HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Great Music (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=85679)

Firthbird 06-22-2004 03:09 PM

Great Music

What are you favorite songs/ hockey songs that really get you pumped up?

My Top two would have to be :

! - Where the streets have no name -U2
2- Thunderstruck - ACDC

CH Wizard 06-22-2004 03:15 PM

Hockey song
1 The quiet thing that no one ever knows Brandnew

Favourite songs
1 YEAH !! Usher,Ludacris,Lil John
2 Hey Ya Outkast
3 Hey Mama Black eyed peas
4 Roses Outkast

Gros Bill 06-22-2004 03:29 PM

Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians, "A Girl called Shinny"

Blind Gardien 06-22-2004 03:32 PM

The songs that really get my household pumped up seem to come from Barney's Favourites, Volume 1. "The Ants Go Marching" (hurrah! hurrah!) is a particular roof-raiser.

(Addition: I sometimes secretly sing "The Habs Go Marching" instead, and I'm sure the kid will be confused for his entire life as a result.)

didjuicythat 06-22-2004 03:32 PM

U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name" is definatly up there as far as I'm concerned. So are most of Van Halen's songs, especially "Panama" and "Right Now".

edit: I also like the Buffalo Sabres goal song... I don't know the title but I personally call it the "Woohoo" song. ;)

Brisson11 06-22-2004 03:34 PM

TSN - Brian Adams (We're gonna win)

TSN - Silver Cup

Gros Bill 06-22-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
The songs that really get my household pumped up seem to come from Barney's Favourites, Volume 1. "The Ants Go Marching" (hurrah! hurrah!) is a particular roof-raiser.

Is that the one that goes "Ant people for sex music" ?

Blind Gardien 06-22-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Is that the one that goes "Ant people for sex music" ?

Only if you play the 45 backwards at 33 1/3rd through a Smarties box.

loadie 06-22-2004 04:18 PM

I like Van Halen's Hot for Teacher and Ozzy's Crazy Train, those get me pumped. :yo:

gohabsgo2010 06-22-2004 04:27 PM

Blur's 'Song 2' can pretty much do it for anyone if you ask me. Also the new Velvet Revolver song, 'Slither' is good too.

Gros Bill 06-22-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Only if you play the 45 backwards at 33 1/3rd through a Smarties box.

:shakehead Kids nowadays...

PJ Wiggum 06-22-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Blur's 'Song 2' can pretty much do it for anyone if you ask me. Also the new Velvet Revolver song, 'Slither' is good too.

The whole Velvet Revolver C.D. is awsome. :yo: Some other good songs are anything by Pearl Jam.

gohabsgo2010 06-22-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerf
The whole Velvet Revolver C.D. is awsome. :yo:

True! Weiland + GnR = awesome! :yo:

chicpea* 06-22-2004 06:26 PM

"Up Where We Belong" from the Officer And A Gentleman soundtrack always gets me going.

danboulie 06-22-2004 06:31 PM

Soil - Halo
Slipknot - Duality
System Of A Down - CUBErt
Deftones - Hexagram

Basically anything heavy that'll get the adrenaline pumping will work for me!

HF-Addict 06-22-2004 07:26 PM

AC/DC----> Thunderstruck
Drowning Pools -> Let the bodies hit the floor
Blur ---> Song 2

HFXMooseHabs 06-22-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan

edit: I also like the Buffalo Sabres goal song... I don't know the title but I personally call it the "Woohoo" song. ;)

It's Song 2 by Blur.

Before playoff games this year, I would listen to Enter Sandman by Metallica, Alive by P.O.D (during the Habs comeback vs B's), Bodies by Drowning Pool, and of course the Habs goal song.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 06-22-2004 07:30 PM

Dream On - Aerosmith

They played it on espn's greatest moments of the century, you gotta watch it, especially with that Yzerman's incredible slapper (prolly arround 150 mph, very high velocity).

ChemiseBleuHonnete 06-22-2004 07:35 PM

if it's about music I like, then I like Outkast (the whole new album is good), Black Eyed Peas (nice style, I like it), Aerosmith (classic!), U2 (one of the best music ever made is by them), Linkin Park (with Numb and Faint, very commercial but I like it), all the eurobeat music in Initial D (the new game and the animated series), etc.

Firthbird 06-22-2004 08:03 PM

I agree! Blur - Song 2 is up there for sure as well. Also You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC ... there are a lot of songs.. ranging in all diff. categories...

I plain just love Music!!! :yo:

[nixloose] Christoph 06-23-2004 03:34 AM

Wir sind Helden - Denkmal

kmad 06-23-2004 03:52 AM

Quote:

(Addition: I sometimes secretly sing "The Habs Go Marching" instead, and I'm sure the kid will be confused for his entire life as a result.)

fancy you post in here. the two songs that pump me up more than anything are:

Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Blind Guardian - The Soulforged

I love cranking those songs more than I love watermelon on a hot day.

Blind Gardien 06-23-2004 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmad
fancy you post in here. the two songs that pump me up more than anything are:

Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Blind Guardian - The Soulforged

... as chance would have it, I think Barney is planning to put versions of those on his forthcoming Greatest Hits Volume XIII... that will be a great day in the Blind Gardien household for sure!

mcphee 06-23-2004 08:25 AM

Nothing says hockey like a good polka medley.

Joe Cole 06-23-2004 08:35 AM

Besides the J.F. Sousa marches and Frank Yankovik's of the world already mentioned....

In years past, nothing pumped me up for a game like "F***ing Hostile" from Pantera. Crude, but effective relief for good judgement.

I am getting too old for that though...now it is more like Ted Tevin on the way to the rink.