HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=858526)

Jackets Woodchuck 12-28-2010 10:05 AM

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)
 
looking for 2 or 3 tickets cheap for New Year's Eve

EDIT: only looking for upper level seats (reeeaaallly tight budget for this one).

BJFan1 12-28-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck (Post 29813328)
looking for 2 or 3 tickets cheap for New Year's Eve

I have 4 for New Year's I can't use. I'll send you a PM.

mossylog 12-28-2010 04:49 PM

I could use 2 tix for nye game, pm me if you have any, thanks

JrussJacket 12-29-2010 12:32 PM

I am also looking for 2 cheap tickets to new years eve game. Please pm me!!!!!!

BJFan1 12-29-2010 12:35 PM

I have 4 tickets for New Year's Eve available. I got them back during the pre-season sale expecting to be able to go and it turns out that we won't be able to.

They are in section 101, I think row X (but not sure, I'm at work and don't have them here), but I know that they are seats 1-4, on the 122 side. I am willing to split them up.

Since game is Friday, I would be able to meet tonight, tomorrow, or Friday during the day.

Face value is $79 a piece, I will be losing $$$ on these, and I'm ok with that. Send me a PM with offer and contact info.

I can do cash, paypal, or even willing to trade for tickets to the Bruins game at Nationwide in March.

I'll respond in order received.

IndyDave 12-29-2010 04:18 PM

My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.

pete goegan 12-29-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyDave (Post 29845194)
My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.

If you and your son like Asian food, you might try Kooma or Typhoon.

SuperGenius 12-29-2010 05:32 PM

Does anyone know if the Blue Line manages the game worn stuff or if that's done by the team itself? Curious if an NHL/Blue Line gift card can be used...

Derby 12-29-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten (Post 29846439)
Does anyone know if the Blue Line manages the game worn stuff or if that's done by the team itself? Curious if an NHL/Blue Line gift card can be used...

Last year I used a Blue line gift card at the game worn stand. They had to run it through the Blue Line, but a manager came over and it was no problem. They do not give STH the discount on game worn stuff, though.

1857 Howitzer 12-29-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derby (Post 29846670)
Last year I used a Blue line gift card at the game worn stand. They had to run it through the Blue Line, but a manager came over and it was no problem. They do not give STH the discount on game worn stuff, though.

Also tax is not included in the list price like it is in the Blue Line.

SuperGenius 12-29-2010 05:50 PM

thanks. I'll give it a shot!

kirsi 12-29-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer (Post 29846723)
Also tax is not included in the list price like it is in the Blue Line.

i dont think the items are taxed when you buy them from game worn?

yeah the game worn stand (and all other little hat stands and such) throughout the arena are the same thing as the blue line but generally you can only use gift cards in the main store :) what are you thinking about getting? the training camp jerseys are pretty cool.

1857 Howitzer 12-29-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirsi (Post 29848936)
i dont think the items are taxed when you buy them from game worn?

yeah the game worn stand (and all other little hat stands and such) throughout the arena are the same thing as the blue line but generally you can only use gift cards in the main store :) what are you thinking about getting? the training camp jerseys are pretty cool.

At the last game I picked up a price list and on the bottom it states that the price does not include tax. Maybe the price tag on the item includes tax?

SuperGenius 12-29-2010 08:09 PM

FWIW, I bought the Voracek white training camp sweater and it was the cost on the sheet.

If I can't do it, I can't do it, but was curious to know about any past success...hopefully I can, because every little bit helps :^)

1857 Howitzer 12-29-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten (Post 29850117)
FWIW, I bought the Voracek white training camp sweater and it was the cost on the sheet.

If I can't do it, I can't do it, but was curious to know about any past success...hopefully I can, because every little bit helps :^)

Don't know, maybe they just changed it. I have the list right hear and it states Tax not included, no refunds or exchanges on any game worn or game used merchandise.

But I do think you will be ok with the gift card.

I have been thinking of picking up a training camp jersey just not sure what one to get. Maybe a Johanson before he become a star.

SuperGenius 12-29-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer (Post 29851886)
Don't know, maybe they just changed it. I have the list right hear and it states Tax not included, no refunds or exchanges on any game worn or game used merchandise.

But I do think you will be ok with the gift card.

I have been thinking of picking up a training camp jersey just not sure what one to get. Maybe a Johanson before he become a star.

I'd encourage it. They dropped the prices a little on them since I got the Voracek. I like the fit and feel of the authentic material. So much so that I'm anxious to get an authentic one on Friday. Considering what it costs for a customized authentic, the game worn's really aren't much more and in many cases, are actually less if you can forgive a few dings.

regarding the tax, who knows. maybe the guy gave me a bit of a break or whatever. I don't know. They've got kind of a lot of stuff, so they're probably happy to sell any of it.


-John

BJFan1 12-30-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyDave (Post 29845194)
My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.

Could probably get into Ted's (bison burgers) or BD's (stir-fry buffet) fairly easy (they are right across the street from the Arena. Or if you like Italian, you could try Buca Di Peppa.

BJFan1 12-30-2010 07:31 AM

I still have 4 tickets for New Year's Eve available. Section 101, Row W, Seats 1-4

Face value is $79 a piece, send me a PM with offer and contact info.

I can do cash, paypal, or even willing to trade for tickets to the Bruins game at Nationwide in March.

I'll respond in order received.


*** Edit ***

Pending sale.

BJFan1 12-30-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan1 (Post 29857776)
4 tickets for New Year's Eve available.

Tickets sold.

jktsfan* 12-30-2010 06:48 PM

Enjoy the game

jktsfan* 12-31-2010 07:10 AM

Let's Go Jackets

Dr. Fire 12-31-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyDave (Post 29845194)
My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.

Get down there as early as you can. I mean like around 1600, if you can. A few places that you don't need reservations are:

Bar Louie (one of my favorite places)
Brothers
Max and Erma's
343 front Street sports bar
Buca De Bepo
Flat Iron's (near Fire Station #1)
Rbar (earlier if possible)
North Market
Barley's
Boston's (earlier the better).
Chipotle
Cotter's
Sunny Street Cafe
W.G. Grinders
B.D.'s
There is also a Mexican restaurant across the street from Bar Louie.
Michael O'Toole's. You can usually get in there. Reason is that the food is not worth the price's. Only go there as a last resort.

Those aren't the only places, but since it is New Years Eve, the key is getting down there early. A lot of people will be going down there to eat that don't normally do that since it is for a special occasion.

Buca does not reserve all of it's tables and saves some for walk up's, but you still need to get there early if you don't want to wait forever. Places like Ted's and Boston's will be full by 1630 or 1645. Most games they are full by 1715, so it will be earlier tonight.

Good luck, hope this helped.

squarelaces 12-31-2010 08:14 AM

2 tix sec. 223 row A seats7&8 $37 face will take $40 for the pair.PM me

Tickets sold

HeyYoNick8 01-04-2011 02:53 PM

Anything to do in columbus
 
I'll be in Columbus for a couple weeks as of monday, is there anything to do besides go to jackets games? I plan on going on the 14th. What else is there to do in or around the city? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

pete goegan 01-04-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyYoNick8 (Post 29971866)
I'll be in Columbus for a couple weeks as of monday, is there anything to do besides go to jackets games? I plan on going on the 14th. What else is there to do in or around the city? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

You'll find plenty of useful info here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=858526

Enjoy your visit.



Well, after the mods moved your question, my answer sounds pretty silly, no? In fact, since it's a new version of the thread, it's fairly useless, too! Sorry.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.