, Brown is being shifted to LW, Simmonds remains at RW. I always thought Brown got better looks offensively from the left side of the ice. Hopefully it pans out and gets Kopitar going.

AKAY47 11-26-2010 03:27 PM

Still would've rather seen

Lewis-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds

Feel bad for Richie either way lol, stuck with 2 guys who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Brown on the LW? Let's see how this goes lol, hopefully he'll be able to adapt to the change.

Hammond's update on Scuderi:

Quote:

Rob Scuderi missed the last 15 minutes of practice — and apparently the latter part of the third period of the Montreal game — with some type of undisclosed issue, but Scuderi is expected to play tomorrow and the Kings aren’t expected to change their defensive pairs. More notes and quotes to come…

BigKing 11-26-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAY47 (Post 29188302)

Lewis-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams

Feel bad for Richie either way lol, stuck with 2 guys who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Brown on the LW? Let's see how this goes lol, hopefully he'll be able to adapt to the change.

Have to disagree and say it's better to move up a player like Simmonds, a guy who is a legit threat and who has been very active as of late, opposed to another "open audition".

I've liked Lewis's game this season, although he wasn't anything special in the past two. It's a big move for him to jump up to the 3rd line; hopefully he can run with it. I'm already thinking I'd rather have Richardson on the 3rd line but Murray wants a vet on the 4th line.

Either way, King had to be dropped from the 1st line. I'm pretty pumped that I don't have to watch Dwight King: 1st Line Left Wing in person tomorrow night.

AStammer7* 11-26-2010 03:40 PM

I Agree King,Westgarth Don't Belong Yet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAY47 (Post 29188302)

Lewis-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams

I know the Kings could put together a better 4th line but at least the two wingers bring some size which is something we've lacked for eons...Do King and Westgarth belong in the NHL...NO! but they will play marginally...and hopefully not hurt us... I like the idea of the Captain(Brownie) playing the LWing...Christ knows we are strong organizationally on RW and weak at LW...Which gets me thinking, an Alexander Khokhlachev(Windsor),Sven Bartschi(Portland),Brandon Saad(Saginaw) or Lucas Lessio(Oshawa) would be a great pick in 2011...Kings need some LWers to step up and make this club soon!!!

PS Wish Willie and Poni were back...

Kurrilino 11-26-2010 03:52 PM

What exactly did Richardson do to deserve a punishment ??????????

etherialone 11-26-2010 04:39 PM

Reading TM's comments scares the heck out of me. He sounds like he is off a bit.

LaFan1967 11-26-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 29188827)
What exactly did Richardson do to deserve a punishment ??????????

have experince , would you really want an all rookie 4th line of

King-Lewis-Westgarth ????????

it's Handzus that has the really tough line

Clifford-Handzus-Lewis as the shutdown line going to be tested hard vs Chi.

riseandfall9 11-26-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 29189766)
Reading TM's comments scares the heck out of me. He sounds like he is off a bit.

Its looks as if TM is going to be playing Quick a lot too from his most recent comments on lakingsinsider. Looks like Quick could play the next 12 to 13 games since their is no back to backs going on for the next 32 days.

null33 11-26-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riseandfall9 (Post 29191032)
Its looks as if TM is going to be playing Quick a lot too from his most recent comments on lakingsinsider. Looks like Quick could play the next 12 to 13 games since their is no back to backs going on for the next 32 days.

It's too bad Bernier hasn't gotten better results in his starts so far.

Stupid Sexy Flanders 11-26-2010 07:04 PM

I'm glad something new is being tried, but I think it's time for
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams again.

JT Dutch* 11-26-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Murray
Brown-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Lewis

... You're so welcome, Terry. Stop by the BB more often in the future. We'll get through all of this together, my friend. There are a few things I wanna do with the entrance into the offensive zone on the power play, as well. I'll send you an e-mail with the address that you can send part of your salary to; I promise I don't ask for too much.

Honestly, I like everything about these lines - my only concern is if Clifford can hack it on the third.

Zad 11-26-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 29189766)

+1

I even uttered a spontaneous "oh oh"

123slam 11-26-2010 08:21 PM

the sucks new jerseys are ****ing hideous. hahhahahaahaa losers

Telos 11-26-2010 08:53 PM

As long as something is being done. I am fine with those changes. Simmonds has shown chemistry there before, and even though Brown prefers the right side, he can play left.

CNS 11-26-2010 09:50 PM

I really fail to see how everyone thought we would be so good on paper this year. Really. Offensively we suck IMO. Williams and Kopi are the only two TRUE scoring threats on offense to me. The rest are guys who pick up goals here and there base off what they do (Smyth, Brown, Handzus, Simmonds, etc all going to the net). We need an offensive dynamo on this team. And for Doughty to play like Doughty.

BringTheReign 11-26-2010 09:58 PM

Hopefully Lewis can provide a spark to that line.

AKAY47 11-26-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 29196864)
I really fail to see how everyone thought we would be so good on paper this year. Really. Offensively we suck IMO. Williams and Kopi are the only two TRUE scoring threats on offense to me. The rest are guys who pick up goals here and there base off what they do (Smyth, Brown, Handzus, Simmonds, etc all going to the net). We need an offensive dynamo on this team. And for Doughty to play like Doughty.

Havlat :D