HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Bauer x40 vs Easton SE6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=848280)

spitfires07 12-01-2010 09:11 PM

Bauer x40 vs Easton SE6

I've played hockey my whole life and for the duration of that time I've used wood sticks - simply because they were cheap and durable.

that being said, my buddy recently let me use his one95 a couple weeks back in a pick-up game and I fell in love. My wrist shot was unreal (I didn't get a chance to wind up for a clapper) and I didn't really notice any difficulty with the transition from wood (I heard it takes a while to get used to controlling the puck)

I'm looking into buying a couple one-piece composites and these are the two that caught my eye. The one95 is a little out of my price range so I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on these sticks. Right now I'm leaning more towards the x40.

Also, I want to buy new skates (bauer x30s) but I was wondering if I should wait til Boxing Day for some deals or just buy them now at full price? Should I also wait for Boxing Day to buy the sticks too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

RussianShark 12-01-2010 09:36 PM

this is funny because i'm caught up between the same exact sticks right now. I'm also leaning towards the x40

ThorNton Apologist 12-01-2010 11:12 PM

I am also contemplating between these two..because of price range..

From what i have read on these boards the X40 is a great stick for the price

gboyce 12-02-2010 08:42 AM

X:40 for sure, for that price range its's a better stick.

However, if you are going to go high end, go with an Easton. I have a ST and its a dream, the Kevlar wrap is awesome for durability

ChiTownHawks 12-02-2010 09:12 AM

Well I really think I can help here as I have both the X40 and the SE6 as well as X30 skates. However both sticks are intermediate. In the SE6 I have a 65 flex cut to probably about a 73 and in the X40 I have a 77 flex cut to about an 84. I really like both sticks, but if I had to pick I would say the x40. I had the SE6 and had no issue with it other than I wanted a little more curve b/c it was a Zetterberg. I got the Kane curve in the X40 by the way. For some reason I really feel like the pucks explode off my X40. My slappers are a little more consistent and my wristers fly with this thing. So my vote is for the X40 but the Se6 is also a fine stick at that price point.

As far as the skates go you should really try them on, but I have had x30s for a year and they are very comfortable and show little sign of wear. That's playing at least once, but more often twice a week.

spitfires07 12-02-2010 10:30 AM

k so I'm probably gonna go with the x40, as for curve, I was thinking the P88 Kane or the P102? Gagne curve - but probably the Kane.

I'm for sure gonna try on the skates, but my initial idea was the x30s because I've heard good things about them and also I'm using a pair of Vapor VII's right now and they've lasted me a while and have been good to me. I'm a big fan of Bauer in general actually.

I like what I'm hearing about the x40, my only concern is regarding durability. My wood sticks used to last me entire seasons, I don't want this thing breaking after 4 or 5 games

ThorNton Apologist 12-02-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfires07 (Post 29302716)
k so I'm probably gonna go with the x40, as for curve, I was thinking the P88 Kane or the P102? Gagne curve - but probably the Kane.

I'm for sure gonna try on the skates, but my initial idea was the x30s because I've heard good things about them and also I'm using a pair of Vapor VII's right now and they've lasted me a while and have been good to me. I'm a big fan of Bauer in general actually.

I like what I'm hearing about the x40, my only concern is regarding durability. My wood sticks used to last me entire seasons, I don't want this thing breaking after 4 or 5 games

I thought gagne was the P106?? from the HG website curve list gagne is the 106.. same as the jokinen.. is this true.. i had the jokinen on the vapor XX. and i loved it.
even if they are a little diffrent im sure they are as close as you can get as both are heel curves which is the most important factor in my taste

thorbs 12-02-2010 08:22 PM

I have a teammate who went from one95s to x:40s and he hates them. I'd suggest the Dolos on Hockey Monkey that are on closeout.

spitfires07 12-02-2010 08:24 PM

yeah it is P106, P102 was just my guess.

I went to Sport Chek today and they were out of the x40s, so I was looking at the x30 for 79.99 ($20 cheaper than the x40).

I'm just wondering if there is a huge difference between the x30 and x40? I have no problem paying the extra 20 for the x40 but seeing as I didn't get to try it, is it similar to the x30? (x30 felt a bit heavy)

kk I'll check the dolos out thx for the advice, but after looking at another thread just bashing hockey monkey I'm hesitant to order from them. I wish the one95 was cheaper.

ThorNton Apologist 12-02-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorbs (Post 29318158)
I have a teammate who went from one95s to x:40s and he hates them. I'd suggest the Dolos on Hockey Monkey that are on closeout.

of course he liked the one95 better.. i hear those are the best sticks out there right now.. how are the dolos? never really heard much about warrior

thorbs 12-03-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firegarrett (Post 29320695)
of course he liked the one95 better.. i hear those are the best sticks out there right now.. how are the dolos? never really heard much about warrior

I was implying that the quality drop between the x:40 and higher-end sticks is quite significant, which might have been useful to the original poster? He found the sticks really blade-heavy and they had terrible stick feel, fwiw.

Dolos have a lower kickpoint than the one95s, so I've found it better for snapshots and wristers but worse for slapshots. They're only about $30 more than x:40s and I think they'd be a better value than the x:40s if your budget allows it.

RussianShark 12-09-2010 11:17 PM

i decided to go with the x:40, it sick. did not expect to be this good