HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Reebok - Duchene and Hedman curves (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=858659)

vaya 12-29-2010 11:53 PM

Reebok - Duchene and Hedman curves

I haven't had a chance to check them out in person, but I'm having trouble deciding between these curves. I use a Bauer Lindros/Kane P88 stick but might pick up a Reebok 6k as a backup. The Reebok site claims that the Hedman stick (mid curve) is comparable to a Kane while the Duchene (mid-heel) is comparable to a Malkin (PM9). However I always felt that the Kane is more of a mid-heel, despite Bauer's label of a mid, and I'm not sure I want a square toe.

Has anybody seen the curves and could comment on them? What about the curve depth and length, which are very important but not listed anywhere on Reebok's site? I like a deeper curve but shorter blade.

And lastly, any comments on the Reebok 6k (Sickick III)? Thanks!

MIK 01-01-2011 11:31 AM

I used to have a bauer PM9 curve, but recently switched to the duchene curve on a rbk 6k. The curves are pretty much identical.

It is very different from the P88 though, more heel curve forsure and a less deep pocket on duchene (not to mention the different lies of course). The best thing you can do is go to a store and look at both the rbks. I was having the same debate as you between these two sticks, but after seeing them in store i had no problem taking duchene over hedman... not to mention like you said a sqaure toe, yuck.

pass the bisk 01-01-2011 03:24 PM

The Hedman curve is almost the same as the Kane curve but with a five lie.

The Duchene curve is exactly the same as the Zetterberg or Malkin

ShawnTHW 01-01-2011 06:07 PM

I think Duchene/Zetterberg/Malkin curve is the best curve for hockey players.

Jimmy Carter 01-04-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 29907289)

What curve do you suggest for non-hockey players? :sarcasm:

vaya 01-05-2011 08:41 PM

thanks for the help guys, i think i might stick with the hedman then but i'll drop by my LHS on monday and compare the curves. the kane curve is apparently a 6 but looks like a 5 lie as well (definitely smaller than the p92) so i should be good with the hedman.

Puckstop40 01-06-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 29907289)

I think it's the best all around. My s19 is a Zetterberg. The p88 is amazing for me and I think the best offensive player's stick. I have never stick handed better or gotten such a quick snap shot. I'm top 15 in my league this year in scoring:D

As for the RBK the Hedman or the p30 is the closest to the Kane.