HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Zeiler on re-entry waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=846664)

DAkings20 11-27-2010 01:16 PM

Zeiler on re-entry waivers

TSNBobMcKenzie:

"LAK put John Zeiler on re-entry waivers."

Unless they know a team will claim him why are they doing this?

Belanger25 11-27-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 29203866)
TSNBobMcKenzie:

Either they're calling him up, they know another team wants to claim him, or he's apart of a trade.

Buddy The Elf 11-27-2010 01:22 PM

They need someone to help knock down the boards after the game tonight.

xavi4life 11-27-2010 01:23 PM

4th line RW spot.

Youngblood93 11-27-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 29203866)
TSNBobMcKenzie:

Drugs

etherialone 11-27-2010 01:25 PM

pickhimuppickhimuppickhimuppickhimuprubbingluckyra bitsfootpickhimuppickhimup

I am not aware of the insipid mr zeilers contract but is it one of those he has to clear waivers to be recalled sort of things? If it is and he is recalled I am going on vacation.

my reasons are mostly personal but TZ hasn't proven too much to me to warrant his getting a shot at playing in the NHL. People with actual skill have bled for their shot and never got it. People with integrity have given everything that they had to get their shot and not make it. People who understand what the term "personal sacrifice" means gave everything to get their shot to put on an NHL uniform one time and never got the opportunity.

Tod Zeiler in my experience had his chance. Of course I believe people can change and hope that he has and if he makes it onto another NHL roster I hope that his entire approach and attitude have changed in the past two years. Anything less then a pretty significant turn around would be wasting an NHL roster spot imo.

xavi4life 11-27-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 29204093)

I am not aware of the insipid mr zeilers contract but is it one of those he has to clear waivers to be recalled sort of things? If it is and he is recalled I am going on vacation.

my reasons are mostly personal but TZ hasn't proven too much to me to warrant his getting a shot at playing in the NHL. People with actual skill have bled for their shot and never got it. People with integrity have given everything that they had to get their shot and not make it. People who understand what the term "personal sacrifice" means gave everything to get their shot to put on an NHL uniform one time and never got the opportunity.

Tod Zeiler in my experience had his chance. Of course I believe people can change and hope that he has and if he makes it onto another NHL roster I hope that his entire approach and attitude have changed in the past two years. Anything less then a pretty significant turn around would be wasting an NHL roster spot imo.

Who the hell is Tod Zeiler???

his name is John.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 11-27-2010 01:30 PM

no one will pick him up

lafan13 11-27-2010 01:31 PM

maybe tod is short for "retod"

Belanger25 11-27-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent (Post 29204176)
Who the hell is Tod Zeiler???
his name is John.

For all these year's Tonelli has held a grudge against the wrong Zeiler, poor John.

wabwat 11-27-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belanger25 (Post 29204246)
For all these year's Tonelli has held a grudge against the wrong Zeiler, poor John.

lol.

Manchester just got a whole lot younger.

SFKingshomer 11-27-2010 01:51 PM

Recalled for first line LW

driller1 11-27-2010 01:54 PM

Are we playing the Avs soon? :laugh:

Reaper45 11-27-2010 01:59 PM

I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind Zeiler. But re-entry means he's either part of a trade and someone is going to claim him and then the Kings do a 1 for 2 trade. Or, the Kings feel another team is willing to take him. But isn't he on the last season of his contract? Has to be a trade.

kingsholygrail 11-27-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFKingshomer (Post 29204650)
Recalled for first line LW

lol This.

Quattro 11-27-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 29204093)

wow...wut? :amazed:

wabwat 11-27-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 29204822)
I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind Zeiler. But re-entry means he's either part of a trade and someone is going to claim him and then the Kings do a 1 for 2 trade. Or, the Kings feel another team is willing to take him. But isn't he on the last season of his contract? Has to be a trade.

he's around $279K at half his cap.

R0CKET 11-27-2010 02:13 PM

You have to admit that this team is REAL trouble at the wing position when it has to make a call-up and Zeiler is the guy on the next plane into LA.

I'm all for supporting Dean's "build it from the blue line out" concept but we have been utterly useless at developing wing position players.

Belanger25 11-27-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0CKET (Post 29205095)
You have to admit that this team is REAL trouble at the wing position when it has to make a call-up and Zeiler is the guy on the next plane into LA.

I'm all for supporting Dean's "build it from the blue line out" concept but we have been utterly useless at developing wing position players.

That's what's confusing me. What is the reasoning behind Zeiler being promoted to the big club(if he is) when we have people like Moller and Loktionov who may not be natural wingers but can play a more offensive role than Zeiler can. That's why I'm wondering if this is step one of a trade.

Reaper45 11-27-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belanger25 (Post 29205178)
That's what's confusing me. What is the reasoning behind Zeiler being promoted to the big club(if he is) when we have people like Moller and Loktionov who may not be natural wingers but can play a more offensive role than Zeiler can. That's why I'm wondering if this is step one of a trade.

It has to be. Seems like the Kings need to clear out a roster spot and the team x is willing to take Zeiler if he's at half of his cap hit. So they claim him on re-entry then the Kings send one guy to team x for 2 players.

Fat Elvis 11-27-2010 02:37 PM

My guess is that Zeiler is up and King is back down. From some Manchester faithful, Zeiler has been on of their more consistant players.

He may have found a team in Europe to play for.

AKAY47 11-27-2010 02:39 PM

I don't get it? There's going to be a trade? It better not be because Zeiler is going to play for us, that's ridiculous, we have so many other players who would be better up here than him, like Clune, who's been playing well for the Monarchs

WhatTheFox 11-27-2010 02:40 PM

Hopefully this signifies the end of Dwight King in the NHL for now. Maybe some day he'll be a productive player, but at the moment he is nowhere close to NHL ready. He does nothing to justify a roster spot.

As hated as he is, at least Zeiler brings energy and physical play. Much more useful on the 4th line than King.

R0CKET 11-27-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 29205471)
It has to be. Seems like the Kings need to clear out a roster spot and the team x is willing to take Zeiler if he's at half of his cap hit. So they claim him on re-entry then the Kings send one guy to team x for 2 players.

Would seem like a set-up that would be part of a potential deal with Boston?

Bruins get a player who has played at the NHL level and they send Ryder (and his hefty contract for this year) back to LA + something else.

Willard 11-27-2010 02:41 PM

This thread brings back fond memories of my far distant younger days almost 4 years ago.

I had a seat behind the goal at Staples for Zeiler's first NHL game with the Kings, way back in The Garon Era.

I was sitting there watching the Kings warm up in front of me and all of a sudden, saw this guy, had no idea who he was, skating with all the familiar Kings. I thought maybe he was an assistant trainer or something, who hurriedly threw on a uniform at the last minute and hopped on the ice. Then someone behind me at the same time said, "Oh look, the waterboy is going to play for the Kings tonite, look over there" And the person with him apparently tried to read his name off the jersey and said, "Zee-land."

I dearly hope we are indeed getting a scoring LW out of an imminent deal and we can finally close the books on Zee-land's epic saga.