HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sinden and Savard not at Pat Burns' funeral... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=847713)

CanadienErrant* 11-30-2010 01:03 PM

Sinden and Savard not at Pat Burns' funeral...

According to the Gazette, Harry Sinden and Serge Savard, two g.m's who had hired and fired Burns, were not in the attendance for his funerals.

Maybe they had good reasons. Sinden (and Chiarelli) just made a "huge deal" with Colorado (sic) and Savard was possibly taking care of his numerouis businesses...

Now I understand why Savard was kind of pissed off on Burns' death night when the CKAC reporter asked him over and over why Burns was not admitted in the HoF. Savard was probably one of the few who voted against it , as well as Sinden, who are both part of this Commitee.

Great class gentelemen !

phoque taupe 11-30-2010 01:05 PM

now we know who stole the jerseys.
:sarcasm:

overlords 11-30-2010 01:07 PM

please don't sully his passing by trying to stir up controversy where there is none

Leo Getz 11-30-2010 01:08 PM

Really?

Not going to a funeral makes you a less classy person? Do you actually know why they didn't go? Why do you actually care?

alexstream 11-30-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 29264876)
According to the Gazette, Harry Sinden and Serge Savard, two g.m's who had hired and fired Burns, were not in the attendance for his funerals.

Maybe they had good reasons. Sinden (and Chiarelli) just made a "huge deal" with Colorado (sic) and Savard was possibly taking care of his numerouis businesses...

Now I understand why Savard was kind of pissed off on Burns' death night when the CKAC reporter asked him over and over why Burns was not admitted in the HoF. Savard was probably one of the few who voted against it , as well as Sinden, who are both part of this Commitee.

Great class gentelemen !

probably Burns didn't like Sinden, cause that's mainly because of Sinden's tight budgets that Burns couldn't really perform there.
however, I don't get the Savard thing. Savard didn't fire Burns, if I'm not mistaken, Burns pulled a Babcock and went to TO.

neofury* 11-30-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 29264958)
please don't sully his passing by trying to stir up controversy where there is none

I didn't know CanadienErrant = The Gazette :laugh:

I know what you meant but honestly the level of hits an HF thread will get compared to the number of people who will read The Gazette makes it almost insignificant to discuss it here.

CanadienErrant* 11-30-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexstream (Post 29265017)
probably Burns didn't like Sinden, cause that's mainly because of Sinden's tight budgets that Burns couldn't really perform there.
however, I don't get the Savard thing. Savard didn't fire Burns, if I'm not mistaken, Burns pulled a Babcock and went to TO.

Savard fired Burns, or did not give him a new contract - which is the same. Burns was really pissed off that Serge Savard traded Chelios.

subbanged 11-30-2010 01:26 PM

Do you know there personal lives though? could they have just hated one another? People do things for reasons, I know i for one wouldnt care for having someone at my funeral who didnt like me

Stjonnypopo 11-30-2010 02:13 PM

If there's one thing I've learned in life is that every person handles tragedy/loss in a different way. You can't relate what someone does when someone they know dies to their personality, people are unpredictable.

Haddock 11-30-2010 02:40 PM

Savard didn't go because the church did not serve booze.

Mike8 11-30-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 29266478)
Savard didn't go because the church did not serve booze.

What kind of church is that?

Habs10Habs 11-30-2010 02:46 PM

There is no need for this thread.