HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: The Blizzard Edition: New York Islanders @ Nashville Predators 12/13/2010 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=852721)

Roman Yoshi 12-13-2010 11:51 AM

The Blizzard Edition: New York Islanders @ Nashville Predators 12/13/2010
 


We ACME'd Wile E. Coyote
http://yourownimage.com/Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

We busted Boomer
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...0wclo1_500.jpg

We made that bacon
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/...debc385099.jpg

The Thrasher is not nearly as cool as the Mockingbird
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fw7iF68JR8...ash226x300.jpg

We visited Detroit and thought it sucked
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-conten...05/octopus.JPG


We exterminate the rats in the Bridge
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008...brouck_400.jpg

And tonight...
http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com.../nyimascot.jpg
... I don't even know what the hell that is.

The Good
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...9kUKZn_k6m.jpg

The Bad
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_image...0060062759.jpg

The Ugly
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...0wclo1_500.jpg

Predsfan80 12-13-2010 12:09 PM

Unfortunately another night I have to miss due to the roads tonight. Everyone in the arena Saturday night started cheering when the weather guy mentioned snow. I was like "Crap". I missed a game last year due to icy roads. I hope our boys can pull off a win tonight and that the roads will be clear by Weds. Go Preds!

Joe T Choker 12-13-2010 12:13 PM

I'm glad I don't have far to travel ... 2 bridges + 1 overpass + no back roads

BigFatCat999 12-13-2010 12:46 PM

If Nashville wins, this puts them in 4th in the West tied with VAN, DAL, and ANA with 36 pts.

Viqsi 12-13-2010 12:50 PM

Get your kicks in while you can, kids. Boomer's days are numbered.
Quote:

Late last month, the Blue Jackets unveiled a second mascot - Boomer, a cuddly cannon - to great laughter and embarrassment because of Boomer's unmistakably phallic shape. Fans better get their digs in quickly. Sources have told The Dispatch that Boomer's role will shrink as the season moves along, and he could be retired this summer.
(from http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...1.html?sid=101)

In the meantime, feel free to go forth and kick ass.

Jonesey 12-13-2010 12:52 PM

My sick self will be watching this one from the couch.

BigFatCat999 12-13-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 29540223)
Get your kicks in while you can, kids. Boomer's days are numbered.

(from http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...1.html?sid=101)

In the meantime, feel free to go forth and kick ass.

Damn, but Boomer will live on in memory and Nashville's standings...

The Old Miss mascot has been retired and would work for you.

jcupp 12-13-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 29540296)
Damn, but Boomer will live on in memory and Nashville's standings...

The Old Miss mascot has been retired and would work for you.

Something tells me that Columbus does not want a Confederate Colonel as their mascot. BTW it's Ole Miss.

Roman Yoshi 12-13-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcupp (Post 29540401)
Something tells me that Columbus does not want a Confederate Colonel as their mascot. BTW it's Ole Miss.

That would be absolutely priceless :yo:

I think I have located the reason the Islanders are doing so poorly... just look at that mascot :shakehead

I am a bit saddened no one is going to comment on the epic video I found... that is my 7th grade english teacher...

kivaerijo 12-13-2010 01:24 PM

Lets Go Preds!!

Paincakes 12-13-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 29540426)
That would be absolutely priceless :yo:

I think I have located the reason the Islanders are doing so poorly... just look at that mascot :shakehead

I am a bit saddened no one is going to comment on the epic video I found... that is my 7th grade english teacher...

Really? I have followed hickok45 on youtube for some time and love his videos. had no idea he was a teacher

jstreet 12-13-2010 01:38 PM

Ive never seen that mascot before, is that a dragon?

Roman Yoshi 12-13-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownInAHole (Post 29540850)
Really? I have followed hickok45 on youtube for some time and love his videos. had no idea he was a teacher

yep it is a well kept secret for obvious reasons.

predfan24 12-13-2010 02:05 PM

Interstates shouldn't be too bad. I'm going.

Predsfan80 12-13-2010 02:09 PM

I just talked to my ticket rep and he said that they salted broadway. I'm just not gonna risk it. I don't like missing games, but after seeing quite a few cars in the ditch its not worth my safety. I'll just use my unused ticket for the next ticket exchange on January 11th.

Fo Shea Shea 12-13-2010 02:12 PM

I've been driving around town and out into some to the surroundings counties. As of 1:00pm this afternoon, 95% of all the roads are are clear and now dry. No excuses guys. Let's get down there and scream for the boys.

BigFatCat999 12-13-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcupp (Post 29540401)
Something tells me that Columbus does not want a Confederate Colonel as their mascot. BTW it's Ole Miss.

What ever. Any school that had a Manning is not within my sphere of care.

Yes, I'm looking at you UofT.

Roman Yoshi 12-13-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 29540223)
Get your kicks in while you can, kids. Boomer's days are numbered.

(from http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...1.html?sid=101)

In the meantime, feel free to go forth and kick ass.

Depressing...

PredsChik 12-13-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 29541613)
What ever. Any school that had a Manning is not within my sphere of care.

Yes, I'm looking at you UofT.

pfft. I really don't understand all the Manning hate some people have, you'd think Peyton kicked your dog or something.

I'll be there, roads aren't bad, I got Suter on the back of my jersey Saturday night and he had a 2 pt game, here's hoping for carryover!

Roman Yoshi 12-13-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsChik20 (Post 29542163)
pfft. I really don't understand all the Manning hate some people have, you'd think Peyton kicked your dog or something.

I'll be there, roads aren't bad, I got Suter on the back of my jersey Saturday night and he had a 2 pt game, here's hoping for carryover!

Pats fans. :yo:

Manning sucks.

Back to hockey, what is the over/under we score a powerplay goal tonight? I am betting my beard we don't get a powerplay goal. Anyone want to bet against?

gopreds19 12-13-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 29539278)

That guy taught me 6th grade English at FRA about 15 years ago. Ha!

Predsfan80 12-13-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobears19 (Post 29542579)
That guy taught me 6th grade English at FRA about 15 years ago. Ha!

Interesting. We probably faced each other in football and crosscountry. I ran during high school and played in the band at CPA. :yo:

hockey diva 12-13-2010 03:29 PM

Main roads should be fine. The sun has been out all day so alot has melted. May have some slick spots later tonight. No Excuses!

Seth Lake 12-13-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 29542322)
Back to hockey, what is the over/under we score a powerplay goal tonight? I am betting my beard we don't get a powerplay goal. Anyone want to bet against?

Hey now, don't forget the PP scored last game...;)

I Will Son 12-13-2010 04:36 PM

Ya the roads are not to bad now, only slick spots where its been in the shade most and theres not much shade on the interstate. LETS GO!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.