HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PGT: If only Price could score goals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=858113)

JayBee* 12-28-2010 09:28 PM

If only Price could score goals

Pathetic effort.

JackZap 12-28-2010 09:29 PM

Pyatt was pretty good tonight

PyrettaBlaze 12-28-2010 09:29 PM

Maliki2 12-28-2010 09:30 PM

This team is turning into the same exact thing we were told by all the experts at the beginning of the season. They are garbage from top to bottom. And can we please stop saying the team is better with PK now?!? it obviously doesn't matter who is playing.

Seb 12-28-2010 09:30 PM

I miss Markov

Beaker 12-28-2010 09:30 PM

Hey guys, did Lapierre/Moen/Pyatt/Darche/Plekanec/*insert everyones name here* even play tonight?

Pandemic 12-28-2010 09:30 PM

I agree our defense hasn't been very good, but how can you continually **** only on them, when we just got shutout? Our forwards were lousy. No one tried beside Plekanec, he's the only guy showing any effort out there. The Pouliot-Eller-Darche line showed some interest in the 3rd, but that's about it.

Quarantesix 12-28-2010 09:31 PM

they need to wins the 2 games in Florida.

and stop the stupid penalties please

Flambergius 12-28-2010 09:32 PM

Not the worst game of the season, but with the Isles game this is undoubtedly the worst pair of games so far. Let's just hope for at least one win from the two games left in the road trip.

Quarantesix 12-28-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandemic (Post 29828204)
I agree our defense hasn't been very good, but how can you continually **** only on them, when we just got shutout? Our forwards were lousy. No one tried beside Plekanec, he's the only guy showing any effort out there. The Pouliot-Eller-Darche line showed some interest in the 3rd, but that's about it.

Plek defensive game is great as usual but his offense is far from good right now, he's at his best when he's creative

The n00b King 12-28-2010 09:32 PM

You guys can blame effort and what not (which was there).

But two things sunk the habs:

1) Penalties (every game it seems we take at least 5)

2) NOT HITTING THE ****ING NET

Seriously. If the habs start hitting the net...things will happen. Just an example tonight, when they DID shoot at the net, Varlamov gave rebounds. If half the shots they took tonight hit the net, i think we would of had a game.

This is what they need to work on.

Discipline and Accuracy.

mtl_felix 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

I'd call up Desharnais and just try him. What do we have to lose?

The Kremelin Wall* 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

Oh well, at least Price was solid.

Nidema 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

The whole team was pretty invisible tonight.

First goal clearly killed momentum because we were decent before that.

Price played well enough in the 2nd and 3rd to give us a chance but we still need him to be perfect.

MathMan 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

The most frustrating thing about a percentages slump like this one is the panicked nonsense that gets written all over the place. Of course, when you keep losing by three it's easy to get fooled into thinking your team is playing a lot worse than it actually is, as the score colors every perception of the game.

It is, of course, a load of crap. Folks, this is nothing like the previous slumps they had back when they were actually bad, and would genuinely get pasted in all areas of the game. This time, they've outplayed teams more often than not and haven't been winning. They'll come out of this just like Washington came out of their own streak of bad luck. And they'll get to winning again... playing pretty much like they are now.

And I'm looking forward to the nonsense that will get written then to explain it. ;)

Fel 96 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

I think JM will put Price next game and Auld on Friday afternoon/night.

JayBee* 12-28-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandemic (Post 29828204)

D wasn't that bad tonight. The problem is we have such troubles scoring that any mistake the D makes gets blown up because odds are we won't be able to recover from it.

Again, even if Price plays shutout hockey, this team would still find a way to lose games.

I'm just glad some of you are finally starting to see what I've seen all along.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-28-2010 09:36 PM

i think the team needs to practice hitting the net

decent effort, but lack of size + skill upfront is sinking the team

JayBee* 12-28-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 29828308)
The most frustrating thing about a percentages slump like this one is the panicked nonsense that gets written all over the place. Of course, when you keep losing by three it's easy to get fooled into thinking your team is playing a lot worse than it actually is, as the score colors every perception of the game.

It is, of course, a load of crap. Folks, this is nothing like the previous slumps they had back when they were actually bad, and would genuinely get pasted in all areas of the game. This time, they've outplayed teams more often than not and haven't been winning. They'll come out of this just like Washington came out of their own streak of bad luck. And they'll get to winning again... playing pretty much like they are now.

And I'm looking forward to the nonsense that will get written then to explain it. ;)

This is not a slump though. They're playing the exact same way now as they have before. The only difference is Price isn't standing on his head. I think he played a great game tonight too.

We are what we are

Love what Tremblay is saying. The team plays perimeter hockey. You can't win in this league like that. Players don't stand in front of the net...players don't go in the areas where you pay the price.

Quarantesix 12-28-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBee (Post 29828328)
D wasn't that bad tonight. The problem is we have such troubles scoring that any mistake the D makes gets blown up because odds are we won't be able to recover from it.

Again, even if Price plays shutout hockey, this team would still find a way to lose games.

I'm just glad some of you are finally starting to see what I've seen all along.

I respect your opinion but it's easy to say when the team is in his worst slump. They will bounce back they can play better than that

Magnum Crackoff 12-28-2010 09:36 PM

Just wanted to say the true score of this game was 4-0. Was very disinterested by this game after the first period. I'm not a diehard fan but a casual one and this game was very sloppy. Habs suck right now. As a bipolar fan, I'll get back to love them in a while.

YMCMBeaulieu 12-28-2010 09:37 PM

To be honest I thought we weren't bad defensively tonight, Hamrlik and Spacek weren't spectacular but were solid and aside from the second goal Subban played pretty decent IMO.

Offensively we were an absolute joke, no creativity, everything on the perimeter and so many missed nets. Was happy with Eller tonight as I thought he looked very good offensively in the 2nd and 3rd and had a few good scoring chances.

Et le But 12-28-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 29828286)
Plek defensive game is great as usual but his offense is far from good right now, he's at his best when he's creative

You can't fault Plek on either end, but he's no sniper and there's nobody reliable enough for him to create scoring opportunities for. He's not playing near his best but he's the only forward who is not disgusting me right now.

habsfanwpg27* 12-28-2010 09:39 PM

what time does the game start?

Turboflex* 12-28-2010 09:39 PM

Habs should just be tossing more low, accurate wristers on net, looking for rebounds, screens and deflections.

Too many guys taking big slapshots and missing net, having them blocked, or setting up mediocre 1 timer passes that are intercepted or bad angle misses.