HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   News Article: It's All About Work for Tangradi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=846521)

TopShelfGoal 11-26-2010 11:09 PM

It's All About Work for Tangradi
 
http://www.timesleader.com/sports/pe...1-14-2010.html

Quote:

I said I want to practice like an NHLer and play like an NHLer - Eric Tangradi
I hope to see this guy back up soon. Hope the coaching staff sticks true to their word and make him work his ass off.

Coach John McGuirk 11-26-2010 11:23 PM

He started off well, but fizzled out pretty quickly in his short stint to begin the season. Add to that the fact that he hasn't done much in his games in the AHL so far either, and I think he has plenty of work to do. I know he's been playing a 3rd line role in the AHL, but still, you'd really like to see your top forward prospect start to perform like it sooner or later. I'm not worried about it really, but I think we may have gotten a bit out of hand with our Tangradi worship since we acquired him. :laugh: Hopefully I'm proven very wrong, and he ends up being a great player, but he's got a long way to go.

BlindWillyMcHurt 11-26-2010 11:31 PM

Agreed. I still have a lot of faith that he'll be a contributor at the NHL level... hopefully on a scoring line. I just think it's going to take a bit longer than we were all hoping, unfortunately.

Tweed 11-26-2010 11:59 PM

Did we ever find out the real reason, or strategy behind the Wheeling assignment and recall in 24hrs? Surely he wouldn't have been sent that far down if he was being sent down for real... so there must have been a good (NHL roster rule?) reason for it.

Harv 11-27-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweed (Post 29199133)
Did we ever find out the real reason, or strategy behind the Wheeling assignment and recall in 24hrs? Surely he wouldn't have been sent that far down if he was being sent down for real... so there must have been a good (NHL roster rule?) reason for it.

I believe it was for salary cap reasons.

FDBluth 11-27-2010 01:28 AM

Can someone explain to me why everyone just assumes that Tangradi is supposed to play in the NHL?

Mario_is_BACK!! 11-27-2010 01:30 AM

Wow. 3 goals, 1 assist in 13 games? In the AHL? Really?

That's... unfortunate to say the least.

Dylonus 11-27-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200065)
Can someone explain to me why everyone just assumes that Tangradi is supposed to play the NHL?

What good is making him sit in the AHL when we have the wingers we do?

FDBluth 11-27-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylonus (Post 29200083)
What good is making him sit in the AHL when we have the wingers we do?

But why is he more deserving of a chance than any of the other WBS players? He doesn't seem to be more skilled than any of them.

Woodrow 11-27-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200065)
Can someone explain to me why everyone just assumes that Tangradi is supposed to play in the NHL?

Pretty much. He hasn't shown me much at he proffesional level yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylonus (Post 29200083)
What good is making him sit in the AHL when we have the wingers we do?

Cause he's not as good as you think he is yet.

Mario_is_BACK!! 11-27-2010 01:43 AM

Yeah, the AHL is a stellar system because it helps a player get better within the organization without harming the main team by playing big minutes and gaining experience.. It's a great set up they have.

Judging by what I'm seeing, Tangradi is definitely not ready. Which means I'd rather have Dupuis, Kunitz, Talbot, Kennedy and company instead of having Tangradi barely play any minutes.

FDBluth 11-27-2010 01:52 AM

Ok...here's what I don't get Everyone says he's not "ready". But why do they assume that he will be "ready" one day? And why him more than any of the other WBS players who are of a similar age? Dustin Jeffrey's only one year older and has been way more dominant in the AHL than Tangradi's ever been.

Is it his size? Is it because we got him in a trade? I just don't get what people are seeing when they essentially assume that he'll become an NHLer one day.

AugustBurnsRed* 11-27-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200226)
Ok...here's what I don't get Everyone says he's not "ready". But why do they assume that he will be "ready" one day? And why him more than any of the other WBS players who are of a similar age? Dustin Jeffrey's only one year older and has been way more dominant in the AHL than Tangradi's ever been.

Is it his size? Is it because we got him in a trade? I just don't get what people are seeing when they essentially assume that he'll become an NHLer one day.

Tangradi was a better Junior, has a better skill set and most scouts think he's more fit for the NHL than somebody like Jeffery.

Tangradi's production going down this season doesn't seem to make much sense.. so it can just be due to a slow start and simply that. When he was healthy in the AHL last season he was pretty solid.

High Flying Birds 11-27-2010 02:04 AM

Hopefully he's back at some point this season. But if not, he'll work out his mechanics and figure it out over the course of the AHL season. I do believe Jeffrey should really be the next call-up though. Guy has been on fire for WBS for a season +

Woodrow 11-27-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico Fata (Post 29200311)
Hopefully he's back at some point this season. But if not, he'll work out his mechanics and figure it out over the course of the AHL season. I do believe Jeffrey should really be the next call-up though. Guy has been on fire for WBS for a season +

I hope Jeffrey is the next callup. I think he should have been called up before Conner. Fans are going to have to be patient with Tangradi. I think he has potential but its going to take time for him to put it all together and I don't want him to be rushed simpy because the Pens are lacking on the wings.

TopShelfGoal 11-27-2010 02:46 AM

I really hope things turn around for this guy. I would really like him to call up John Leclaire and become the next Ryan Malone. Then I would be happy.

EdwardBlake 11-27-2010 04:03 AM

The plain and simple thing is he had a look, but not a long look. I said right before the season started that Tangradi was in need of a sink or swim situation in this organization.

He should AT LEAST of had, should still have, a look as long as we have given Chris Bourque last season, and Mike Comrie this season. Which he has not had yet.

Before I get one of the ignorant posters around here trying to nickle and dime me on my opinion. I am not attempting to make excuses for the player, I am simply saying that if we gave these players that amounts of games regardless of line position. Our highest drafted forward prospect should be given the same chance at least in games played.

If he plays a full 20 +/- games and doesn't do much other than being a good forechecker and making a lot of body contact. Then lets make him part of a deadline package to get us a legitimate solution.

None of us are Shero, and we can not make these moves ourselves. And we are all waxing hockey poetic here. But seriously people need to think before they type.

This reply is both a post about Tangradi and members of the board. We piss and moan about the ignorance of the other boards yet do it here to ourselves. Please... Think... Take a breath... Then post...

This is also what I would like to see the organization do with Tangradi... Bring him up. Take some time. Think about how he goes over a steady period of time. Then pull the trigger in what ever is merited.

Both with the posters on this board and the organization it is not rocket science.

Captain Hook 11-27-2010 06:34 AM

Yeah, not sure what Tangradi's problem is. He just hasn't played his best this year. I wouldn't make too much of the AHL struggles. I think it's possible with a young player like he is to struggle and be down about things because of the demotion. He just needs to quit feeling sorry for himself and work his ass off down there. It's the only way back.

I do believe he'll be an NHL'er. He has great size, decent skater for a big guy and his hands are much better than he showed in his brief stint in the NHL. He also seems to know his role as a power forward and gets to the net. He did set some good screens while he was up here. He just didn't react quick enough and finish plays around the net like he's capable of. He's just gonna have to speed up his reactions in the NHL. Guys react a lot quicker at the NHL level.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 11-27-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200065)
Can someone explain to me why everyone just assumes that Tangradi is supposed to play in the NHL?

Junior production, attractive size/hands/skating/mentality combo, the fact that PFs usually take a little longer to come around, and the idea that his hand injury set him back quite a bit in the A last year.

Gooch 11-27-2010 07:25 AM

What kind of minutes and line setup is he playing in WBS? I thought last year they had him playing a grinder role. Now when he was called up here they put him in the same garbage role. If someone expected him to set the world on fire while being called up playing the 4th line I don't know what to tell them. Nobody is going to look good playing next to Rupp and Adams.

I believe WBS plays the same "system" if you want to even call it that so chances are he's being miss used down there as well. One thing we know is absolute, our current wingers blow, so if theres the possibility of inserting someone who can contribute exactly what they're doing now (which is nothing) and also possibly have a much higher ceilling, then we should be doing it... but of course we arent.

Pens17 11-27-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200226)
Ok...here's what I don't get Everyone says he's not "ready". But why do they assume that he will be "ready" one day? And why him more than any of the other WBS players who are of a similar age? Dustin Jeffrey's only one year older and has been way more dominant in the AHL than Tangradi's ever been.

Is it his size? Is it because we got him in a trade? I just don't get what people are seeing when they essentially assume that he'll become an NHLer one day.

:handclap:

I see where you are going here. Are we looking at Luca Caputti II and if not, why not.

In defense of us mere fans, desperation for a top quality winger is a harsh reality. With this said, it is more than reasonable to hope that this kid progressively develops but questions increase and answers do not.

Dylonus 11-27-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 29200134)
But why is he more deserving of a chance than any of the other WBS players? He doesn't seem to be more skilled than any of them.

Because it's not all about skill. Sometimes it's about heart.

This kid has shown me that he has the HEART. Something that a few players on this Penguins team need to be reminded of....

I've seen some WBS games. Tangradi seems to be proving that he deserves a second chance, especially while Staal is out.

Sidney the Kidney 11-27-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooch (Post 29201239)
What kind of minutes and line setup is he playing in WBS? I thought last year they had him playing a grinder role. Now when he was called up here they put him in the same garbage role. If someone expected him to set the world on fire while being called up playing the 4th line I don't know what to tell them. Nobody is going to look good playing next to Rupp and Adams.

I believe WBS plays the same "system" if you want to even call it that so chances are he's being miss used down there as well. One thing we know is absolute, our current wingers blow, so if theres the possibility of inserting someone who can contribute exactly what they're doing now (which is nothing) and also possibly have a much higher ceilling, then we should be doing it... but of course we arent.

I sort of agree with this. One would think that if the organization sees Tangradi as a future potential top six player for the NHL club, that it'd make sure he's groomed that way and played in top six situations down on the farm.

JTG 11-27-2010 11:42 AM

I definitely think he had some work to do, so him getting sent down was a move I agreed with regardless of what our winger situation was like.

He has NHL skill though, so I guess he has that going for him.

eXile59 11-27-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! (Post 29200081)
Wow. 3 goals, 1 assist in 13 games? In the AHL? Really?

That's... unfortunate to say the least.

Well he is playing on the 3rd line with Vitale. I really didn't want the Baby Pens to turn into the Bears, where winning at the AHL level is more important than developing prospects but it looks like thats exactly what happend.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.