HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Proposal: iginla to washington (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=852940)

ski1236* 12-13-2010 11:45 PM

iginla to washington

semin
green

for

iginla
jaybo
backlund

GoFlames 12-13-2010 11:52 PM

Semin is a UFA so no... and no to Backlund.

ski1236* 12-14-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFlames (Post 29554023)
Semin is a UFA so no... and no to Backlund.

how about
backstrom
green

for

bourque
jaybo
morrison
2011 1st
2012 1st

StreakingRed 12-14-2010 12:03 AM

No thanks.

GoFlames 12-14-2010 12:03 AM

No! The Flames will not give up 2 first rounders when they want to rebuild :facepalm: This is a terrible idea that would lead to the well earned lynching of the GM!

tyflames 12-14-2010 12:04 AM

In a trade that involved iginla I wouldn't want players that are essential roster players on a team that is contending it should sooner be prospects and picks

tmurfin 12-14-2010 12:25 AM

EPIC FAIL of a proposal.. the second is worste than the first, we would be in a significantly worst situation after the first and washington wouldnt touch the second

GoFlames 12-14-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurfin (Post 29554872)
EPIC FAIL of a proposal.. the second is worste than the first, we would be in a significantly worst situation after any of these trades

Yes to all of that! Flames fans would only support trading the captain for a top 5 draft pick, blue chip prospect etc... not for a selfish me first slap fighting player like Semin who is a UFA, an over priced D man in Greene and TWO... yeah TWO picks.... extreme fail. Just cause the Flames are sucking does not mean they will sell their best assets for scrap metal to save the Capitals from the cap :shakehead

Stewie Griffin 12-14-2010 01:17 AM

Oooh, i wanna play!

Iginla, Bouwmeester, career AHLers (to balance contract #s)

for

Laich, Johanssen, Carlson, other Salary Dump, 2011 1st, 2011 3rd

:sarcasm:

canadajazz 12-14-2010 01:22 AM

another stupid trade thread with unrealistic proposals. yay!

Kipper for Poti

Flames Fanatic 12-14-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1236 (Post 29554309)
how about
backstrom
green

for

bourque
jaybo
morrison
2011 1st
2012 1st

Man, if it wasn't this years first.... actually, you know what. I'm gonna go against the crowd here. Green is better offensively than Bouwmeester, and if he was paired with a guy like Regehr, it would be a great pairing. They are the same age too. Morrison is a blow to our depth, without a doubt. Bourque for Backstrom is a no brainer. Backstrom would FINALLY give us a honest to god 100 point franchise center locked up long term, as he signed for like a decade and he's only 23. He's also fantastic defensively. While our 1st in 2011 may give us that anyways, we are taking a gamble, since as we all know draft picks don't always turn out (Kidd, Fata, Tkaczuk).

And honestly, if we had a Tanguay-Backstrom-Iginla line... drool. I doubt our pick would be worse than 7-15.

The value is far from perfect. If you took out next years first I would say yes without a doubt. But thats honestly what it would take to get Backstrom from Washington.

tmurfin 12-14-2010 03:10 AM

Even if calgary offered this washington wouldnt touch it. not even close.

Flames 1st pick 12-14-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic (Post 29556641)
Man, if it wasn't this years first.... actually, you know what. I'm gonna go against the crowd here. Green is better offensively than Bouwmeester, and if he was paired with a guy like Regehr, it would be a great pairing. They are the same age too. Morrison is a blow to our depth, without a doubt. Bourque for Backstrom is a no brainer. Backstrom would FINALLY give us a honest to god 100 point franchise center locked up long term, as he signed for like a decade and he's only 23. He's also fantastic defensively. While our 1st in 2011 may give us that anyways, we are taking a gamble, since as we all know draft picks don't always turn out (Kidd, Fata, Tkaczuk).

And honestly, if we had a Tanguay-Backstrom-Iginla line... drool. I doubt our pick would be worse than 7-15.

The value is far from perfect. If you took out next years first I would say yes without a doubt. But thats honestly what it would take to get Backstrom from Washington.

I would do that deal....backstrom is better than any draft pick Sutter/Button can manage to pick...

tfong 12-14-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

how about
backstrom
green

for

bourque
jaybo
morrison
2011 1st
2012 1st

Wow, can you think about what you are saying and not just pull random trades from NHL11?

I mean what possible reason would Washington do this for?

Snoil11 12-14-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

how about
backstrom
green

for

bourque
jaybo
morrison
2011 1st
2012 1st

To those Flames fans who would decline this offer: why?

Stewie Griffin 12-14-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 29562003)
To those Flames fans who would decline this offer: why?

I think it's more that the scenario as presented is unrealistic.

One issue is the lack of cap space, Flames still have to free up another $1.3 million or so (not a major issue but it's a concern). Another is Backstrom just signed a 10 year extension. Seems like he's a key component to Washington's future, moving forward. It leaves a gigantic hole for them down the middle. Which brings me to point #3. Why would Washington do this? Point #4: Do the Flames really want to give up TWO more first round picks? I don't think so...

tfong 12-14-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 29566281)
I think it's more that the scenario as presented is unrealistic.

One issue is the lack of cap space, Flames still have to free up another $1.3 million or so (not a major issue but it's a concern). Another is Backstrom just signed a 10 year extension. Seems like he's a key component to Washington's future, moving forward. It leaves a gigantic hole for them down the middle. Which brings me to point #3. Why would Washington do this? Point #4: Do the Flames really want to give up TWO more first round picks? I don't think so...

This except for #4.

I think Flames would obviously love this deal lol because it is heavily in favour of the flames to the point where it is unrealistic. There is simply no reason the caps would do this -- trading 2 core franchise players away for such a low return.

Even if the Flames offered their entire team for those 2 players (without cap implications), it would still be rejected because it makes no sense for the Caps.

I seriously think the op managed to make this trade work in NHL11 and thinks because it works there that it can work in real life.