HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Iginla to Pens? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=852076)

tpc77 12-11-2010 12:59 PM

Iginla to Pens?

As many agree, we would like to see Sid with a real scoring winger.

In addition, they seem to be not missing a beat without Malkin or Staal in the lineup.
When Staal returns, he is very capable of being a very good #2 centre for many years to come.

Why not move Malkin and his huge contract?

What do people think about this deal? Is it close to fair value if either team were willing to part with their players.

To Pitt:
Iginla
2011 First (Likely top 5 - 7)

To Calgary:
Malkin
2011 2nd -3rd or decent prospect or decent roster player (whatever calgary wants)

Is this in the ballpark?

Malkin certainly has more value than Iggy due to age and him simply being a better player now. Flames would have a centerpiece of their team for 10 years at least.

Would they give up such a high pick though? Would whatever goes with Malkin have to be a Tangradi type prospect?

JeffMangum 12-11-2010 01:00 PM

Malkin > Iginla.

Pens don't need any high picks.

No cap space.

No reason to do this.

ComixZone 12-11-2010 01:00 PM

Calgary says no.

Malkin is a top talent, no doubt.

But we're not giving up the face of our franchise AND a top tier pick for him.

And the Pens are already the best team in the league without Malkin and Staal playing. They have no reason whatsoever to make any trades. Maybe they'll add a depth d-man at the deadline, otherwise, they won't mess with their roster.

JeffMangum 12-11-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComixZone (Post 29498770)
Calgary says no.

I highly doubt that. You're getting one of the best players in the world, who is only 24. This is a player you can build your franchise around. That's better than any top-tier pick.

Too bad Pittsburgh would be assclowns to do this, though.

Leafssss 12-11-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Calgary says no.

And the Pens are already the best team in the league without Malkin and Staal playing. They have no reason whatsoever to make any trades. Maybe they'll add a depth d-man at the deadline, otherwise, they won't mess with their roster.

LOL aging winger or amazing top 5 player in the league and picks aren't proven players like malkin steal for Calgary

tyflames 12-11-2010 01:14 PM

I'd sooner see the flames keep the, more then likely top 5 and pick an up and coming star, instead of take malkin and give up the flames franchise leading goal scorer.

JeffMangum 12-11-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyflames (Post 29498969)
I'd sooner see the flames keep the, more then likely top 5 and pick an up and coming star, instead of take malkin and give up the flames franchise leading goal scorer.

Malkin is a already a star. The obsession with draft picks continues here.

Brandinho 12-11-2010 01:18 PM

Why are people focusing on the picks when the bigger issue is that Iginla's value isn't even in the same stratosphere as Malkin's?

Maxpac 12-11-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Calgary says no.

:amazed:

JeffMangum 12-11-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandinho (Post 29499043)
Why are people focusing on the picks when the bigger issue is that Iginla's value isn't even in the same stratosphere as Malkin's?

Because it's top 5z brah. Superstar!!!!!!11111one!11 :sarcasm:

sickest flow bro 12-11-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandinho (Post 29499043)

And supposedly this draft is one of the weakest in recent history...

Pens say no.

SEALBound 12-11-2010 01:25 PM

Nope, Malkin is better and younger...Iggy's on the decline...Pens have won 11 straight...ZERO reason for the Penguins to do this...ZERO!

tpc77 12-11-2010 01:40 PM

Pens will eventually lose this hot streak as will Crosby.

If they want to take another run at the cup they will need more in the lineup than the current situation.

Either way, this is more of a deadline deal than right now.

I agree that Malkin has much more value than Iggy, so maybe Malkin is the lone piece going to Calgary instead?

Pitt could use the complimentary winger for sid and the high pick will be a bonus of a good prospect to slowly develop while they are already a solid team.

They are showing they can do it without Malkin...... especially when staal comes back

sickest flow bro 12-11-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc77 (Post 29499437)
Pens will eventually lose this hot streak as will Crosby.

If they want to take another run at the cup they will need more in the lineup than the current situation.

Either way, this is more of a deadline deal than right now.

I agree that Malkin has much more value than Iggy, so maybe Malkin is the lone piece going to Calgary instead?

Pitt could use the complimentary winger for sid and the high pick will be a bonus of a good prospect to slowly develop while they are already a solid team.

They are showing they can do it without Malkin...... especially when staal comes back

But they are also showing they can do it without Staal.

Staal and 1st for Iginla?

LetangInTheSO 12-11-2010 01:54 PM

They're also showing they can do it without Comrie.

Comrie for Iginla, straight up.

tpc77 12-11-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies (Post 29499565)
But they are also showing they can do it without Staal.

Staal and 1st for Iginla?

Staal likely has more trade value than Iginla as well.

What he has accomplished up to this point and only being 22, he most definitely wouldn't need a 1st going with him.

I think the Pens would be smarter to keep him and his more reasonable salary for now and the future compared to Malkin's.

Replace Malking with a deadly winger (iginla) and a future top prospect with the 1st from calagary.

Plus Iggy and Crosby already have shown some chemistry.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan* 12-11-2010 02:01 PM

Hell, the Penguins wouldn't even trade Staal for Iginla. Iginla is aging and his production is dropping. The Pens organization would be taking like 10 steps backwards by acquiring an aging forward.

Shrimper 12-11-2010 02:04 PM

Staal and Malkin both have more value than Iginla so I would reject it straight out if they were involved. If Dupuis or Talbot were involved then I'd listen, but I doubt Calgary would want to do the deal then. Pittsburgh don't need another first round pick either, they have a good crop of players at the moment and when the likes of Despres, Tangradi, Kuehnhackl and Jeffrey to name a few come through then the squad will have some good quality players and depth.

tpc77 12-11-2010 02:13 PM

I don't follow the pens prospects too much.

But I don't think any of those forwards are overly exciting other than tangradi maybe.

With this deal they could get the "now" in Iginla, and draft a high winger pick to replace Iginla as he declines.

However, with Sid on his line, Iggy could be very good for a number of years.

Look what Guerin accomplished as a 38-40 year old with Sid.

Iggy is only liek 32, he has many years for 40+ goals on sid's line. Guerin was never as good as iggy in his prime either.....

Sidney the Kidney 12-11-2010 02:17 PM

Can people stop including Malkin in trade proposals? He's not going anywhere, not unless he either a]demands a trade or b]a team like the Devils offers something so outrageous (Parise, Zajac, Tedenby, Josefson, 2011 first round pick, plus more assets) that it's difficult to say no.

cynic* 12-11-2010 02:22 PM

a 7 million caphit winger is NOT exactly what the Pens need in order the address the wing situation.

Lunatik* 12-11-2010 02:44 PM

something around Staal makes much more sense than Malkin... that said salaries have to be even because of cap implications... and so do the number of contracts as the Flames are at their limit...

I would also prefer to move Iginla at the draft so the Flames know exactly what pick they would be getting... its a weak draft and there is a huge difference in value between a 15-20 pick and a potential 29/30 pick...

I also think if moved (huge if) it will not be to a contender like the Pens... I think it will be to a younger team with some cap space that feels Iginla would make them a contender... teams like Colorado, Phoenix, Los Angeles, St. Louis and even Tampa stand out to me as all have 20+ million in cap space for next season... where as a team like the Penguins only has $8 million in cap space for next season currently...

perhaps even a team like the Islanders will open up their wallet for Iginla to try and become a playoff team

LetangInTheSO 12-11-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 29500578)

perhaps even a team like the Islanders will open up their wallet for Iginla to try and become a playoff team

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

wej20 12-11-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Symbolic (Post 29500184)
a 7 million caphit winger is NOT exactly what the Pens need in order the address the wing situation.

Correct. No desire to move Staal or Malkin in trades for Iginla.

Skobel24 12-11-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 29500578)

i lol'd