HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What do the Preds need? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=853673)

Padlock 12-15-2010 08:09 PM

What do the Preds need?

I haven't watched many Preds games this year (2), just wondering what the biggest needs are on this team? With all of the west so packed together, almost every team could make a move that changes the whole power struggle.

golfmade 12-15-2010 08:11 PM

Need people to stop getting injured and could also use the services of Lombardi who's not played a game for us yet.

Top 6 Spaling 12-15-2010 08:45 PM

A really big band-aid, a new PP coach, and Colin Wilson to reach his potential. Otherwise, we're good.

worstfaceoffmanever 12-15-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade (Post 29593827)
Need people to stop getting injured and could also use the services of Lombardi who's not played a game for us yet.

He played two, but it certainly does feel like he hasn't played for us.

What we really need is another good defenseman. In the event of an injury, Bouillon or Franson or O'Brien would be pressed into extensive service, and I don't trust any of them playing above the third pairing.

golfmade 12-15-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 29597950)

What we really need is another good defenseman. In the event of an injury, Bouillon or Franson or O'Brien would be pressed into extensive service, and I don't trust any of them playing above the third pairing.

My bad.

OpenWheel 12-15-2010 09:50 PM

A playoff series win.

Joe T Choker 12-15-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWheel (Post 29598925)
A playoff series win.

+ the ability to clone Patric Hornqvist

predfan24 12-15-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 29597950)

In other words we just need Suter and Weber to stay healthy. Yes I agree you don't want to see any of those guys playing big minutes but none of those guys belong permanently in the press box.

If we are in good position at the deadline I'd like to see us pick up a established goalscorer( If one is available) You need a guy to lean on when the going get's tough in the playoffs to get you that big goal.

adsfan 12-15-2010 10:59 PM

One or two goal scorers and one more really good D-man.

worstfaceoffmanever 12-16-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predfan24 (Post 29600730)
In other words we just need Suter and Weber to stay healthy. Yes I agree you don't want to see any of those guys playing big minutes but none of those guys belong permanently in the press box.

None of them should be playing 20 minutes a night, either, but Bouillon is. If the opportunity presents itself, I would rather have a player like James Wisneiwski (who should be available in the spring) playing with Klein than Bouillon. Wiz is a guy who can step up and play substantial minutes if we lose Weber or Suter for any stretch of time. We've seen what happens when we try to plug that gap with Bouillon, and I think we can do a good bit better than that. We'll need to if we want success in the playoffs.

Adding a forward just doesn't seem realistic right now unless we plan to put Lombardi on LTIR and keep him out for the season. If you concede a roster spot to Spaling, we don't have enough places for everyone as it is. But if we're expecting Legwand and Lombardi to get healthy, we're going to have to find a suitor for Dumont before we make any moves up front. Good luck with that.

token grinder 12-16-2010 09:52 AM

we need goaltending. it should be clear to any predator fan that we need 0 or 1 goals scored against us to have a chance. it is the only way we can trap and play the vaunted pat burns 0-5 forchecking system. our giant scandavanians just do not cut it. we need smaller goalies from humid climates to make this thing work here...

oh wait, here it is :sarcasm:

PredsV82 12-16-2010 10:25 AM

we need one of those little spinning hearts that our players can skate through and have all their health restored... or barring that a couple of 'extra lifes" for Legwand and/or Hornqvist

DuklaNation 12-16-2010 10:25 AM

A #1 center.

ThirdManIn 12-16-2010 10:55 AM

A lot of teams need a #1 center. We're trying to be realistic here.

I'm with wfome. I think we need a second pair defenseman. When Suter went down it was a disaster on the blueline. Kleiner has been playing well. Suter and Weber are... well... Suter and Weber. Franson/O'Brien/Bouillon are serviceable third pairing guys. We need another second pairing d-man worse than anything aside from health.

padstack 12-16-2010 12:21 PM

Agreeing with everyone else here. Lombardi and Legwand are the two big keys. Tootoo and Ward seem to play a lot better alongside Legwand and Lombardi should be able to assert himself on the top two lines and make the PK even better(if thats possible) Lindback obviously has been impressive, but you can't expect that to keep up.

There has to be a better option in the lineup than Trotz dressing Belak when he has no intentions of playing him more than two shifts and he obviously won't be with the team next season.