HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Omark Finally freed from the AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=850920)

Jimmi Jenkins 12-08-2010 12:52 PM

Omark Finally freed from the AHL

As Per Dan Tencer's Twitter

Quote:

Omark and O'Marra coming up per Tom Renney
I mean, thank heavens right?

Trollmark* 12-08-2010 01:09 PM

lets celebrate, my baltic neighbours! (i was born in poland)

Hybbe 12-08-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffey Maker (Post 29436127)

:laugh:

21 12-08-2010 02:15 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

and **** you Wennerholm
http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/26380/20...kan-glomma-nhl

Dosing 12-08-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffey Maker (Post 29436127)

They teach geography in poland?

Pentothal 12-08-2010 06:37 PM

He probably meant Baltic as in the Baltic sea and not the Baltic states.

Honest mistake, but a bit funny nonetheless.

Trollmark* 12-09-2010 07:54 PM

of course baltic sea
dont be stupid

Ribban 12-10-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffey Maker (Post 29466114)
of course baltic sea
dont be stupid

Right! It's just that you would never refer to Poland as a Baltic neighbor to anyone, even if one could technically make that argument. It's a similar situation to why we wouldn't refer a Canadian, or a Colombian for that matter, to be an American although this is technically the case as well.

In lieu of the conversation that has been going on over on the Oiler board, I sure hope Omark does well for the few games he gets to visit, so that Edmonton can get something for him in a trade later this season. His expectations (right or wrong) clearly doesn't fit in with Edmonton's future plans, and any unrealistic idea that he should happily sit around in Edmonton's closet (the OKC) and come out in full affect whenever one of the "important Oiler guys" goes down with an injury for a few games, is not going to happen. It's absurd to even start an argument along those lines.

Linus is no spring chicken for being a rookie, so he needs to be on a team williing to play him. Edmonton obviously have made their choice on who their future guys will be, and they allow them to make rookie mistakes all over the ice on a nightly basis without any consequences (even if many of them aren't rookies anymore).

Fans in Edmonton seem to think that Linus is suffering from poor attitude, but I can't blame him. Relationships are two way streets, always. Junk in, junk out... Simple as that. Employers can wish and talk all they want about how it should be different, and that they have no obligation to anyone but the right to demand total obedience in return, but it doesn't work that way. It never has and it never will. Denial doesn't solve problems. It only makes them worse...and in all honesty, what sort of winning streak or culture are the Oilers jeapordizing by adding Omark to the mix at this point? What player on the Oilers is producing to such levels that he is untouchable?!?! To holler about Omark's lack of defense, turning the puck over, etc. is really ridiculous when one is looking at Hall, Eberle, Cogliano, Brule, and Pääjärvi to mention a few.

I hope for both of them that he gets out of there a.s.a.p. It would be the first win-win for the Oilers in a long time.

Trollmark* 12-10-2010 01:29 PM

fans would rather have omark in than cogliano or brule
mark my words on that

its the organization that wants to keep him down there for some reason
id rather have him than any of those 2 dunces

HemskyToHall* 12-16-2010 08:49 PM

omark scores first career goal.

Tomas W 12-17-2010 02:07 AM

As we all know Omark should have been tested in the NHL earlier, but better late than never.

joe89 12-19-2010 07:08 PM

I have never had a problem with him being in the AHL, but I have had a problem with seeing Paajarvi(this one is understandable though in a way), Brule and Cogliano up instead of him. Cogliano is also horrible at the dot. He'll be out of this league in no time if he doesn't turn things around imo. But enough about them, Omark seems to be taking his chance which is all that he can do at this point. Hopefully for him he'll convince the management enough that someone else should be sent down when the injured players return.