HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Eklund: Sharks-Sabres trade coming? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=846903)

LadyStanley 11-28-2010 12:37 AM

Eklund: Sharks-Sabres trade coming?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=31757

Sharks would send "scoring help" to Buffalo.

Minicoop831 11-28-2010 12:51 AM

guessing that's coming at the expense of setoguchi or clowe

Which I believe its to early to give up on seto he has great skating and alot of talent, it would be a big mistake to send him away.

We really cannot afford to give up any scoring forwards either because we have been shutout so many time already this season, either way the situation were in doesn't look good

Vaasa 11-28-2010 12:52 AM

******** DW trade of Setoguchi for Rivet coming in...3...2...1

OrrNumber4 11-28-2010 12:59 AM

I am guessing it is Steve Montador or Jordan Leopold...

Jesus Toews* 11-28-2010 12:59 AM

Leopold is someone I think would be a perfect fit on the Sharks as he seems to have gotten his career back on track and is capable of piling up points playing on the second PP unit and 5-on-5 with (primarily) the second line. But it's unlikely he's dealt since Regier just signed him over the summer. Myers is the only other Sabre I'd want on the Sharks but he's obviously untouchable.

SJeasy 11-28-2010 01:01 AM

IIRC, they can't trade someone who is on IR. IMO, if they are looking at Buffalo, it's Morrisonn (cringe) or Montador (meh!).

SactoShark 11-28-2010 01:02 AM

I hate to give this credence... but Leopold was the man i thought would fit best two seasons ago when he was with Colorado.

Jesus Toews* 11-28-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoShark (Post 29220029)
I hate to give this credence... but Leopold was the man i thought would fit best two seasons ago when he was with Colorado.

He was high on my list this past summer as well, along with Ballard and Hamhuis. He was signed to a deal with a very reasonable cap hit by Buffalo so I was disappointed DW didn't take a chance on him. He seems to have finally turned the corner after all of those unfortunate injuries. IMO he was a key piece of the Flames run to the SCF in 04 and is in that form once again.

SJeasy 11-28-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoShark (Post 29220029)

Leopold has a limited NTC and they just signed him. It wouldn't be a good move on the part of the Sabres which makes Leopold highly unlikely.

Graveland 11-28-2010 01:09 AM

Better not be Montador, don't want to become the graveyard for Anaheim's 6th D men

Led Zappa 11-28-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 29220090)
Leopold has a limited NTC and they just signed him. It wouldn't be a good move on the part of the Sabres which makes Leopold highly unlikely.

Unless he agreed to it. Still unlikely, but............

Vaasa 11-28-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnstyles (Post 29220088)
He was high on my list this past summer as well, along with Ballard and Hamhuis. He was signed to a deal with a very reasonable cap hit by Buffalo so I was disappointed DW didn't take a chance on him. He seems to have finally turned the corner after all of those unfortunate injuries. IMO he was a key piece of the Flames run to the SCF in 04 and is in that form once again.

At this point I'd rather do something like Zalewski+, or maybe Ferriero (not preferred), for someone like Sekeraj or Butler. But with all the controversy around Rivet and with his deal set to expire, I don't see how they can deal Leopold, Sekeraj, or Butler. They need the depth, and they need to get rid of Rivet's contract.

SactoShark 11-28-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 29220090)

No you're totally right... But I refuse to listen to any of the Sabres other non-Myers options.

ThorNton Apologist 11-28-2010 01:14 AM

Seto for Myers

:sarcasm:

One can dream

Kitten Mittons 11-28-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 29219909)
******** DW trade of Setoguchi for Rivet coming in...3...2...1

hahaha, totally possible but I doubt it.

I don't even know why we're discussing this. It's Eklund. For shame, LS, for shame...

SJeasy 11-28-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 29220123)
At this point I'd rather do something like Zalewski+, or maybe Ferriero (not preferred), for someone like Sekeraj or Butler. But with all the controversy around Rivet and with his deal set to expire, I don't see how they can deal Leopold, Sekeraj, or Butler. They need the depth, and they need to get rid of Rivet's contract.

There is also the issue of cap. That's why I see Montador and Morrisonn as the options. Cap would put Rivet out of the picture because it would require the Sharks to run short roster and pray to be injury free. Montador is $1.5mil and Morrisonn is $2mil. The Sharks need to match cap or decrement their own in any trade. Buffalo is also not in a position financially to take extra cap in a deal although they do have the cap room. Buffalo is one of those teams which actually tries to turn a profit.

Rickety Cricket 11-28-2010 01:20 AM

Guys, its Eklund.

SJeasy 11-28-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 29220207)
Guys, its Eklund.

Hey, at least he put together a rumor with trading partners with a history. If he said Hawks/SJ, I would laugh so hard.

Right now, Carolina, Buffalo, Ottawa, Anaheim and Toronto would fit based on recent history.

Rickety Cricket 11-28-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 29220249)
Hey, at least he put together a rumor with trading partners with a history. If he said Hawks/SJ, I would laugh so hard.

Right now, Carolina, Buffalo, Ottawa, Anaheim and Toronto would fit based on recent history.

Atlanta too for useless trades. If Eklund has a rumor about the Preds or Flyers I might listen to him.

Pinkfloyd 11-28-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 29220249)

I'd consider Seto and Huskins for Stafford and Butler.

Mafoofoo 11-28-2010 02:04 AM

SJ 7th round pick for BUF 7th round pick.

My sources told me that's what it is.

Totally legit guys. :sarcasm:

Rickety Cricket 11-28-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 29220304)
I'd consider Seto and Huskins for Stafford and Butler.

You're really high on Butler.

SactoShark 11-28-2010 02:26 AM

You're really high :sarcasm:

The Nemesis 11-28-2010 02:28 AM

Reading the thread title..... "rumor: eklund...."

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :biglaugh:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :biglaugh:

ok, seriously. I'm going to comment on this.

*snort*AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

(I think you can see where I'm going regarding my thoughts on Eklund's "rumors")

Spacemania 11-28-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 29220679)
Reading the thread title..... "rumor: eklund...."

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :biglaugh:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :biglaugh:

ok, seriously. I'm going to comment on this.

*snort*AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

(I think you can see where I'm going regarding my thoughts on Eklund's "rumors")

subtile much? :sarcasm: