HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Lowest level of play with goal horns? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=856241)

Felonious Python 12-22-2010 07:43 PM

Lowest level of play with goal horns?

What's the lowest level of play you've seen where the 'home' team had a goal horn?

It'd seem that there would be some arbitrary level of amateur play where it's warranted, but one level down, it's classless and poor sportsmanship.

noobman 12-22-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 29729645)
What's the lowest level of play you've seen where the 'home' team had a goal horn?

It'd seem that there would be some arbitrary level of amateur play where it's warranted, but one level down, it's classless and poor sportsmanship.

One guy brought a fog horn onto the bench at a low level ball hockey game and insisted on blowing it every time we scored. He did it twice, then the referee decided he had enough and said he'd give us a penalty if we used it again.

It didn't matter though, because we lost that game 5-2.

Wile E Coyotes 12-22-2010 11:03 PM

After a skills clinic at my arena I sat and watched a mite game, along with music before the puck drop, when the home team scored, a "goal horn" would play through the PA system. I was pretty impressed.

timbitca 12-23-2010 07:12 AM

High school was the first time I played with all the bells and whistles (horns). You know, national anthem, music during stoppages and goal horn.

Reverend Mayhem 12-23-2010 02:31 PM

BCHL. (Jr. A league)

I've always wanted to score and a goal horn go off after, though.

AZcoyotes 12-23-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile E Coyotes (Post 29733794)
After a skills clinic at my arena I sat and watched a mite game, along with music before the puck drop, when the home team scored, a "goal horn" would play through the PA system. I was pretty impressed.

At the Ice Den right?? Yea during Mini-mite - Bantam house games they play a general goal horn when either team scores. Gets the little kids all happy, but the older ones really don't give a damn lol.

Mr. Canucklehead 12-23-2010 04:28 PM

There's a Senior AA league running in Northern BC called the Central Interior Hockey League. Kitimat, Terrace, Prince Rupert, Smithers, Hazelton, Houston, Burns Lake and Williams Lake all have teams. I know Kitimat, at least, has a horn that goes off for goals.

gojacketsgo61 12-23-2010 08:50 PM

In house league here it happens only in champioship games. I've made it go off 4 times :) . When I used to play rep we didn't have but then again I quit when I was 12 because I couldn't stand the rep parents attitude with them thinking their kid is going to the majors. Well that and I hated my coaching because apparently I don't play a proper way or something when I was goalie.