HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rumor: Rangers still interested in Fedor Tyutin(Updated) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=854954)

RangerBoy 12-19-2010 06:46 AM

Rangers still interested in Fedor Tyutin(Updated)

The Rangers are not trading Michael Del Zotto. John Tortorella has identified MDZ as part of the core. Teams are allowed to ask but they're not trading him.

Quote:

The word is the Columbus Blue Jackets, who badly need offensive blue-liners, inquired about former Rangers first-round draft D-man Michael Del Zotto. They might have been offering Fedor Tyutin back to New York, after they got Tyutin for Nikolai Zherdev. Del Zotto for a defensive blue-liner Tyutin probably wouldn't get it done. Now if they threw in Nikita Filatov, too? Columbus actually needs a shooter in the worst way on the PP. Have they called about Sheldon Souray?
Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...#ixzz18YocPbWY

The Rangers need another offensive defenseman in addition to MDZ.

Tyutin has been terrible this season. Filatov will be in the KHL next season.

Jim Matheson is still trying to peddle off Souray who is going through the motions in the AHL just interested in collecting his salary. Similar to Wade "Pacer" Redden. Besides, Souray suffered a leg injury on Friday which looked serious. No update was issued.

TrollololBoyle 12-19-2010 07:09 AM

No harm in asking, but they don't really have the Rangers needs.

BroadwayBlues 12-19-2010 08:19 AM

Give us Nash, then I would do it.;)

Radek27 12-19-2010 08:30 AM

It's still a bit early to give up on this Filitov kid so I would roll the dice on him, but not for MDZ.

ChrisKreider20 12-19-2010 08:35 AM

Only if the trade is gaborik Mdz and grachev for Nash filatov and tyutin

ogie 12-19-2010 08:48 AM

they can't have MDZ but they can sure as hell have Gilroy.

Killem Dafoe 12-19-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 29661589)
Only if the trade is gaborik Mdz and grachev for Nash filatov and tyutin

haha nono

Fitzy 12-19-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 29661508)
Give us Nash, then I would do it.;)

Thats the spirit.

Look, I critique MDZ as much or maybe more than anyone here. He is not my style of defenseman. But. I wouldn't even consider trading him for Filatov or Tyutin, or even both together.

RangerBoy 12-19-2010 09:26 AM

Why would Filatov be a different player with a change of scenery? He couldn't play for Ken Hitchcock and can't play for Scott Arniel. Hitchcock is just as demanding as Tortorella. Arniel and Tortorella like to play a same style. Torts and Arniel know each other from Buffalo and they believe in the same things required in a hockey player. Filatov was demoted to Springfield for a reason. Why would Filatov be different in NY when he has failed under two coaches who demand and preach the same things Torts wants from his players? After the failed Zherdev experiment and Frolov's shaky status with the Rangers,why would Sather give up anything significant for Filatov who bolted to the KHL last season?

DutchShamrock 12-19-2010 09:46 AM

If this is true, it's just Columbus trying to steal a guy while his value is low. Sather isn't one to run out of patience with a young guy, look at how long he stuck with Dawes and Prucha. And as Rangerboy points out, we need a pp guy just as bad as Columbus (another one really).

Shadowrunner 12-19-2010 10:06 AM

Not for DZ, but I would certainly take a flier on Filatov. The kid's got boatloads of talent and a good head on his shoulders. With the right guidance, he can turn into a Briere type of player.

On another note, it's funny how player perceptions change a few years down the road. If anyone would have offered us Filatov for MDZ on draft day (assume they're drafted in the same year), we would take it and run, laughing maniacally.

Stugots 12-19-2010 10:28 AM

I wouldn't trade dz for anyone on Columbus save for a package deal for nash and I don't think the jackets are trading the only reason people come to see them play.

Inferno 12-19-2010 10:32 AM

gilroy for filatov. DO IT :P

Ola 12-19-2010 10:42 AM

I've never been a big fan of Filatov.

First of all, I think he is overrated. He just isn't that talented.

Second, his style just isn't that successful in the NHL, nor anywhere in modern hockey. He is a counterattack, jump behind the D's, type of forward.

Don't get me wrong, of course he is shifty, he have a decent shot and is solid all over the board, I would be interested in him for sure, but never for MDZ. More like Girardi...

Inferno 12-19-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 29662479)
I've never been a big fan of Filatov.

First of all, I think he is overrated. He just isn't that talented.

Second, his style just isn't that successful in the NHL, nor anywhere in modern hockey. He is a counterattack, jump behind the D's, type of forward.

Don't get me wrong, of course he is shifty, he have a decent shot and is solid all over the board, I would be interested in him for sure, but never for MDZ. More like Girardi...

Holy crap....what have you been watching bro? Girardi is playing like an allstar defenseman signed at a VERY reasonable rate given his performance....why on earth would you move him at all?!?!

Girardi has just 1 fewer point than Duncan Keith while putting up top 15 in hits, the #1 blocked shots leader by FAR, top 25 in takeaways...pretty much top 25 in every statistical category for a defenseman...and you would trade him for Nikita Filatov?! :help:

Ail 12-19-2010 11:20 AM

Nash is the only Jacket I would trade for if it involved roster players. Especially young ones.

NY Lito 12-19-2010 11:29 AM

this couldn't/wouldn't ever happen. teams just don't match up.

MDZ isn't untouchable in my eyes, though, and wasn't last season for me either. i know he's only 20 but some of his decision-making is just plain awful.

Florida Ranger 12-19-2010 11:47 AM

DZ for Filatov, Tyutin and a 1st.

Puckface NYR* 12-19-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend (Post 29662879)
Nash is the only Jacket I would trade for if it involved roster players. Especially young ones.

agreed

unless were talking about something really stupid like eminger or gilroy for tyutin

NY Lito 12-19-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 29663155)
DZ for Filatov, Tyutin and a 1st.

filatov blows. loads of talent but can't translate it to the nhl game. i wouldn't trade anything of value for him.

MDZ for voracek, tyutin, and a 1st.

DubiDubiDoo 12-19-2010 12:09 PM

MDZ is off the table for me....

What I would do is-

Rosival, Gilroy, White and a 3rd for Vermette and Tyutin

JeffMangum 12-19-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Lito (Post 29663359)
filatov blows. loads of talent but can't translate it to the nhl game. i wouldn't trade anything of value for him.

LOL, why the hell would Columbus do that? :laugh: Absolutely terrible. I'd do MDZ straight up for Voracek, but too bad Columbus wouldn't.

NikC 12-19-2010 12:14 PM

MDZ needs to be sent down badly to find his game again. Why can't McDonaugh be called up? I thought that he was supposed to actually start the season in the lineup? Everything we heard prior to him signing with us was that he was ready and that his playing with the NHL club was the incentive to sign.

MDZ got a little too cocky for his own good and it was his undoing. He needs a dose of humility to regain focus.

Florida Ranger 12-19-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Lito (Post 29663359)

The kid's how old? He might be a high risk, but he's still valuable. I'm not sure teams would want to trade anything with substantial value for him simply because of the work ethic. He's only 20. I'd do that, as long as I get a 1st to cover the team's ass if he stinks.

Columbus would get what they want. We'd get what we can use if it all works out. Plus a 1st round.

Filatov might not even be a Torts' type of guy to begin with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 29663495)
LOL, why the hell would Columbus do that? :laugh: Absolutely terrible. I'd do MDZ straight up for Voracek, but too bad Columbus wouldn't.

There's no way they'd give us a 1st with Voracek in the mix. I didn't understand that.

CH2 12-19-2010 12:30 PM

I think at some point the organization should think about sending MDZ to Hartford, if possible. He hasn't looked very good on either end of the ice and maybe some time at a lower level of competition will help him find his offensive game. Call up McD, play him with Rosival. Sauer and Eminger have been pretty damn good over the past 7 games. Once MDZ has earned a call up, if McD has shown he can play well at the NHL level, pair MDZ with Sauer. Nice little third pairing there.