HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ryan Kesler Draft Video? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=854520)

maroon 6 12-17-2010 09:06 PM

Ryan Kesler Draft Video?
 
Does anyone have it or know where I can find it? thanks

HurtsDonut* 12-17-2010 09:09 PM

ive never seen it tbh

maroon 6 12-17-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggins (Post 29638373)
ive never seen it tbh

Thats why I want to see it, if there is one

TacitEndorsement 12-17-2010 09:45 PM

A+ googler here, nothing turned up. If it's out there it does not want to be found.

HurtsDonut* 12-17-2010 10:06 PM

Is there even a picture of him at his draft year at least?

xtr3m 12-17-2010 10:34 PM

Yeah, no videos.

I did find this: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=114202

TacitEndorsement 12-17-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3m (Post 29639860)
Yeah, no videos.

I did find this: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=114202

Post #6. Can we start a petition for the Canucks to hire this guy?

Barney Gumble 12-17-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganja (Post 29639944)
Post #6. Can we start a petition for the Canucks to hire this guy?

Great forcasting by this poster:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2128174&postcount=9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
You're right, you do tend to exaggerate. Kesler's not going to be a sniper at the NHL level, but to suggest he has "no hands" and "no offense" is a joke. He is fully capable of scoring 25 goals at the NHL level, and I expect him to do that in the near future while playing a great two-way game.


maroon 6 12-17-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganja (Post 29639944)
Post #6. Can we start a petition for the Canucks to hire this guy?

WOW he nailed it, 26-25 goals last 2 seasons and Selke nominee in both.

Gibson Les Palms 12-17-2010 10:56 PM

lol at the person who said he has no hands.

Kesler could be an average 1st line centre on many teams right now.

Gorge Canuck 12-17-2010 10:58 PM

Here are a bunch of hockey card images of Kesler, haven't found any draft yet.

http://www.freewebs.com/linden16/kesler.htm



http://www.freewebs.com/linden16/k1.jpg http://webzoom.freewebs.com/linden16/k1b.jpg

(Fav player Pavel Bure)



He is wearing a tie under his jersey in this image, possibly from the draft.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...anKeslerRC.jpg

Durr 12-17-2010 10:59 PM

One of the few good picks made by Burke.

But come on... how many people actually thought he would do this well? So many fans were convinced back then that this guy was going to be an elite 3rd liner with average 2nd line potential, nothing more.

I'm glad I was wrong.

JonnyCash 12-17-2010 11:43 PM

Well let's be honest.. 99% of posters on here (myself included) form their opinion based on reports and other media.. and a brief trip to youtube or watching the world juniors.

Durr 12-17-2010 11:53 PM

http://i36.tinypic.com/ae5rma.jpg

Winroba 12-18-2010 12:09 AM

Representing the younger fans here, why did he start with #20?

Cromulence 12-18-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 29641092)
Representing the younger fans here, why did he start with #20?

Jason King was wearing #17 when Kesler debuted in 2003.

King left in 2004 though and Kesler didn't switch to 17 until 2007. I personally don't know why he switched. Maybe so Jeff Cowan could have his number? :)

It's weird to think of him wearing #20. It's like Bertuzzi and #27 or Bieksa and #25.

Mr. Canucklehead 12-18-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cromulence (Post 29641177)
Jason King was wearing #17 when Kesler debuted in 2003.

King left in 2004 though and Kesler didn't switch to 17 until 2007. I personally don't know why he switched. Maybe so Jeff Cowan could have his number? :)

It's weird to think of him wearing #20. It's like Bertuzzi and #27.

^Add to the list Naslund wearing #22 when he first arrived here.

maroon 6 12-18-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durr (Post 29640948)

LOL theres photos like these but none from the draft

YogiCanucks 12-18-2010 02:16 AM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=528195

This is actually a pretty hilarious read (year before he broke out offensively). Many of the posters are some of the "high fliers" we have around today.

Note: I think I do mention in the thread that I was one who was claiming that not letting Kesler go on the Philly Offersheet (for the eventually 32nd overall pick) was a mistake.

Winroba 12-18-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YogiCanucks (Post 29641967)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=528195

This is actually a pretty hilarious read (year before he broke out offensively). Many of the posters are some of the "high fliers" we have around today.

Note: I think I do mention in the thread that I was one who was claiming that not letting Kesler go on the Philly Offersheet (for the eventually 32nd overall pick) was a mistake.

I love that people look at things like this with Kesler and how people reacted after a few years of the Sedins and still think that Hodgson is going to bust :shakehead

I seriously hope this fan base stops freaking out sometime soon

maroon 6 12-18-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 29642110)
I love that people look at things like this with Kesler and how people reacted after a few years of the Sedins and still think that Hodgson is going to bust :shakehead

I seriously hope this fan base stops freaking out sometime soon

We've been spoiled by these Crosby's, Ovechkin's etc... Its a fact most of our prospects take time to develop

Eukaryote 12-18-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YogiCanucks (Post 29641967)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=528195

This is actually a pretty hilarious read (year before he broke out offensively). Many of the posters are some of the "high fliers" we have around today.

It is ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFITO (Post 14557820)
....
seriously though, Kesler was made to be a 3rd line shutdown center. A player that you just expect to go out every shift and make sure the other team doesn't score a goal, while any offense he provides in that role becomes a bonus...

if you're expecting guys like Kesler and Burrows to provide offense, they'll suck and hurt this team more than help it... right now we have 2 elite checking forwards (both of them IMO played among the top 30 checking forwards in the game last year).... they give this team an edge in that role.

Take them out of that role and put them in your top 6, and not only do you lose that edge you had in the shutdown role, but you don't really help the team offensively because they'll be below average offensive contributors for top 6 players....

Ooops. There's a couple of "big swings and misses".

Here and elsewhere people thought Kes had stone hands when he first made the team. I'm surprised he turned out to be a pretty good offensive centerman as well.

Neester 12-18-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durr (Post 29640290)
One of the few good picks made by Burke.

Only the Rangers could screw up a pick in that first round.

Durr 12-18-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eukaryote (Post 29649054)
It is ...



Ooops. There's a couple of "big swings and misses".

Here and elsewhere people thought Kes had stone hands when he first made the team. I'm surprised he turned out to be a pretty good offensive centerman as well.

Hurr hurr but NFITO was smart

parabola 12-18-2010 10:50 PM

Stajan 2nd line potential, Kesler 3rd line potential. Apparently.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.