HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Draft Day Trades (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=85060)

Barnaby3636 06-19-2004 03:53 PM

Draft Day Trades

What do you think are the REALISTIC draft day trades?

Ny Rangers: Tom Poti, 24th Overall

To

Atlanta Thrashers: 10th overall

Ny Rangers: Jamie Lundmark, 46th overall, Corey Potter

To

Florida Panthers: 7th overall, Kristian Huselis

That would be my DREAM

We would draft:
6th: Rostislav Olsez
7th: Aj Thelen
10th:Alexander Rudalov/ Robbie Schremp

Dgrohl8 06-19-2004 03:57 PM

If this ever happened it would be every ranger fans dream

Barnaby3636 06-19-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
If this ever happened it would be every ranger fans dream

Hahahaha

Do you think it is a posibility?

nyr7andcounting 06-19-2004 04:10 PM

The first trade could happen, as long as ATL is still interested in Poti.

The second one wouldn't happen, the 7th overall pick alone is worth more than Lundmark/Potter/46th.....no way Keenan throws away Huselius for nothing.

But if we added a little more to the 2nd deal, and they both happened, it'd be awsome

Barnaby3636 06-19-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
The first trade could happen, as long as ATL is still interested in Poti.

The second one wouldn't happen, the 7th overall pick alone is worth more than Lundmark/Potter/46th.....no way Keenan throws away Huselius for nothing.

But if we added a little more to the 2nd deal, and they both happened, it'd be awsome

What do you think would need to be added?

Ocelot 06-19-2004 05:09 PM

Man that would be crazy 3 top 10 picks. Don't see it happening thou.

Prucha73 06-19-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2J129
Man that would be crazy 3 top 10 picks. Don't see it happening thou.

We do have the pieces to get 3 picks in the top 10, and I think we should go for it and get Tukonen, Thelen and Olesz/Wolski

nyr7andcounting 06-19-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby3636
What do you think would need to be added?

Maybe Baranka, Liffiton, one of those guys instead of Potter. Just upgrade Potter a little and you may have an outside chance if Keenan really likes Lundmark.

Or, maybe replace the 46th pick with Rachunek....something like that. In the original deal, they were giving away a top 10 pick and the only thing they were getting back that has any chance to be as valuable is Lundmark, and that's a really unlikely. Alteast giving up Rachunek and Lundmark, or Lundmark/Liffiton/46th, they get more than one young asset.

rnyquist 06-19-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
We do have the pieces to get 3 picks in the top 10, and I think we should go for it and get Tukonen, Thelen and Olesz/Wolski

Man can i ask, what is with your obsession with Wolski? Ya he's big but he's NOT physical, he DOES NOT dominate and when he gets hit he runs away afraid. I'll agree on the first two, but Wolski IMO has way too many holes and would be a waste if a guy like Schremp or Radulov are around

Prucha73 06-19-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnyquist
Man can i ask, what is with your obsession with Wolski? Ya he's big but he's NOT physical, he DOES NOT dominate and when he gets hit he runs away afraid. I'll agree on the first two, but Wolski IMO has way too many holes and would be a waste if a guy like Schremp or Radulov are around

I think the only thing Wolski lacks is intensity and physical play, but other than that he got all the tools to be a great top line player. Think along the lines of bigger Simon Gagne. Wolski also was the top scorer on his team. He probably had to face best defensive units each night. Imagine what his stats would be like if he played on a team with 2 great scoring lines like Schremp did.

rnyquist 06-19-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

I think the only thing Wolski lacks is intensity and physical play, but other than that he got all the tools to be a great top line player. Think along the lines of bigger Simon Gagne. Wolski also was the top scorer on his team. He probably had to face best defensive units each night. Imagine what his stats would be like if he played on a team with 2 great scoring lines like Schremp did.

But if he's not intense now and plays absolutely no physical play then he likely won't in the NHL, reminds me of Brendl. Also Gagne can mess it up, Wolski can. I'm not bashing your opinion I just think your extremely overvaluing him. He's got potential but lacks a lot. Also remember stats aren't always accurate when the player is the only star on a team. Its kind of like the expansion teams, a few players had a good season on the expansion team because they got the best of the situations but in reality weren't that good, Heinze, Audette, and even Whitney ring a bell?? All i'm saying is that Wolski just lacks important values and he's not even 20.

Btw Schremp often found himself on the 3rd line so i wouldn't exactly say he got the best of a situation

Prucha73 06-19-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

But if he's not intense now and plays absolutely no physical play then he likely won't in the NHL, reminds me of Brendl. Also Gagne can mess it up, Wolski can. I'm not bashing your opinion I just think your extremely overvaluing him. He's got potential but lacks a lot. Also remember stats aren't always accurate when the player is the only star on a team. Its kind of like the expansion teams, a few players had a good season on the expansion team because they got the best of the situations but in reality weren't that good, Heinze, Audette, and even Whitney ring a bell?? All i'm saying is that Wolski just lacks important values and he's not even 20.

Btw Schremp often found himself on the 3rd line so i wouldn't exactly say he got the best of a situation

I of course could be wrong on him, but my feeling is that he will be a good one and I think he is somewhat safe as well. Glen Murray is not a physical player and doesn't play with a lot of intensity, but that didn't stop him from scoring 30-40 goals. I think Wolski is coachable enough to become more physical and aggressive. He is already very tough to move from in front of the net. And like I said before if a guy like Hlavac can start playing gritty and physical and throw hits, then so can Wolski.

And as for Schremp being healthy scratch and being on a 3rd line those are the reasons I don't want him, cause there has got to be some issues with this kid, if he is really as skilled and talented as some say, then his coach would want to make him the go to guy. Plus he was in terrible condition and overwheight at the combine--lest time we drafted a lazy overweight and extremely skilled player it was Brendl. I would stay very far away.

karl_hungus 06-19-2004 10:54 PM

I'd love to get three picks in the top 10 but I don't see it happening...we can dream though!

I'd go Ladd, Thelen and Schremp

rnyquist 06-19-2004 11:37 PM

TUkonen, Thelen Schremp. But ideally Tukonen and Lauri K would be amazing

Prucha73 06-19-2004 11:49 PM

What has Korpikoski done besides 6 great games in U18 WJC to justify him being a 1st round pick?

rnyquist 06-19-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

What has Korpikoski done besides 6 great games in U18 WJC to justify him being a 1st round pick?

well you could say that about Wolski or Ladd, what have they done besides one good season. You can't really look at those things you look at the product and the potential

Prucha73 06-20-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

well you could say that about Wolski or Ladd, what have they done besides one good season. You can't really look at those things you look at the product and the potential

Wolski had 2 good seasons. Korpikoski hasn't done anything besides 6 good games, that is too risky for me to take a player like that in the 1st round. And I think there is a big differense between 6 good games and 60+ good games.

Barnaby 06-20-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

One good season says a lot more then 6 good games...

Prucha73 06-20-2004 07:27 PM

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=53152159

Quote:

Draft peek: Poile said the Predators are leaning toward taking a center or defenseman preferably one with size in the first round of Saturday's NHL draft in Raleigh, N.C.

''There are also a couple of high-end goalies,'' he said. ''That wouldn't be my top choice, but it might be tempting if they're still there when we pick.''

The Predators currently have the 15th overall selection in the first round, and Poile said it's possible they could move back.

''Maybe we'd give up that pick for two second-rounders,'' he said. ''But I think the odds are we'll stay in that position.''
Would it be a good idea to trade #36 and 37 for #15?

RangerBoy 06-20-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=53152159

Would it be a good idea to trade #36 and 37 for #15?

In a word YES

Prucha73 06-20-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy
In a word YES

I think it depends on several factors: Who is available at 15, 36, 37? Who Rangers would pick at 15, 36, 37? If lets say Nokelainen and Jeff Shultz are there at 36 and 37, I would most likely keep them, rather than taking the likes of Stafford or Smid. But I would probably do it if Wolski, Picard or Radulov is available at 15.

Edge 06-20-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

All that for Wolski? :eek:

Now that's a scary assesment.

Prucha73 06-20-2004 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
All that for Wolski? :eek:

Now that's a scary assesment.

We'll see in 2-4 years who was right. :)

Edge 06-20-2004 08:01 PM

Have you even seen him with any regularity may I inquire?

I've been following him for the better part of two years.

No defense, lacking effort many nights and zero physical play isn't a formula for someone I wanna draft.

You seem to have some obession with guys who have huge question marks around them.

Prucha73 06-20-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Have you even seen him with any regularity may I inquire?

I've been following him for the better part of two years.

No defense, lacking effort many nights and zero physical play isn't a formula for someone I wanna draft.

You seem to have some obession with guys who have huge question marks around them.

As far as I can tell most players at that age are not very good defensively, lack consistancy and are not very physical. Lundmark was supposed to be consistant, physical, but look at him now... Players at 18 can really develop in a couple of years. Wolski seems to have the tools--size, character, skating, offense, hockey sense to develop into a good hockey plyer. I, by no means, suggest that he is ready now to contribute at NHL, but in a couple of years he can be a very good player, especially if he works on his defensive game and starts being more aggressive. In contrast you take a guy like Lundmark who lacks size, has good scoring touch and is very aggressive, he comes to NHL realizes that he is totally out of his league, losses his aggressian and becomes nothing, a useless roster filler. So you might say that if a player is not aggressive at 17, he will never aquire that trait, but I say that players CAN aquire and they can as well lose their aggression trait. But one thing Wolski won't lose is his size. To me Tukonen and Wolski don't have any more question marks then the rest of the players in the draft. Even if Wolski doesn't ever play aggressive he can still be a good scorer with good size and speed. I can't really expect all skilled players and top scorers to be overly physical and aggressive. That is something I expect from 3rd and 4th line guys as well as most defensemen.