HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Waived: Stefan Meyer (Cleared) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=847325)

caley 11-29-2010 11:40 AM

Stefan Meyer (Cleared)
 
As per Bob McKenzie's twitter
I'm guessing he clears.

DropIt 11-29-2010 11:46 AM

Probably clears, although I wouldnt be too surprised if he were to be picked up as an energy liner

Wraparounds 11-29-2010 11:52 AM

He clears.

flamesfan5 11-29-2010 11:54 AM

Would be a good cheap pickup for a team in need of a decent fourth line player?

iggyman12 11-29-2010 11:58 AM

Kinda sad about this. I really hate losing players with hearts as big as his. I hope he gets a shot on another team but im sure he will have to finish the season in the AHL. Good luck Stefan!

The Hutch 11-29-2010 12:41 PM

I do hope he clears. The Heat have around ten players currently on injured reserve. Heck, we had to sign two ECHL guys from Idaho to emergency PTO's just to finish the series with the Moose.

He's got a nose for the net and some grit, and can at least put up some points in the AHL. A veteran with some durability is what the Heat need.

Cephalusc 11-29-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hutch (Post 29243089)
I do hope he clears. The Heat have around ten players currently on injured reserve. Heck, we had to sign two ECHL guys from Idaho to emergency PTO's just to finish the series with the Moose.

He's got a nose for the net and some grit, and can at least put up some points in the AHL. A veteran with some durability is what the Heat need.

He had plenty of scoring chances while he was in the pros this year, but I wouldn't go so far as say he has "a nose for the net". He has no finish, which is why he had 0 goals in 16 games. In the AHL he's a 10-20 goal guy. In the NHL, he'd be lucky to score 5.

Hampe 11-29-2010 03:12 PM

He'll clear.

DropIt 11-29-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalusc (Post 29245200)
He had plenty of scoring chances while he was in the pros this year, but I wouldn't go so far as say he has "a nose for the net". He has no finish, which is why he had 0 goals in 16 games. In the AHL he's a 10-20 goal guy. In the NHL, he'd be lucky to score 5.

I'm not sure you know what that phrase actually means.

He is a north-south type of 4th line player who will put his head down and get to the net, once he is there he will sacrifice to stay there. It has nothing to do with his scoring

ShootIt 11-29-2010 06:58 PM

Hmm, didn't know he was playing in the NHL. Congrats, I guess for making the NHL, hope he can rejoin them soon.

The Hutch 11-30-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalusc (Post 29245200)
He had plenty of scoring chances while he was in the pros this year, but I wouldn't go so far as say he has "a nose for the net". He has no finish, which is why he had 0 goals in 16 games. In the AHL he's a 10-20 goal guy. In the NHL, he'd be lucky to score 5.

A nose for the net, but it has to be a minor league net? :nod:

Mizral 11-30-2010 10:42 AM

I remember a lot of Canuck fans were really annoyed that we drafted Ryan Kesler ahead of this guy.

Janks 11-30-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral (Post 29262066)
I remember a lot of Canuck fans were really annoyed that we drafted Ryan Kesler ahead of this guy.

We can trade him to you for Kesler if you'd like :nod:

Hope he clears though, he's a great team player, is cheap and has a huge heart that he wears on his sleeve. He counts the penalties that he draws, and is very proud of the fact that he can help the team in that way.

wej20 11-30-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 29242027)
As per Bob McKenzie's twitter


I'm guessing he clears.

Good guess

Quote:

CGY's Stefan Meyer clears waivers.
TSN's Bob Mckenzie


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.