HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tinordi not invited to World Junior camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=850644)

Le Tricolore 12-07-2010 05:22 PM

Tinordi not invited to World Junior camp
 
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...78747717701632

Also he corrected himself with his name in a later tweet.

overlords 12-07-2010 05:26 PM

is it possible he got snubbed for jetting to the chl? or is he really struggling that much?

Zaide 12-07-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 29420609)
is it possible he got snubbed for jetting to the chl? or is he really struggling that much?

Haven't seen him play, but his stats might be a reason by he didn't make the camp. 2 assists in 24 games looks pretty bad, but he's a defensive d-man, so I can take it. He looked well in preseason.

MrNasty 12-07-2010 05:43 PM

according to BM...USA was concerned with his lack of foot speed. I guess the are taking speed over size.

Nidema 12-07-2010 05:52 PM

Not surprised.

Unless you're ultra talented like Carlson, I would think moving to the CHL is usually frowned upon due to internal politics.

Plus, Tinordi is not exactly lighting it up in the points category even though his defensive play has been good from all accounts. His style is just not fit for IIHF play.

overlords 12-07-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nidema (Post 29420961)
Not surprised.

Unless you're ultra talented like Carlson, I would think moving to the CHL is usually frowned upon due to internal politics.

Plus, Tinordi is not exactly lighting it up in the points category even though his defensive play has been good from all accounts. His style is just not fit for IIHF play.

i'm really hoping that wasn't a factor, since that would be our second prospect after avtsin who gets left aside because of politics.

Raptactics29 12-07-2010 06:16 PM

TBH, Tinordi's been brutal for us here in London. He's big, a presence, has an okay stick, drops the gloves sometimes (usually loses), and is a decent skater but he makes way too many mistakes to be counted on at the WJs.

I don't know what it is but he is struggling.

RoyBoyCoy 12-07-2010 06:21 PM

Not overly surprised. Tinordi still has a lot of work to do

Blind Gardien 12-07-2010 08:09 PM

They don't have to play politics with this choice. Tinordi simply isn't playing at a level where you could consider him as a candidate for a national team. He's barely at a marginal OHL level right now. Without his size and his reputation/perceived upside, he would be in a lot of trouble just as an everyday OHLer. And yes, that is a dire circumstance for an NHL 1st round pick. I don't think it needs to be sugarcoated. He has struggled. There's lots of time for him to turn things around. I've only see the Knights twice this year. He doesn't look like an NHL 1st round draft pick to me. Or even 2nd or 3rd round pick... most of those guys, once picked, stand out on their OHL teams. Tinordi hasn't had the benefit of prior experience in the OHL, as most drafted OHLers already have. But still, concern is IMHO warranted. The Habs could have had two US National team defensemen 27th and 57th, but opted for Tinordi instead. Until he turns it around, I think it's fair game to question it now, even while understanding that it's early and that there's plenty of time left.

gusfring 12-07-2010 08:12 PM

He's had a bad year so far. Not suprised but I'm disappointed by his play this year.

ikelechien 12-07-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 29424121)
He's had a bad year so far. Not suprised but I'm disappointed by his play this year.

If U want to know why tinordi has not been invited, read this
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/

awesomo 12-07-2010 08:20 PM

its aight, Pitlick wasnt invited either and he is ppg in the WHL

Habs 12-07-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptactics29 (Post 29421394)
TBH, Tinordi's been brutal for us here in London. He's big, a presence, has an okay stick, drops the gloves sometimes (usually loses), and is a decent skater but he makes way too many mistakes to be counted on at the WJs.

I don't know what it is but he is struggling.

Sounds like he has a bad case of Komisarekitis , is there a cure for this besides a dose of Markov?

tiersen24 12-07-2010 09:01 PM

Well I guess I'll be the first one on this thread....


BUST !!!!!!!! :scared:





:sarcasm:

Erika 12-07-2010 09:36 PM

Sounds like another freaking David Fischer to me...

It's premature, but it doesn't sound good at all....

Timmins and his underachieved americans... :shakehead :help:

NewHabsEra* 12-07-2010 10:17 PM

I dont think its time to panic about Tinordi, he is still getting used to the buzy OHL schedules and big defensemen take usually longer to get it going.. I still think he is a good pick and can become a pretty solid shutdown defenseman one day in the NHL but he has to simply his game and play like a stay at home type of defenseman since I dont see any upside offensively.. nothing against him trying to improve in that area but should focuss first on his strength IMO.

Ubercron9000 12-07-2010 10:36 PM

I wanted Etem

BigHabs 12-07-2010 11:03 PM

Come on guys, the guy was just drafted past summer. He is a shutdown dman not an offensive dman. They probably want a faster and more offensive squad this year at the WJC.

I think Tinordi will be fine, and is what the Habs will be looking for down the road to go along with a Subban and Weber. Would be nice to see a squad of:

Markov, Subban, Weber, and Tinordi. The other spots could be filled by FA's. This would be a pretty solid lineup for the future.

To have people call him a bust over missing out on the WJC is a joke. Give the guy time. Montreal knows he is not going to be a 50pts per season dman. They picked him up for his size and potential shutdown role. Nothing more, nothing less. They will have enough offense when he comes possibly to the big club.

This is another case of people jumping the gun and calling him a bust. People seem to come out and bash on a player when they are in the middle of development and something happens. We seen the same thing with the report of Kristo being suspended and how he didn't put up good numbers to start his campaign, but was usually a late starter. Just people jumping the gun.

They obviously saw something in him, just like the Canucks did, and were eager enough to trade up to make sure they got him before Vancouver did.

Whitesnake 12-07-2010 11:36 PM

The guy was cut, so in order to go back in, he would have had to be extraordinairy....clearly he wasn't. But it doesn't tell the whole story as far as what he can become later....but I have no freakin idea where that offensive side of him was suppose to happen. No idea whatsoever.

At the draft, we were NEVER getting a 2-way d-man. Ever. At best, we were clearly getting a big top 4 d-man with a good first pass. AT BEST. What's happening right now is that those traits are still a work in progress. Nothing is and was ready for this upcoming World Juniors but seems to me nothing was ready for the OHL either. Not a big fan of some markets in the US and didn't especially not want him in Notre-Dame IF they had any chance to improve his offensive side of his game but clearly, he is not going to do that in the OHL either.

No time to panic. It was a safe 1st round pick by Timmins. We will see how it will turn out LATER. 'Cause Worlds Juniors are not the end of the road. I mean, with a little luck, we could end up with Gallagher in the Worlds and not Tinordi and it's not that big of a stretch to think that while Tinordi should end up in the NHL as a regular, Gallagher might never see this league.

But going back to the 1st round, it's all about who we got and what we gave for. We traded #27 and #57, for #22 and #113. I'm not too sure that Tinordi was that much ahead of guys like my favorite Jon Merrill (what a potential steal Jersey got with him....) Howden, Etem, Coyle, Pitlick etc... and Lindberg, Johns, McKegg for Tinordi. Good news is that it's possible that #113 pays off after all if he's able to put on some weight. Future will tell how great that decision was.

But again, IT HAS NOTHING to do with him being chosen or not.

HabsRealist 12-08-2010 11:28 AM

Tinordi's upside is a Gill after 2 - 3 years in AHL after London. That is his upside.
Likely AHL ceiling and a waste of a first and second round pick ( remember we gave
away a 2nd rounder to move up ).

I dont think a first rounder should be used for any player with a limited skill set,
regardless of size ( another Brent Bilodeau here ).

Rabid Ranger 12-08-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblor506 (Post 29428627)
Come on guys, the guy was just drafted past summer. He is a shutdown dman not an offensive dman. They probably want a faster and more offensive squad this year at the WJC.

I think Tinordi will be fine, and is what the Habs will be looking for down the road to go along with a Subban and Weber. Would be nice to see a squad of:

Markov, Subban, Weber, and Tinordi. The other spots could be filled by FA's. This would be a pretty solid lineup for the future.

To have people call him a bust over missing out on the WJC is a joke. Give the guy time. Montreal knows he is not going to be a 50pts per season dman. They picked him up for his size and potential shutdown role. Nothing more, nothing less. They will have enough offense when he comes possibly to the big club.

This is another case of people jumping the gun and calling him a bust. People seem to come out and bash on a player when they are in the middle of development and something happens. We seen the same thing with the report of Kristo being suspended and how he didn't put up good numbers to start his campaign, but was usually a late starter. Just people jumping the gun.

They obviously saw something in him, just like the Canucks did, and were eager enough to trade up to make sure they got him before Vancouver did.

Good eval. Tinordi was always going to be a project. I think he'll be a competant NHL d-man (top four upside) but it will take him a while to grow into his skin. Not a big deal. The other issue here is the construct of the U.S. team from the blueline in-it's ALL about speed. Tinordi is a good skater for his size, but definately lags behind the other d-men that will make the team-even similarly sized players like Derek Forbort.

Estimated_Prophet 12-08-2010 11:41 AM

Who cares if Tinordi doesn't play in the WJC. He is still a much better prospect than Gallagher even though Gallagher has an invite to the Canadian team.

Tinordi is not suited to the international game. Now take a breath and relax!

Habs 4 Life 12-08-2010 11:53 AM

Not a big deal, he wasn't invited when they had a camp late summer don't know why they would have invited him now. Not a big deal

CanadienErrant* 12-08-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 (Post 29428004)
I wanted Etem

Me too.

Whitesnake 12-08-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 29434740)
Me too.

I have to say I was somewhat surprised that they didn't pick him. He would fit right at ease with the "identity" this team is suppose to have or suppose to want.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.