HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is it me, or does RDS always jinx stuff? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=857496)

Emanresu Wen 12-27-2010 01:56 AM

Is it me, or does RDS always jinx stuff?
 
Against Carolina, during the 2nd period they showed a stat about the Canes' scoring : they didnt score on even strength for almost 120 mins. Not even a minute later, the Canes score 5 on 5.

During the first or second period tonight, they showed how the Habs didn't lose to the Islanders in regulation since 2007. Right after that, the habs stopped playing.

A month ago or so, with about 45s to go, Price was going for a shutout. Pierre said "et voilà un autre blanchissage pour Carey". As soon as he finished his sentences, the opposing team scored.

anyone got other examples?

Fel 96 12-27-2010 02:00 AM

Of course they do.

I keep saying this in most GDT's.

MasterDecoy 12-27-2010 03:55 AM

yeah, they are usually spectacularly good at ****ing up shutouts

Montreal Typical 12-27-2010 08:56 AM

There is no such thing as a jinx. That's just superstitious ********.

usernam 12-27-2010 09:32 AM

The team has yet to win a cup with Brunet as analyst.

ThaDevilGirl 12-27-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMo316 (Post 29795373)
The team has yet to win a cup with Brunet as analyst.

Well said Momo.

Le Tricolore 12-27-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMo316 (Post 29795373)
The team has yet to win a cup with Brunet as analyst.

As good a reason as any to fire him.

Turtleneck Plek 12-27-2010 01:17 PM

What pisses me off even more is they even acknowledges it sometimes. Pierre will say something like "On sent vraiment que les Islanders veulent marquer un but." Then Benoit catches up to him like "Yo Pierre that ain't cool dawg you be jinxing ****." Or the opposite. Especially true with shutouts.

****in' RDS.

Clumsyhab 12-27-2010 01:49 PM

Please someone tell Houde that it's "OLE OLE OLE" and not "Ohé Ohé Ohé". Can't believe he still doesn't know that when it's on the jumbotron after every Habs win.

phoque taupe 12-27-2010 02:03 PM

well, they didnt win much in a while :p

McNuts 12-27-2010 02:38 PM

Yes, the live broadcast of RDS influences space-time. Do you still believe in the tooth fairy?

CrAzYNiNe 12-27-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 29797866)
Please someone tell Houde that it's "OLE OLE OLE" and not "Ohé Ohé Ohé". Can't believe he still doesn't know that when it's on the jumbotron after every Habs win.

quebecers for some reason think its ouais, i remember at an expos game the father explaining to his kids that its ouais!

Sir Jacques Demers 12-30-2010 06:07 PM

Given how Pierre & Benoit have to make some random comment every 6 minutes, regarding the last 6 minutes of play, as if each segment is a major shift in momentum, it's impossible for them not to say stuff that gets contradicted and/or make lucky predictions.

Many a times I've heard "Le Canadien est soundainement nerveux" referencing maybe 4-5 shifts. They really need to stop microanalysing the game, it's their worst problem.

Masao 12-30-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sen Jacques Demers (Post 29866349)
Given how Pierre & Benoit have to make some random comment every 6 minutes, regarding the last 6 minutes of play, as if each segment is a major shift in momentum, it's impossible for them not to say stuff that gets contradicted and/or make lucky predictions.

Many a times I've heard "Le Canadien est soundainement nerveux" referencing maybe 4-5 shifts. They really need to stop microanalysing the game, it's their worst problem.

Bah, could be worse. During the 2002 olympics Michel Bergeron spent like 30 minutes talking about repainting his house with his wife and his trouble with the ladder or something

phoque taupe 12-30-2010 07:59 PM

at least he didnt talk about dale hunter

MayorFord 12-30-2010 08:42 PM

i especially hate it when they give stats such as "team X hasnt lost a game when they are leading after 2 periods" of course we never come back in those games. i mute my TV when i know he`s about to open his loud mouth


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.