HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wiz's play tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=859019)

The Pleks Dispenser 12-30-2010 11:28 PM

Wiz's play tonight

Another horrible loss by the habs tonight, but on the bright side, I thought Wiz played well both offensively and defensively tonight in his first game with the habs. It was too bad he was paired up with a struggling Weber on the PP, who just kept on giving away the puck. He sure have a monster bullet, as showed when he hit the post on the first period.

I wondered actually why is he on the opposite side on the start of each PP? Wouldn't he be more dangerous if he's already ready for the one-timer?

le_sean 12-30-2010 11:29 PM

Loved him. Didn't really see his physical side, but he moved the puck well and made smart decisions.

badfish 12-30-2010 11:30 PM

I really liked his game. I saw him miss a check that put him out of position but that was the only real fumble I saw and it didn't lead to a goal. I think at one point he was playing on the wrong side for the one timer on the PP too but that happens.

Habs13 12-30-2010 11:36 PM

Yeah, he looked good tonight. Great, hard shot and a couple of nice moves... catching the puck out of mid-air to prevent a break-away was awesome, too. Looks good to me.

Darth Joker 12-30-2010 11:44 PM

Wiz was one of the precious few Habs that actually looked good out there.

I almost feel sorry for him that this pisspoor team performance is what he gets for his 1st game as a Hab... :shakehead

Stradale 12-30-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13 (Post 29877125)
Yeah, he looked good tonight. Great, hard shot and a couple of nice moves... catching the puck out of mid-air to prevent a break-away was awesome, too. Looks good to me.

Yup that was a great play but he could have prevent that breakaway if he stayed with his player because he left him for about a second and the second he made his "pivot" the player was already flying to our zone. Lucky for him, he catch that puck in mid air to prevent the breakaway.

Aside from that, I like him already.

Habblues 12-30-2010 11:54 PM

He was our best player tonight. Great game.

googlymoogly 12-31-2010 12:10 AM

Ehhh he was so so think about it he hit the freakin post. If he was still an Islander he would of had a PP goal. As soon as a player becomes a Hab they hit goal posts or shoot left of it:sarcasm:

Analyzer 12-31-2010 12:14 AM

Him and his dpartner Weber looked to be the best.

Honestly, Hamrlik - Subban, Gill - Gorges, Wiz - Weber looks better than anything with Spacek in it.

Habbadasher 12-31-2010 12:15 AM

Was at the game, Webber and him switched sides every power play.

LyricalLyricist 12-31-2010 12:33 AM

He was excellent. Got into the play but also first D back. He was involved in the play and played well.

Galchenyuk27 12-31-2010 12:35 AM

I loved his play tonight, especially being in the team surrounded by **** performances.

Made me wonder what it'd cost to retain him...probably too much.

Smoke Monster 12-31-2010 12:36 AM

He was infinitely better than Picard. One problem solved, now we need a top six forward that has a wicked shot who can complement Gomez' passing skills - like an Ales Kotalik or Rolston if Jersey gives us some picks as well. Maybe we can get him from Calgary for a bag of pucks or Rolston on waivers with some picks thrown in?

Habs 12-31-2010 12:47 AM

People complimenting Weber on his play tonight.... wtf game were you watching?

Analyzer 12-31-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ (Post 29878367)
I loved his play tonight, especially being in the team surrounded by **** performances.

Made me wonder what it'd cost to retain him...probably too much.

Well, he's already making 3.25 so possible 4-4.5

TroyM 12-31-2010 12:59 AM

His first 10 minutes were especially outstanding. A booming shot off the post, solid powerplay/puck movement, broke up a couple passes very nicely, he looked good. Had a really impressive first game IMO, hope he can keep it up. As people have said already, he was one of the few bright spots tonight in an otherwise ****** game.

FlyingRat 12-31-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 29878552)

He whiffed a couple of passes on the powerplay but he was flawless defensively.

HabsolutelyCanadien 12-31-2010 01:08 AM

yup I completely agree with you the wiz is the real deal he deserves to be on the best NHL hockey team of all time which is our favorite team the Montreal Canadiens! James Wisniewski is our best defenceman right now IMO! I thought for sure those 3 beauty slap shots in the 1st which we dominated was gonna be scores it's a shame it would been 4-0 or 4-4 IMO! but aw well their is still 44 games most of them are at home! and we are very strong and very good and hard to beat at home! we won most our games at home! and still we still won at least 7 for sure maybe 8 or 9 games on the road this year! so yeah with what I just said with how many games left! and home games left! we now have HOME ADVANTAGE then road games after this I believe it's all good Pierre Gauthier just needs to get us a TOP 6 FORWARD IN 1 WEEK 2 WEEKS OR 3 WEEKS and then we will be all set to finally be able to score more goals more often and tie it up more often and thus finally winning more games! don't worry it's all good were gonna get a top 6 forward soon VERY soon if this BS continues! but either way yessssss we do need a top 6 forward and I hope pray wish that we get a top 6 forward from here to another 3 weeks! anyways it's all good were gonna win how many games we need to win and be at least 7th or 8th place in the playoffs for sure! and then were gonna finalllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy win the STANLEY CUP 25 TIMES! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

LaurentHabs 12-31-2010 02:50 AM

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8524/wishnew.png

mlandry 12-31-2010 09:35 AM

I thought he played well. Hopefully it wasn't just a 1 game thing, as I know he started great this year with the Islanders then cooled down considerably.

RoyBoyCoy 12-31-2010 09:40 AM

Yeah I'm already a fan. That shot was such a howitzer and it just hit the post. He has some slick moves and some nice creativity, especially when being covered closely. Knocking down the St. Louis-Stamkos breakaway pass was pretty ballin' as well...

Habs 4 Life 12-31-2010 09:59 AM

Played very well and was one of the only players who showed some energy during the entire game

Gabe84 12-31-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 29878552)

Agreed. As soon as there's any kind of pressure on him, he tries to get rid of the puck and it usually send the Habs back to their zone. He was extremely frustrating to watch on the PP.

And even though he was okay defensively, you have to remember that this guy is supposed to be an offensive defenseman who was called up because he was racking points in the AHL. He got first wave PP minutes last night and was detrimental for most of the time.

That said... Great game by Wiz tonight, I thought. I'm really happy about this acquisition, it will be interesting to see what happens when Gorges is back in the line-up.

Quarantesix 12-31-2010 11:43 AM

played really well last night , it's suck that he hit the post on that slap shot because if he scored the game would had a different story.

YMCMBeaulieu 12-31-2010 11:46 AM

The Wiz needs to be set up for the one-timer on the PP, no idea wtf he was put on the right side for.