HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2 more games for Shelley (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=858456)

GKJ 12-29-2010 03:29 PM

2 more games for Shelley
 
RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: PHI announces a two-game suspension from the NHL for Jody Shelley, for sucker bomb last night on VAN's Andrew Alberts.

zbryne 12-29-2010 03:31 PM

Suprisseeeeeeee!

Jester 12-29-2010 03:36 PM

So glad we have him for 3 years.

MiD 12-29-2010 03:37 PM

bs call by NHL, but I'm happy... but but but what about suspension chart?? they don't know that he is Super Star??

Beef Invictus 12-29-2010 03:46 PM

that's about 120 games too few

Jester 12-29-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiD (Post 29843260)
bs call by NHL, but I'm happy... but but but what about suspension chart?? they don't know that he is Super Star??

It's legit... can't let guys do that. Especially in Shelley's case, because I'm pretty sure he had a previous suspension for a sucker punch.

Dig Out Your Soul 12-29-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 29843252)
So glad we have him for 3 years.

The coach needs to take control and park his ass for the duration of the season. What the **** was he doing out there last night instead of Carcillo? Who was Shelley going to fight? Kesler? Burrows? Give me a break.

He adds nothing of value to this club. He's simply a giant steaming turd out there. Only Paul Holmgren couldn't see this happening...amazing.

RIPRichardsCarter 12-29-2010 03:53 PM

Why can it not be more!?

MiD 12-29-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 29843512)
It's legit... can't let guys do that. Especially in Shelley's case, because I'm pretty sure he had a previous suspension for a sucker punch.

I really don't have problem with suspension, more would be better... bs because of last week Lucic thing, I'm know that Shelley is no angel and that was his first game after suspenion... what was the point in dressing him against Canucks, they don't have anyone close to enforcer...

PhillyFan4Ever 12-29-2010 04:10 PM

sorry but if you take away the participants this is a trash call. they call for the ending of staged fights so now you have to wait until someone agrees and drops his gloves to take a punch. this is just another step into making the game into 82 all star games. you need to be prepared at all times.

JLHockeyKnight 12-29-2010 04:17 PM

Is there video of this? At work now...

MiD 12-29-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 29844061)
Is there video of this? At work now...


MsWoof 12-29-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiD (Post 29844203)

Okay, I wanted him to get a 50 game suspension but how is that even suspension worthy? Everyone pushes and punches in a scrum! And in light of the fact that Lucic did something very similar and was only fined in spite of the fact that he, too is a repeat offender makes me call ********.

However, I'm a fan of any reason to get him out of the lineup.

LEIFey 12-29-2010 05:05 PM

A few games too few:)

keslehr* 12-29-2010 05:07 PM

Why does Shelley get time in the lineup at all, over Carcillo? It's mind-boggling.

Carcillo is by FAR the more effective hockey player and fills the same role Shelley does (fighting) although not as well, seeing as how his fighting ability is the only reason he draws an NHL paycheque.

That sucker punch was dirty. AA was completely unsuspecting and Shelley flattened with a hammer. ***** move.

Carcillo - Betts - Powe is sooo much better than Shelley - Betts - Powe.

MiamiScreamingEagles 12-29-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 29844988)
Why does Shelley get time in the lineup at all, over Carcillo? It's mind-boggling.

Carcillo is by FAR the more effective hockey player and fills the same role Shelley does (fighting) although not as well, seeing as how his fighting ability is the only reason he draws an NHL paycheque.

That sucker punch was dirty. AA was completely unsuspecting and Shelley flattened with a hammer. ***** move.

Carcillo - Betts - Powe is sooo much better than Shelley - Betts - Powe.

Shelley was scratched in two games following his prior suspension, including the loss to the Panthers before the break. If the Flyers won that game or had a more competitive edge in their play, my guess is Laviolette would have kept the same lineup for the Vancouver game.

Garbage Goal 12-29-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 29843252)
So glad we have him for 3 years.

Riley Cote 2.0...except that he costs twice as much.

Seriously though, once I knew Cote was gone I was exuberant because thought that there would be no more useless goons taking up a spot...but then Shelley appeared.

JCameron418 12-29-2010 05:39 PM

Suspending Shelly is just making the Flyers a better team

JLHockeyKnight 12-29-2010 05:45 PM

How is that suspension worthy? The two games are based on reputation. Any player who never previously was noted for such acts would have walked away with something like a $10000 fine.

sa cyred 12-29-2010 05:52 PM

Waiting for the 3 Shelly fans to come in and say how him hitting Alberts in the face was a positive thing, and somehow protected Richards, Giroux and Briere from getting cheap shotted (aka bull **** )

JCameron418 12-29-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 29845765)
Waiting for the 3 Shelly fans to come in and say how him hitting Alberts in the face was a positive thing, and somehow protected Richards, Giroux and Briere from getting cheap shotted (aka bull **** )

Alberts was talking smack on Briere's mullet so Shelly came to the rescue.

Flyerfan808 12-29-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCannon18 (Post 29845816)
Alberts was talking smack on Briere's mullet so Shelly came to the rescue.

Best "fight" shelley has had all year. I stand behind Shelley 100% on this one. A message needed to be sent, we can't have players running around taking liberties with Briere's mullet. Not at any cost.

BringBackStevens 12-29-2010 06:30 PM

Shelley is just insanely dumb. We're lucky his stupidity hasn't cost us a game yet

CptCannon 12-29-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 29845364)
Riley Cote 2.0...except that he costs twice as much.

Seriously though, once I knew Cote was gone I was exuberant because thought that there would be no more useless goons taking up a spot...but then Shelley appeared.

Shelley will announce retirement during the off-season and joins the Phantoms coaching staff.

Riley as the head coach and Jody as the assistant, holy ffffffffuuu! :nod:

flyersfan187 12-29-2010 06:56 PM

After hearing the Canuck announcers saying that the whole Canuck bench were talking crap on Shelley all game long I sorta was just waiting for him to flip. And when he did flip he just started swinging at any Canuck he could find :laugh:

I'm more disappointed in not seeing a Richards/Bieksa fight again this year! It seems that they fight every season. Carcillo needs to play like a man possessed the next couple of games to keep his spot in the line up though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.