HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2011 World Junior Tournament Discussion Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=856830)

SMoneyMonkey 12-24-2010 11:07 AM

2011 World Junior Tournament Discussion Thread

I figured people might want one thread to keep track of and discuss how our prospies are doing at the WJCs.

On that topic, Kitsyn's already got a hat trick! Though it doesn't count because it's pre-competition. Can't wait to see how he puts numbers up once the actual event goes.

Who do you guys think'll be our best at the WJCs?

(Schenn - Canada
Kitsyn - Russia
Forbort - USA)

palffytofrovlov 12-24-2010 11:50 AM

I can't wait for Sunday to watch the WJC!!!I think all 3 of our prospects will have a good tournament but I am more excited to watch Forbort.

DAkings20 12-24-2010 12:03 PM

Kitsyn vs. Schenn on Sunday

KopitarFAN 12-24-2010 11:24 PM

USA!!!!!

Lanius 12-26-2010 12:35 PM

Can't wait to see how Maxim Kitsyn will do, one of our goal scoring prospects. He was dynamite in the subway super series, and this will be higher competition.

Best hockey other than the NHL playoffs.

Bateman* 12-26-2010 01:32 PM

Not exactly going out on a limb, I think Schenn will be the best, followed by Forbort, then Kitsyn. I also think that's how these three teams will finish, relative to each other. Go Canada!!!

Anjae11Eden 12-26-2010 03:39 PM

Watching Russia vs Canada right now and I think Maxim Kitsyn has a goal already. The goal was credited to Juri Yurchev (sp?), but I think it's a deflection and will be changed.

SMoneyMonkey 12-26-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjae11Eden (Post 29780035)
Watching Russia vs Canada right now and I think Maxim Kitsyn has a goal already. The goal was credited to Juri Yurchev (sp?), but I think it's a deflection and will be changed.

Came here to post that, definitely tipped methinks. Either way, good front of the net presence!

Not positive that Canada's goal should have been allowed, Goalie interference :P

Anjae11Eden 12-26-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey (Post 29780257)
Came here to post that, definitely tipped methinks. Either way, good front of the net presence!

Not positive that Canada's goal should have been allowed, Goalie interference :P

It seems somebody somewhere knows that Kitsyn tipped it, because they kept the camera on Maxim the whole time they were talking about Yuri. They also showed Maxim tipping it in the replay. Still hasn't been changed though.

GR81 12-26-2010 04:10 PM

The Russia goal has been officially changed and credited to Kitsyn...

Canada 1
Russia 1

http://www.tsn.ca/live/wjhc/

Anjae11Eden 12-26-2010 04:26 PM

Maxim stripped the Canadian player for the take-away. Looks like he'll get the assist on that goal. 1G 1A so far.

Wow: Again an obvious play and he is not credited. Hopefully they will correct this one too, but I don't see why they're having so much trouble.

Puck U 12-26-2010 04:33 PM

Kitsyn in front of net again on the PP and Rus ties it up 3-3

exciting game so far

in case others tune in late, like me ...

Kitsyn #13
Schenn #10
Forbort #7

BigBrown 12-26-2010 04:36 PM

Kitsyn looks good. Great net presence.

Schenn is.. well, not playing very good at all.

SMoneyMonkey 12-26-2010 04:38 PM

Kitsyn has been much more impressive than Schenn so far. Big part in every goal. So happy Roy isn't one of ours :P

ru4reals 12-26-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 29781164)
Kitsyn looks good. Great net presence.

Schenn is.. well, not playing very good at all.

Been watching the game and Schenn hasn't been that bad. A few plays where he lost the puck but he set up a few guys where if his teammates were better snipers would have had a couple of points.

DAkings20 12-26-2010 04:41 PM

Reading the game day thread in the WJC thread is comical. Yeah Schenn hasn't been great, but so many people talk **** about him. "He doesn't belong on team Canada", "I feel sorry that the kings drafted him". Its hilarious.

GR81 12-26-2010 04:43 PM

I've been really impressed with Kitsyn... He's been involved in all 3 Russian goals. He should also get an assist on the last goal by Sobchenko. Kitsyn was planted right in front of the net creating havoc for Roy and I thought he got his stick on the puck in the crease. He should have 2 assists to add to the first goal.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/gameaction_2893.html

Knight of the Realm 12-26-2010 04:43 PM

Just tuning into the game now but Schenn is taking alot of abuse for Puck-Hogging on the main WJC board. Kitsyn sounds like a good player.

BigBrown 12-26-2010 04:46 PM

Yeah he hasn't been horrible but all things considered, I think it's fair to say he hasn't been playing well either. He's holding on to the puck way too long, looks like he's forcing things rather than just move the puck and let things happen.

ru4reals 12-26-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 29781275)
Reading the game day thread in the WJC thread is comical. Yeah Schenn hasn't been great, but so many people talk **** about him. "He doesn't belong on team Canada", "I feel sorry that the kings drafted him". Its hilarious.

I honestly don't even think he's playing all that bad. He's made a few plays were he lost the puck but like I said above he set up two of his linemates and they simply shanked it. If you're not Eberle or Tavares then you don't belong on this team. Simply as that. Couterier gave up the puck right in front of his net and almost cost them a goal and I don't believe their complaining about that. The whole team hasn't played a strong game and to single out Schenn is just.....Jealousy. hahaha. Bitter we picked him up and not Toronto?:sarcasm:

ru4reals 12-26-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR81 (Post 29781323)
I've been really impressed with Kitsyn... He's been involved in all 3 Russian goals. He should also get an assist on the last goal by Sobchenko. Kitsyn was planted right in front of the net creating havoc for Roy and I thought he got his stick on the puck in the crease. He should have 2 assists to add to the first goal.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/gameaction_2893.html

Yeah they had a replay on the last Russian goal and it looked to me like it hit him too.

DAkings20 12-26-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4reals (Post 29781387)
I honestly don't even think he's playing all that bad. He's made a few plays were he lost the puck but like I said above he set up two of his linemates and they simply shanked it. If you're not Eberle or Tavares then you don't belong on this team. Simply as that. Couterier gave up the puck right in front of his net and almost cost them a goal and I don't believe their complaining about that. The whole team hasn't played a strong game and to single out Schenn is just.....Jealousy. hahaha. Bitter we picked him up and not Toronto?:sarcasm:

Exactly I also think people just like to harp on him because of his last name.

ru4reals 12-26-2010 04:58 PM

Kitsyn has been planting his @ss in front of the net! Awesome to see!

Ziggy Stardust 12-26-2010 05:02 PM

Schenn buries an insurance goal for Canada. Good play and puck control by Schenn on that PP.

Puck U 12-26-2010 05:02 PM

GOAL ! SCHENN ! suck it haters :)