HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Speculation: Via Murph's Twitter - Should Gleason be suspended for high hit on Perrault? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=857540)

AK37 12-27-2010 09:06 AM

Via Murph's Twitter - Should Gleason be suspended for high hit on Perrault?
 
Tim Gleason landed a high hit to the face of Mathieu Perreault from the Capitals. Is this a dirty hit? Do you think Gleason will face disciplinary action from the league?

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74


My Opinion - I think it's a fairly clean hit, just unfortunate that their bodies lined up the way they did. I don't think Gleason came in high.

Thoughts?

ODAAT 12-27-2010 09:09 AM

clean hit to me, the kid was facing the play, has to protect himself, it wasn`t like Gleason left his feet or anything. Not sure what NHL head office would want Gleason to do there other than to hit him the way he did??? Unfortunate result but...keep your head up kid, classic case of looking at his skate size to me.

fighterfoo 12-27-2010 09:14 AM

that's not an intentional hit to the head. gleason led with the shoulder and didn't leave his feet. perrault turned his face into his shoulder. unfortunate, but not gleason's fault.

MoxieBear* 12-27-2010 09:16 AM

Looks clean to me, Perreualt did it to himself trying to avoid contact.At first blush the follow through from Gleasons elbow made it look bad but watching it again only his shoulder made contact.

Dennis Bonvie 12-27-2010 09:16 AM

Looked like Perreault got hit with his own stick. Not sure Gleason even made contact with his head. No suspension.

Bruinsfan_37 12-27-2010 09:18 AM

Gleason went in with his shoulder, doubt he gets suspended. Hope Perrault his alright

MoxieBear* 12-27-2010 09:18 AM

Gleasons lucky Semin didn't slap him silly for that.

Dennis Bonvie 12-27-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxieBear (Post 29795301)
Gleasons lucky Semin didn't slap him silly for that.

Semin's goon days are over.

He's under strict orders to no longer drop the glove, for the benefit of the game iteslf.

ODAAT 12-27-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie (Post 29795350)
Semin's goon days are over.

He's under strict orders to no longer drop the glove, for the benefit of the game iteslf.

You mean mittens, men wear gloves, ladies wear mittens, hate to correct you DB;)

stungun 12-27-2010 09:36 AM

thats a clean hit

duckchobbins 12-27-2010 09:50 AM

That's just some rough luck for Perrault right there. Clean hit from a much bigger guy. Looks like if Perrault actually kept his head down he might have been in a better position. Happens so fast, there's no way Gleason was holding up here.

The Special K 12-27-2010 09:50 AM

it may be clean...but the new rules say that a shoulder to the head is grounds for suspension.
I think he get a few games....maybe 1 or two.

Central Scrutinizer 12-27-2010 10:04 AM

Borderline clean. He seems to have left his feet and raised his shoulder towards Perraults head. What i think did most of the damage was Perraults stick which he seemed to have broken with his face.

I love the bone crushing hits,but i do think that the hitter should take into condideration a player who is in a vulnerable position. Cookes hit was deemed legal last season but he didnt have to aim for Savards head.He could have still drilled Savard by targeting the shoulder...Samething here,Gleason could have crushed Perrault going shoulder to body.

Boston Bruno 12-27-2010 10:06 AM

Ref should be fined for tossing Gleason out of the game.

Baddkarma 12-27-2010 10:15 AM

Good hit from Gleason and a good response from Washington.

GloryDaze4877 12-27-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie (Post 29795286)
Looked like Perreault got hit with his own stick. Not sure Gleason even made contact with his head. No suspension.

This is what I thought happened as well? Looks like Gleason led with the shoulder, missed MP almost entirely, but the stick got caught up and snapped and it looked like MP might have clipped himself with the top of the shaft.

I don't like responses to clean hit (ala Simmonds on Stuart last year), but don't blame Hendricks in this case. At game speed, that would have looked like a dirty hit.

Speaking of Simmonds, when is this d******g going to lose the visor? (Kane as well). I have not looked it up, but every time I turn around, he's in a fight, visor intact. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there should be an extra penalty (at the minimum) for players who fight with visors on (not just when they instigate the fight, as is currently the rule).

IrishPaulie 12-27-2010 10:32 AM

Hit look good to me. The play happened so fast, he led with his shoulder and didn't leave his feet. Good hit just bad luck for Perrault.

I hope he doesn't get suspended for that.

IrishPaulie 12-27-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 (Post 29795728)
This is what I thought happened as well? Looks like Gleason led with the shoulder, missed MP almost entirely, but the stick got caught up and snapped and it looked like MP might have clipped himself with the top of the shaft.

I don't like responses to clean hit (ala Simmonds on Stuart last year), but don't blame Hendricks in this case. At game speed, that would have looked like a dirty hit.

Speaking of Simmonds, when is this d******g going to lose the visor? (Kane as well). I have not looked it up, but every time I turn around, he's in a fight, visor intact. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there should be an extra penalty (at the minimum) for players who fight with visors on (not just when they instigate the fight, as is currently the rule).

Agreed. I hate when people who drop the gloves wear visors.

GloryDaze4877 12-27-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 29795777)
Agreed. I hate when people who drop the gloves wear visors.

Actually, I have to give Simmond some props, he removed his helmet about 2/3 of the way through the fight (he had ripped Perry's off immediately). I only saw the highlights last night, and they did not show that. Maybe he got a lot of sh** about the incident with Stu last seasons, who knows?

GloryDaze4877 12-27-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 29795777)
Agreed. I hate when people who drop the gloves wear visors.

I brought this up the other day in the B's-ATL GDT on their board, and got a rash of **** about it. Then when I tried to explain my position (even said I thought B's guys should lose the visors or not fight), the guy I was debating with played the "thanks for educating the dumb Southern hockey fan" card, and the thread was closed. :(

IrishPaulie 12-27-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 (Post 29795907)
I brought this up the other day in the B's-ATL GDT on their board, and got a rash of **** about it. Then when I tried to explain my position (even said I thought B's guys should lose the visors or not fight), the guy I was debating with played the "thanks for educating the dumb Southern hockey fan" card, and the thread was closed. :(

You know you've won when they have to resort to using the "Dumb Southern Hockey Fan" card.

Either way. You have a point. But it's a double edged sword. I'd hate to have someone with a visor take off their helmet and slam their head on the ice. I'd also hate to have to watch Sugar Shawn break his knuckles trying to connect with a face but instead finding nothing but polycarbonate.

I still can't stand watching someone with a visor fight but what ya gonna do? :dunno:

C77 12-27-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 29795992)
You know you've won when they have to resort to using the "Dumb Southern Hockey Fan" card.

Either way. You have a point. But it's a double edged sword. I'd hate to have someone with a visor take off their helmet and slam their head on the ice. I'd also hate to have to watch Sugar Shawn break his knuckles trying to connect with a face but instead finding nothing but polycarbonate.

I still can't stand watching someone with a visor fight but what ya gonna do? :dunno:

I don't think it was a coincidence that when the Ference/Lucic thing happened all the Bruins players on the ice were Canadian and none of them had visors on.

In this regard I agree 100% with Don Cherry. If a player is wearing a visor, then his priority is protection. He shouldn't fight without removing his helmet.

Nowadays the puck is flying around at eye level far more frequently than in years past. There isn't that much of an incentive to keep the puck low.

EverettMike 12-27-2010 11:22 AM

I think I have been as vocal as anyone about head hits, but that looked clean to me. Not only did he come at him straight on, he didn't leave his feet. Nout sure what he could have done different.

It is a brutal game, keep your head up if you want to keep it.

ronwm 12-27-2010 12:32 PM

Photo links to PuckDaddy article that the photo is from....

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...WmaTEDYHMkaGy.

Rookie Chargers 12-27-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie (Post 29795286)
Looked like Perreault got hit with his own stick. Not sure Gleason even made contact with his head. No suspension.

It looks to me like it's Perreault's stick that does the damage. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.