HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: The White Christmas Edition: Nashville Predators @ St. Louis (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=857257)

Roman Yoshi 12-26-2010 11:27 AM

The White Christmas Edition: Nashville Predators @ St. Louis

:nashville @ :blues

tonight...
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...w1woDDtd2Qk_Gh

We torch Louie. :yo:

Let's go preds!

BigFatCat999 12-26-2010 11:38 AM

*Just starts tossing snowballs at everyone*

Preds Partisan 12-26-2010 12:30 PM

Per Cooper: Klasen recalled, Erat didn't make the trip, Sullivan made the trip.....to see a doctor in St. Louis so he's out too.

Seth Lake 12-26-2010 12:39 PM

I'd go with:

Wilson - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Klasen - Goc - Kostitsyn
Tootoo - Smithson - Ward
Belak - Spaling - Dumont

This was the right time to recall Klasen with a top-six spot open. With the play of Goc and SK thus far with Erat, I think that Klasen could step in and succeed.

If Erat is back for Dallas, then there is no other recall needed. If not, then I think you've gotta recall someone to take Belak out. Wade would have likely been in tonight anyways...

Preds Partisan 12-26-2010 01:08 PM

klasen-ready-for-opportunity

"Nashville Coach Barry Trotz said he will put Klasen on a more offensive unit -- probably with Sergei Kostitsyn and Marcel Goc.

"I’m going to try to put him in a little better role. He’s supposed to be an offensive player," Trotz said. "The last time he came up, I was more concerned about his defense."

"We’ll see if he has made any progress, and if he can do it, we’ll play him more. If he can’t do it, he won’t play."

Makes sense to me. No square pegs/round holes by Trotz....for now.

David Singleton 12-26-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 29777781)
I'd go with:

Wilson - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Klasen - Goc - Kostitsyn
Tootoo - Smithson - Ward
Belak - Spaling - Dumont

This was the right time to recall Klasen with a top-six spot open. With the play of Goc and SK thus far with Erat, I think that Klasen could step in and succeed.

If Erat is back for Dallas, then there is no other recall needed. If not, then I think you've gotta recall someone to take Belak out. Wade would have likely been in tonight anyways...

Seth, I like those lines pretty well.

Amazing what's happened to this team with the injuries. Literally half of Nashville's opening night top nine are out with Lombardi, Legwand, Sullivan, and Erat's injuries.

I like that Trotz is putting Klasen in the best position to succeed in playing him with our best forward in Kostitsyn and a solid a crafty center in Goc. They have the potential to be a dangerous line. I really like the Wilson, O'Reilly and Hornqvist line too.

It'll be interesting to see what Trotz rolls out on the PP. With Erat and Sullivan out, maybe I'll get to see Hornqvist, Wilson, Kostitsyn, Suter, and Franson/Weber given a shot. I think getting a PP goal tonight will be crucial to getting a win.

I have a question for you Seth. Any clue why Klein doesn't get much in the way of PP time, beyond being the workhorse on the kill? He's certainly better than Bouillon- in any situation. Not that Bouillon is bad, he plays role for this team. That role shouldn't include PP time though.

Seth Lake 12-26-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Singleton (Post 29778228)
I have a question for you Seth. Any clue why Klein doesn't get much in the way of PP time, beyond being the workhorse on the kill? He's certainly better than Bouillon- in any situation. Not that Bouillon is bad, he plays role for this team. That role shouldn't include PP time though.

I think it's the fact that Weber and Franson also play the right side, so Klein just doesn't get much of an opportunity there on the PP.

Klein can play the PK and logs minutes there. Franson can't, so he gets the PP time...

Top 6 Spaling 12-26-2010 01:45 PM

My hopeful lines:

Klasen-Goc-Kostitsyn
Dumont-O'Reilly-Wilson
Tootoo-Spailing-Hornqvist
Ward-Smithson-Belak

Line 1: Klasen and Erat supply scorig punch while Goc contributes somewhat offensively and keeps the line defensively sound. This should be the line that gets the most ice time.

Line 2: O'Reilly had played his way to a demotion, so he goes to line 2. Dumont is old, but can still play some offense, so we pair him with Wilson to get some goals.

Line 3. Tootoo shoots from everywhere. Hornqvist goes to the front of the net. I can see this odd pair fitting together very well. Spailing gives energy and defensive responsibility.

Line 4: Everybody not good enough to be on the top 3 lines. Pretty self explanatory.

FanGirl10 12-26-2010 05:51 PM

Anyone have a link to watch the game? Would be appreciated as I'm snowed in WAY out of range...

Seth Lake 12-26-2010 06:04 PM

Klasen is a healthy scratch. Sullivan and Erat did not take the warmup. Guessing we have a defenseman that's battling an injury and will dress Sulzer as a 7th D tonight?

Odd, odd, odd decision...

JamboPred 12-26-2010 06:06 PM

Klasen scratched tonight, per Josh Cooper

FanGirl10 12-26-2010 06:07 PM

As usual, freak out for no reason. Klausen is in.

Anyone have a link?

Seth Lake 12-26-2010 06:08 PM

Nevermind, Tom Callahan has confirmed that the STL announcer screwed up the announcement...

Sulzer is scratched, Klasen IS in the lineup...

Seth Lake 12-26-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanGirl10 (Post 29783036)
As usual, freak out for no reason. Klausen is in.

Anyone have a link?

Nope, looking myself...I'm in NC right now...

FanGirl10 12-26-2010 06:09 PM

Will keep you posted if I find one...

FanGirl10 12-26-2010 06:24 PM

Scorezone not working.

Fortheloveofthegame 12-26-2010 06:55 PM

Lines:
Dumont- O'Reilly-Hornqvist
Klassen-Goc-Kostytsin
Belak-Smithson-Ward
Wilson-Spaling-Tootoo

0 - 0 End of First

Jonesey 12-26-2010 07:06 PM

Blah. We need to find scoring somewhere.

(retread circa 1998)

Jonesey 12-26-2010 07:07 PM

On a side note, USA v Finland on the NHL network starting now.

JamboPred 12-26-2010 07:07 PM

Link:

http://www.alpha2zulu.net/a2z_channel_2.html

token grinder 12-26-2010 07:10 PM

our bottom 12 forwards need to get it in gear

Roman Yoshi 12-26-2010 07:12 PM

What did wilson do to get in the dog house? Score goals?

Dumont does not deserve to be on the top line. Wilson does not deserve Spaling as a center.

worstfaceoffmanever 12-26-2010 07:32 PM

We look flatter than a Saskatchewan prairie. Rinne keeping us in it.

Fortheloveofthegame 12-26-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 29785055)
What did wilson do to get in the dog house? Score goals?

Dumont does not deserve to be on the top line. Wilson does not deserve Spaling as a center.

Wilson does not deserve Tootoo! Wilson has played great for the past month. He has been incredible for the first two periods tonight! Tootoo has screwed up a few rushes that Spaling and Wilson have created. Your coach makes me shake my head!!!!

Roman Yoshi 12-26-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 29785866)
We look flatter than a Saskatchewan prairie. Rinne keeping us in it.

We are flat :(