HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Proposal: Iginla to Atlanta (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=851415)

odgersfan83 12-09-2010 05:57 PM

Iginla to Atlanta

First off, let me say that I am a Thrashers fan but also like the Flames. Not only do you have the Atlanta connection but I've always enjoyed your style of play. I also appreciate the rabid fanbase you have and am quite envious.

If things continue as they are now and Calgary were to want to rebuild, what would it take to get Iggy in Atlanta?

They would appear to be logical trade partners. Iginla is Evander Kane's idol and Jarome plays a style that would fit in well in Atlanta. Atlanta also has a very solid farm of young players.

Assuming that Atlanta is making a playoff push this year, what would you guys want for Iginla?

Skobel24 12-09-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odgersfan83 (Post 29462394)
First off, let me say that I am a Thrashers fan but also like the Flames. Not only do you have the Atlanta connection but I've always enjoyed your style of play. I also appreciate the rabid fanbase you have and am quite envious.

If things continue as they are now and Calgary were to want to rebuild, what would it take to get Iggy in Atlanta?

They would appear to be logical trade partners. Iginla is Evander Kane's idol and Jarome plays a style that would fit in well in Atlanta. Atlanta also has a very solid farm of young players.

Assuming that Atlanta is making a playoff push this year, what would you guys want for Iginla?

Kane, lol. Honestly, after him, there isn't much that interests me.

ski1236* 12-09-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odgersfan83 (Post 29462394)

what i would truely want to happen is this

iginla
jaybo

for

enstrom
little
cormier
coniditional 1st if iginla gets over 75 points

FLAMES666 12-09-2010 06:18 PM

1st, klingberg, Bergfors

odgersfan83 12-09-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1236 (Post 29462769)

iginla
jaybo

for

enstrom
little
cormier

Yikes! As much as I like Iggy there's no way I'd do that.

Take Enstrom out and it seems more even. Calgary gets back a goal scoring winger (although not as talented as Iginla) a very good prospect and a first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMES666 (Post 29462794)
1st, klingberg, Bergfors

Looks more like what I'd expect. I don't know much about Klinberg but a lot of the Thrasher faithful are high on this guy.

Flames Fanatic 12-09-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odgersfan83 (Post 29462960)

Take Enstrom out and it seems more even. Calgary gets back a goal scoring winger (although not as talented as Iginla) a very good prospect and a first.

Are you serious? We are giving you two of our best players, and you won't even give up two roster players? You've gotta be freaking kidding me. Cormier, Little and a conditional first for Iggy and Jay? If you offered me that in person and I'm the GM of Calgary, I'd shoot you and get acquitted.

ski1236* 12-09-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

its a conditional first wich i doubt iginla will reach those points, your also getting bouwmeester

Skobel24 12-09-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1236 (Post 29463582)
its a conditional first wich i doubt iginla will reach those points, your also getting bouwmeester

They're also rebuilding, and taking on how much salary? They're already having troubles as is.

odgersfan83 12-09-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic (Post 29463538)
Are you serious? We are giving you two of our best players, and you won't even give up two roster players? You've gotta be freaking kidding me. Cormier, Little and a conditional first for Iggy and Jay? If you offered me that in person and I'm the GM of Calgary, I'd shoot you and get acquitted.

Who is the 2nd player coming to Atlanta?

EDIT: My apologies. I missed Bouwmester.

Just looking for Iginla. We have limited $ and Iginla already runs $7 million.

Skobel24 12-09-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Looks more like what I'd expect. I don't know much about Klinberg but a lot of the Thrasher faithful are high on this guy.

So you're saying Little, Cormier, and a 1st would get Iggy and Jaybo? :help:

3rdEye 12-09-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 29463673)
They're also rebuilding, and taking on how much salary? They're already having troubles as is.

That's about a 7.5M cap hit they would be acquiring. Right now they have 17.9M in space...

odgersfan83 12-09-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 29463859)
So you're saying Little, Cormier, and a 1st would get Iggy and Jaybo? :help:

See above. I glossed right over J-Bo.

Would Little, Cormier and a 1st be about on par for just Iggy? Is Calgary looking for forwards or defense? I really haven't watched them this year.

ski1236* 12-09-2010 06:56 PM

calgary needs a few young guys and an ofd, so enstrom little and comrie is perfect for us

Janks 12-09-2010 06:58 PM

Bogo or Kane.
I might settle for Cormier, a 1st and Little although I don't know much about Cormier.

Skobel24 12-09-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRD (Post 29463946)
That's about a 7.5M cap hit they would be acquiring. Right now they have 17.9M in space...

There is a reason they have 18 mil in space. Its because they can't afford to have that much on their payroll. and it was Jaybo and Iggy, thats about 15 mil

odgersfan83 12-09-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1236 (Post 29464068)
calgary needs a few young guys and an ofd, so enstrom little and comrie is perfect for us

Can't see getting rid of Enstrom for Iginla. Not implying that he's better, he's just pivotal to Atanta and this years success. That's why I was looking at a forward mixed with prospects and picks.

What if it was a package revolving around Bogosian?

3rdEye 12-09-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 29464159)
There is a reason they have 18 mil in space. Its because they can't afford to have that much on their payroll. and it was Jaybo and Iggy, thats about 15 mil

I know they can't spend to the limit but not sure if they can spend and extra 8M or so.

And you forget Enstroms 3.75M and Littles 2.383M coming off the books.

Skobel24 12-09-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRD (Post 29464446)
I know they can't spend to the limit but not sure if they can spend and extra 8M or so.

And you forget Enstroms 3.75M and Littles 2.383M coming off the books.

Thought they were still on entry level contracts for some reason. My bad.

Stewie Griffin 12-09-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1236 (Post 29462769)

iginla
jaybo

for

enstrom
little
cormier

I think that conditional draft pick should be based on Atlanta's performance as the team, not necessarily Iginla's point production. Start with a 4th, turns into a 3rd if they make the playoffs, turns into a 2nd if they win a round, and it becomes a 1st if they win two or more.

I'd even throw in Jokinen. :sarcasm: (actually Calgary has to add someone to even out the contract numbers, Moss? Carpentier?)

That way I can cheer for Atlanta in the playoffs for a number of reasons. :P win-win.

GoFlames 12-09-2010 08:37 PM

Meh... if not Kane as the centre piece I would pass. More into Boston, esp for Toronto's first rounder, Colborne etc.

Flames 1st pick 12-11-2010 10:51 AM

Iggy is showing he still has some life....at this pace, he is worth something valuable at the deadline...

That is if Sutter is gone, otherwise we'll get some bums in return for a fruitless playoff push

cgychieffan 12-11-2010 12:17 PM

I posted this a few weeka ago..

TO CALGARY:
Evander Kane (900 K)
Johnny Oduya (4 M)
Spencer Machachuk (AHL)
2011 2nd.. **EDIT: 1ST ROUND** ..pick

TO ATLANTA:
Jarome Iginla (7 M)
Robyn Regher( 4 M)

DBU 12-11-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgychieffan (Post 29498137)
I posted this a few weeka ago..

TO CALGARY:
Evander Kane (900 K)
Johnny Oduya (4 M)
Spencer Machachuk (AHL)
2011 2nd.. **EDIT: 1ST ROUND** ..pick

TO ATLANTA:
Jarome Iginla (7 M)
Robyn Regher( 4 M)

Does oduya really make 4 mil? Good lord.

Regardless, I might do this if it was a First involved.

DJ Doublecheese 12-11-2010 01:04 PM

Why do people want to move JBO? He has been our best defenseman this year, and yes that includes Gio. He has been a better shut down D-Man then Regher and is jumping up in the play more, all while logging the 4th highest TOI in the league. Oh, and he is a +7.

GoFlames 12-11-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Doublecheese (Post 29498827)
Why do people want to move JBO? He has been our best defenseman this year, and yes that includes Gio. He has been a better shut down D-Man then Regher and is jumping up in the play more, all while logging the 4th highest TOI in the league. Oh, and he is a +7.

Yup, you are preaching to the choir here! :)