HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sabres fan here, who else has another team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=854521)

geniusgoalie 12-17-2010 09:07 PM

Sabres fan here, who else has another team?

Sabres fan from Buffalo here, with a topic idea written in a near drunken-coma due to our performance tonight. Despite my location, ever since the player I made for myself was drafted to Calgary in NHL 2003, I have also been a huge Flames fan- especially when you're doing better than we are... it's basically become a new holiday for me when the Sabres and Flames play each other.

So my question is, does anyone here have a second team as well (especially if for a strange reason like mine...)- or are you all unadulterated Flames fans?

StreakingRed 12-17-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniusgoalie (Post 29638344)
So my question is, does anyone here have a second team as well (especially if for a strange reason like mine...)- or are you all unadulterated Flames fans?

No second favorite teams for me, only the Flames.

Signature 12-17-2010 09:37 PM

I cheer for the Thrashers - guess I just have a thing for teams from Atlanta.

King In The North 12-17-2010 09:37 PM

I used to follow the Flyers pretty damn closely when they had Roenick/Forsberg. I also used to follow the Leafs because I live in Hamilton. Now I just follow the Leafs for comedic reasons.

MarkGio 12-17-2010 09:49 PM

No other hockey team. The Boston Celtics is the only other sports team I watch regularly. #1 in the East with 12 straight wins!!!

DBU 12-17-2010 10:19 PM

I've become more and more of a Flyers fan lately, so I guess you could call them my second team. Claude Giroux has really become one of my favourite players.

That said, the Flames will always be number one.

Skobel24 12-17-2010 10:26 PM

Ive always liked the Blues too, but its

1. Calgary

2. St.Louis

Stewie Griffin 12-17-2010 10:37 PM

I generally jump on another team's bandwagon in the playoffs after Calgary is eliminated (which is early and often).

Usually that team depends on the playoff pool draft, and the bulk of the players I end up with determines the team(s) I cheer for.

goodsauce 12-17-2010 11:27 PM

I am the kind of guy that has a west team, and a east team. My west team ,since birth has been the Flames. My east team of 5 years would have to be the habs, I like Price's bounceback and also was a huge fan of cammy, and still am. PK and a couple other habs also make me a huge fan.

Also, I dont have anything against the Leafs, would like to see them get good.

Flames Fanatic 12-18-2010 03:12 AM

I've got a couple of other teams. Calgary gets 95% of my support, Ottawa gets 3%, and LA, Washington, Boston, Montreal each get 0.5%

flames4life 12-18-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich0591 (Post 29638861)
I used to follow the Flyers pretty damn closely when they had Roenick/Forsberg. I also used to follow the Leafs because I live in Hamilton. Now I just follow the Leafs for comedic reasons.

This

tfong 12-18-2010 12:24 PM

Detroit :D

Janks 12-18-2010 01:01 PM

Calgary then New Jersey. Both my teams suck this year :(

bigchief12 12-18-2010 01:33 PM

Whoever is playing the Canucks.

Lunatik* 12-18-2010 01:34 PM

my #2 is Ottawa, but I don't follow too closely. Just look to see how they've been playing

Johnny Hoxville 12-18-2010 02:42 PM

Besides the Flames I really like the Kings, love their team and how they play. Doughty is my favorite player outside of Iginla and Brown is a fun player to watch.

DoubleJ96 12-18-2010 03:19 PM

My #2 team is New Jersey since I've always been a Brodeur fan but I don't follow nearly as much as I follow the Flames, most just once the Flames are out of the playoffs. Looks like I won't have any teams to cheer for this spring!

GoFlames 12-18-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 29639921)
I generally jump on another team's bandwagon in the playoffs after Calgary is eliminated (which is early and often).

Usually that team depends on the playoff pool draft, and the bulk of the players I end up with determines the team(s) I cheer for.

Oh totally the same for me. Last season it was Philly, basicalyl when (always except the odd exception) the Flames do not make the playoffs or second round I cheer for the under dog. Second team though, the Habs.

canadajazz 12-18-2010 11:26 PM

Nice to see so many shouts to Philly :yo:, I have absolutely loved this team since they got Carter & Richards, two players whom I watched in World Juniors. Subsequently, Homer has managed to acquire a bunch of my absolute favorite players including Kimmo, The Rake, Danny Briere, Hartnell, and Ian Laperriere. And watching them now you gotta love Leino and Giroux. They play the kind of hockey I wish Calgary would... hard, gritty, but fast and skilled as well.

The sad thing is that their 2nd line (Leino/Hartnell/Briere) is arguably a lot more effective/potent than our first line :help::help::help:

flames123 12-20-2010 12:04 AM

I will always be a flames fan first and foremost, but Ottawa and Buffalo will always be two secondary teams.

I fell in love with Ottawa when they sent to the final with that amazing Heatley-Spezza-Alfie line up front and with Chara along with Redden and Meszaros (when they were playing better).

I got on to Buffalo when Tyler Myers left Kelowna to play there. I really like Roys game as well so I will watch Buffalo games when they're on.

Vancouver is another team I watch when the Flames aren't doing to well. If Flames don't make the playoffs I'll be cheering for them.

Lunatik* 12-20-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames123 (Post 29676654)
Vancouver is another team I watch when the Flames aren't doing to well. If Flames don't make the playoffs I'll be cheering for them.

I hate you :rant:

bigchief12 12-20-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

I will always be a flames fan first and foremost, but Ottawa and Buffalo will always be two secondary teams.

I fell in love with Ottawa when they sent to the final with that amazing Heatley-Spezza-Alfie line up front and with Chara along with Redden and Meszaros (when they were playing better).

I got on to Buffalo when Tyler Myers left Kelowna to play there. I really like Roys game as well so I will watch Buffalo games when they're on.

:hit: Do me a favor and push yourself into the bushes.

StreakingRed 12-20-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

You're dead to me.

XperHFB 12-20-2010 11:54 AM

I'm surprised here people are willing to take for the phlyers. As a canadian citizen I will always pick a canadian team first (besides Toronto :)). And as habs supporter I will always pick Philadelphia last.

And to be honest with you guys
1- I really LOVE Iginla and if I was Montreal's GM I would have already gave you AK46, a second rounder, a third rounder, a fourth rounder.... a seventh rounder and by default since we dont have 8 rounders any more, Spacek!

Jokes behind. If Iggy is for trade, we are takers.

GoFlames 12-20-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 29678640)
I hate you :rant:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchief12 (Post 29679411)
[/B]

:hit: Do me a favor and push yourself into the bushes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 29679457)
You're dead to me.

:laugh: I agree with that. I have no love for the nuck fans...