HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: Any interest in Robyn Regehr? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=858677)

HarrySPlinkett 12-30-2010 02:00 AM

Any interest in Robyn Regehr?

Hi all, Flames fan here. I've been on the 'blow it up' bandwagon for 8 months or so now, and it finally looks like we're gonna get somewhere with it. So with that in mind, would the Flyers look at acquiring Robyn Regehr? Pair him with Pronger or on the 2nd defense pair with Timmonen, and you've either got one devastating defense tandem that will physically destroy any top forward in the league, or you've got two elite shutdown pairs.

Regehr has one more year on his contract at I believe 4.5M, and is currently 32. Rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated; since being paired with J-Bo, the Flames defense has been greatly improved. He's not the best skater ever, but he's no Adrian 'The Tortoise' Aucoin. He is excellent positionally, and still lays out the big hit at opportune times.

As a Flame fan, I'd hope to get JvR + picks/prospects + Salary dump (O'Donnell+ for instance) or at least start with JvR and build from there.

Would the Flyers be interested in doing this or something similar?

sa cyred 12-30-2010 02:02 AM

Naw, none whatsoever. We already have arguably the best defense in the league (who can say they have a better third pairing then Meszaros-O'Donnell?), and trading JVR and anyone for that matter for him would be pointless.

Mr Oysterhead 12-30-2010 02:04 AM

I'm no good at concocting trade proposals, but I'd sure love to have Regehr on our blue line. Any interest in taking Carle back as part of the deal?

Chicken Chaser 12-30-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrime (Post 29856058)
As a Flame fan, I'd hope to get JvR + picks/prospects + Salary dump (O'Donnell+ for instance) or at least start with JvR and build from there.

:shakehead

King Forsberg 12-30-2010 02:05 AM

I'd give you Matt Carle and Dan Carcillo

HarrySPlinkett 12-30-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 29856083)
I'm no good at concocting trade proposals, but I'd sure love to have Regehr on our blue line. Any interest in taking Carle back as part of the deal?

If he was offered as part of the package, I'm sure Feaster would jump at it.

HarrySPlinkett 12-30-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timonen (Post 29856090)

Throw in JvR and a 2nd and it's a deal. We'll even throw in Glencross.

FlyerEra2010 12-30-2010 02:16 AM

Can't have JvR, but just because we like you, we're willing to throw in Jody Shelley. It's your lucky day, bro.

HarrySPlinkett 12-30-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerEra2010 (Post 29856196)
Can't have JvR, but just because we like you, we're willing to throw in Jody Shelley. It's your lucky day, bro.

Loved Jody as a Moosehead. Wouldn't take him on an NHL roster at any point since then.

Andrew Knoll 12-30-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Hi all, Flames fan here. I've been on the 'blow it up' bandwagon for 8 months or so now, and it finally looks like we're gonna get somewhere with it. So with that in mind, would the Flyers look at acquiring Robyn Regehr? Pair him with Pronger or on the 2nd defense pair with Timmonen, and you've either got one devastating defense tandem that will physically destroy any top forward in the league, or you've got two elite shutdown pairs.

Regehr has one more year on his contract at I believe 4.5M, and is currently 32. Rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated; since being paired with J-Bo, the Flames defense has been greatly improved. He's not the best skater ever, but he's no Adrian 'The Tortoise' Aucoin. He is excellent positionally, and still lays out the big hit at opportune times.

Wait, so we are to trade a former second overall pick, a solid third pairing guy who is reasonably priced, have to walk on eggshells with the cap AND give picks? Is that you, Darryl??? I thought you were fired.

I like Regehr, always have. I'd love to have him for one third the price after next season. Otherwise I think the Flyers can live without him.

The price you're asking for is positively exorbitant. Try a pair of seconds at most.

This is not quite there with the Leafs laugher from the Summer, but it's close enough.

Andrew Knoll 12-30-2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timonen (Post 29856090)

under certain circumstances, OK, as it is i think carle fits the system better and further he is considerably younger than regehr.

HarrySPlinkett 12-30-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein (Post 29856442)
Wait, so we are to trade a former second overall pick, a solid third pairing guy who is reasonably priced, have to walk on eggshells with the cap AND give picks? Is that you, Darryl??? I thought you were fired.

I like Regehr, always have. I'd love to have him for one third the price after next season. Otherwise I think the Flyers can live without him.

The price you're asking for is positively exorbitant. Try a pair of seconds at most.

This is not quite there with the Leafs laugher from the Summer, but it's close enough.

So in exchange for a guy who would combine with Pronger to give Crosby and Malkin night terrors, you won't give up a guy who's scoring at less than 0.5 PPG? Just because he was a former 2nd overall pick? I'd say the addition of Regehr has a far greater impact on the Flyers' fortunes than the loss of JvR.

But I guess you all would know better than me. So counter-propose with something more realistic than 2 2nd rounders. A first, a third, and a salary dump, I don't know.

Slowbro 12-30-2010 03:33 AM

jvr? LOL

Slowbro 12-30-2010 03:34 AM

the kind of packages you are throwing around in this thread are worthy of a j-bo deal, not a Robyn Regehr.

Slowbro 12-30-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrime (Post 29856579)
So in exchange for a guy who would combine with Pronger to give Crosby and Malkin night terrors, you won't give up a guy who's scoring at less than 0.5 PPG? Just because he was a former 2nd overall pick? I'd say the addition of Regehr has a far greater impact on the Flyers' fortunes than the loss of JvR.

But I guess you all would know better than me. So counter-propose with something more realistic than 2 2nd rounders. A first, a third, and a salary dump, I don't know.

why is an aging defender worth a first?

dookie88 12-30-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrime (Post 29856579)

Matt Carle fits Pronger pretty nicely, I doubt Regehr would (think: footspeed).
And the guy who scores less than 0.5PPG is 20 years of age. Might have something to do with it.

Why would you even want O'Donnell in return?
I'd offer exactly nothing right now, Pronger and Timonen are better than Regehr. Coburn helps the Flyers more in the long run, same for Carle plus he's very good with Pronger. Meszaros imo is our next #1.

Qubax 12-30-2010 04:18 AM

FWIW Regehr is 30 years old, not 32

Rick Deckard 12-30-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Regehr is 30, signed until 2013 with a $4.020.000 Caphit an has a No-Movement-Clause. I don't think that JvR is available, he is the only cheap top nine forward the Flyers have. It may be possible to make a deal including Coburn and Carcillo/Zherdev.

OriginJM 12-30-2010 04:37 AM

JVR?

...lol

How about Jody Shelley, Matt Walker and Michael Leighton for Regehr?

Should sound ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY REASONABLE to Flyer's Fans everyone of course.

Spongolium* 12-30-2010 06:22 AM

what an awful proposal

CS 12-30-2010 08:12 AM

Attention Flames fans:

Nothing you have that we can acquire or have any interest in will get you JVR.

I'd do Carle + Walker + 2nd/3rd for Regehr, but I think that might be the max I go. Not exactly the package a rebuilding team is looking for.

Pronger - Meszaros
Timonen - Coburn
Regehr - O'Donnell

Makes me happy.

CS 12-30-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrime (Post 29856130)

You do realize that JVR is by far the most valuable piece from either side on that deal?

You don't just toss him in.

2fast4u2* 12-30-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrime (Post 29856130)

Let me get this straight,JVR,Carcillo,carle and a 2nd for Regehr? omfg you must be high...i would have to think that that package should get us Kipper let alone an overpaid defenseman like regehr

LEIFey 12-30-2010 08:49 AM

I like Regehr a lot, but if that's the price, the Flyers can't afford it. The Flyers already have one of the top defenses in the league. Why would they need to add to it?

Kaktus* 12-30-2010 09:04 AM

Carle or Coburn. Take anyone. Preferable Carle. Regehr would be awesome. Seriously.

Flyers can not and should not trade JVR. No deal.