HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Doug Weight Coaching the Power Play (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=847740)

Trumanperro 11-30-2010 03:05 PM

Doug Weight Coaching the Power Play

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.h...rss-lebourdais

A sign of a future Job? If this as far as it goes, I wouldn't mind much.

IslesRock4 11-30-2010 03:06 PM

In all honesty I'd rather him be the PP coach than actually be on the PP.

Isles Shawn 11-30-2010 03:07 PM

ugh....

:slams head on table:

I can't take it anymore...

SLAPSHOT723 11-30-2010 03:08 PM

Too bad this can't actually keep him off the ice :(

Richie Daggers Crime 11-30-2010 03:10 PM

The complete lack of any semblance of structure with this organization is mind boggling.

E_Godard 11-30-2010 03:13 PM

Why not? He has the experience and we're currently using our Bridgeport coach to field the team. I dont see any reason to get butthurt over this.

ScaredStreit 11-30-2010 03:15 PM

Hmmmm looks like those rumors about Weight becoming the new coach holds some water. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the new coach next year.

Also I like Weight on the PP-but down low. He's awful on the point, but down low in one of the corners I'd like him on the unit in that capacity.

Trumanperro 11-30-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_Godard (Post 29267063)
Why not? He has the experience and we're currently using our Bridgeport coach to field the team. I dont see any reason to get butthurt over this.

I agree, actually I was hoping after this year he would fit into a role like this.

Richie Daggers Crime 11-30-2010 03:27 PM

Maybe they can get that short dude from the draft to coach the PK.

Darth Bangkok 11-30-2010 03:34 PM

Holy Christ. I say its time for Nyles (he's the mascot right??) to start pulling double duty. Maybe make him the goalie coach and that's one more salary for wanger to save.

StillAnIslesFan 11-30-2010 03:35 PM

Honestly, I can't stand using forward on the point on the PP, ever.
Never liked it when it started (I think Ivan Hlinka started doing it as coach of the Pens, and it caught on, I may be wrong, but it was when I first recall seeing it)

Only D-men should be PP quarterbacks, period!

Seph 11-30-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillAnIslesFan (Post 29267465)
Honestly, I can't stand using forward on the point on the PP, ever.
Never liked it when it started (I think Ivan Hlinka started doing it as coach of the Pens, and it caught on, I may be wrong, but it was when I first recall seeing it)

Only D-men should be PP quarterbacks, period!

Don't have much of a choice with Hillen, MacDonald and Mottau all injured we have one lefty dman and it's Eaton who has no offensive ability. I'd rather have a forward and a dman on the points than two righty dmen.

StillAnIslesFan 11-30-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 29267949)
Don't have much of a choice with Hillen, MacDonald and Mottau all injured we have one lefty dman and it's Eaton who has no offensive ability. I'd rather have a forward and a dman on the points than two righty dmen.

Fair Enough, they need all the help they can get...

StuDog 11-30-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillAnIslesFan (Post 29270263)
Fair Enough, they need all the help they can get...

Get Doug Dunlop some plaid pants and call it a day.

BelovedIsles 11-30-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 29267009)
The complete lack of any semblance of structure with this organization is mind boggling.

:biglaugh: Agreed.

Blurred boundaries.

ScaredStreit 11-30-2010 10:05 PM

Hmmm when will Wang just get behind the bench? That's what I really wanna know!

OlTimeHockey 11-30-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaredStreit (Post 29275751)

the man has to eliminate a few more positions first. GM? Why not. Assistant coaches? If he was a good coach he wouldn't need assistants.

And why have a minor league team? You just have to pay twice as many guys to play a friggen game. Just keep the 30 cheapest players and give the next top draft pick a bonus to get us to the cap floor he'll never make.

THEN we can make Wang GM, coach, trainer, bus driver and have whoever is sitting out the game serve food and beverages on the concourse.

SnowmustGo* 11-30-2010 11:52 PM

in my 15 sad years as an islander fan, ive never been less enthusiastic about a current captain than i am for dougie weight..everyone and their mother knows this guy would not be in the NHL anymore if he wasnt buddies with upper management, and if the islanders organization were not run like a "mom and pop store"

SnowmustGo* 11-30-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey (Post 29277126)
the man has to eliminate a few more positions first. GM? Why not. Assistant coaches? If he was a good coach he wouldn't need assistants.

And why have a minor league team? You just have to pay twice as many guys to play a friggen game. Just keep the 30 cheapest players and give the next top draft pick a bonus to get us to the cap floor he'll never make.

THEN we can make Wang GM, coach, trainer, bus driver and have whoever is sitting out the game serve food and beverages on the concourse.

lmao this is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard but in the realm of wangworld this might actually be plausable :help:

WHARF1940 12-01-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok (Post 29267455)
Holy Christ. I say its time for Nyles (he's the mascot right??) to start pulling double duty. Maybe make him the goalie coach and that's one more salary for wanger to save.

wow remember that ugly monster, i used to want to punch that thing.....

Chapin Landvogt 12-01-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 29267323)
Maybe they can get that short dude from the draft to coach the PK.

Haaa!:D

doublechili 12-01-2010 07:32 AM

This really does seem like a setup thing. Capuano is interim. Weight is coaching the PP. It's now just a short step to make Weight coach next year, in Wang world anyway.

NYI94wasaFLUKE9 12-01-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHARF1940 (Post 29279860)
wow remember that ugly monster, i used to want to punch that thing.....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pnut 12-01-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaredStreit (Post 29275751)

At least Weight was a player in the past. Not now. Maybe they can have him retire and he can start his new "position" ASAP. People getting all upset about this? I mean at least it looks like Weight will stay with the org, like we all (well most of us) wanted for Sillinger and what Witt didnt get.

Richie Daggers Crime 12-01-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnut (Post 29281090)
People getting all upset about this?

It's not upsetting, but it's just another reminder that this organization continues to operate with no discernible structure, no discipline, no vision and no real plan. The coaching and management is so inept that the players are running the circus now. It's always a wing and a prayer with this team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnut (Post 29281090)
Maybe they can have him retire and he can start his new "position" ASAP.

As with any "position" with the Islanders, he should prepare by bringing plenty of lube...