HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Larry Brooks: Rozsival on thin ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=859608)

RangerBoy 01-01-2011 04:29 PM

Rozsival on thin ice
 
Michal Rozsival's game has slipped of late. John Tortorella made mention of that yesterday. Rozsival has built up "capital" with Torts but he's running out of "capital". Rozsival was paired with Vinny Prospal on D yesterday in practice. Rozsival is playing tonight but.........

Quote:

"It's like a bank account. Some people have bigger bank accounts because of their body of work, and I'll live with someone like that who's had a bad game because of my feeling of what they can do.

"I think that Rozy, from the first time I started coaching him, his game has gone to the next level where it needs to be. But of late, no."

Translation: Rozsival has yet to use up the credit line he increased the second half of last season and through the first couple of months this year, but at the same time, bank management, in the form of the head coach, is reviewing matters.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz19pCTEqLH

RangerFan10 01-01-2011 04:39 PM

I can respect that Tortarella is willing to state obvious things other coaches aren't, like how veterans have longer leashes than rookies might. Not sure why some try to pretend things like that aren't true.

Beacon 01-01-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan10 (Post 29906002)
like how veterans have longer leashes than rookies might. Not sure why some try to pretend things like that aren't true.

Because fans confuse what they see with all the prospect hype. Probably 90% of fans would much rather bench/trade a 27-year-old second liner than a 19-year-old whose absolute maximum ceiling is to be a second liner.

BlueShirts88 01-01-2011 05:15 PM

Why would Prospal practice on D? Am I missing something?

Beacon 01-01-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 29906501)
Why would Prospal practice on D? Am I missing something?


I think he should practice in the press box. Can he scout?

BlueShirts88 01-01-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerEsq (Post 29906548)
I think he should practice in the press box. Can he scout?

Probably better than our current scouts.

Hugh Jessiman anyone:sarcasm::help:

morffin 01-01-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 29906562)
Probably better than our current scouts.

Hugh Jessiman anyone:sarcasm::help:

give it a break already ...that was the old scouting and PD team....Gordie took over 4 years after that draft and has put together a fantastic set of prospects...stop living in the past.

NYRSchrute217 01-01-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 29906501)
Why would Prospal practice on D? Am I missing something?

Probably because they wanted to get Del Zotto work with Eminger or something like that. It's another way of saying Rozy is the #7 D-man

Brooklyn Ranger 01-01-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 (Post 29906971)
Probably because they wanted to get Del Zotto work with Eminger or something like that. It's another way of saying Rozy is the #7 D-man

That's why Del Zotto is scratched tonight. (as per Andrew Gross).

Punxrocknyc19* 01-01-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger (Post 29907037)
That's why Del Zotto is scratched tonight. (as per Andrew Gross).

why cant Rozsival ever get scratched, he does make bonehead plays at times too :shakehead

BlueShirts88 01-01-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morffin (Post 29906835)
give it a break already ...that was the old scouting and PD team....Gordie took over 4 years after that draft and has put together a fantastic set of prospects...stop living in the past.

I was joking, relax. I'm very happy with our prospects right now.

RangerFan10 01-01-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 29907415)
why cant Rozsival ever get scratched, he does make bonehead plays at times too :shakehead

if you were paying any attention at all, Torts answers your question like 6 times in the article

morffin 01-01-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 29907509)
I was joking, relax. I'm very happy with our prospects right now.

no prob..I didnt know Jessiman was from NY...born in The City grew up in CT....wonder if that had anything to do with the Rangers picking him.

DutchShamrock 01-01-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 (Post 29906971)
Probably because they wanted to get Del Zotto work with Eminger or something like that. It's another way of saying Rozy is the #7 D-man

I think it was more to send the message to Roszival than to get Prospal involved.

SupersonicMonkey* 01-01-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerEsq (Post 29906057)
Because fans confuse what they see with all the prospect hype. Probably 90% of fans would much rather bench/trade a 27-year-old second liner than a 19-year-old whose absolute maximum ceiling is to be a second liner.

Rozsival is inconsistent, over 30, and a 2nd pairing defenseman at best, with a 5+ mil cap hit, and his contract expires after next season.

If the Rangers can trade him and get a good return, why shouldn't they? Sauer could replace his minutes.

Rozsival doesn't have a long-term future with this club anyway.

Beacon 01-01-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 29912429)
Rozsival is inconsistent, over 30, and a 2nd pairing defenseman at best, with a 5+ mil cap hit, and his contract expires after next season.

If the Rangers can trade him and get a good return, why shouldn't they? Sauer could replace his minutes.

Rozsival doesn't have a long-term future with this club anyway.


You must've missed the 847 posts I left here saying they should trade Rosie because he's too old to be part of our Cup run, which won't happen in the next couple of years anyway.

But I was really talking in general. A year or two ago, many people were screaming that we should bench Avery and replace him with Byers. Avery on his worst day was better than Byers ever had any hopes of being, but Avery was 28-29 and Byers was 22, and that was all people needed to know.

Fitzy 01-01-2011 09:22 PM

I think he played a really good game tonight, personally.

Sauer and Gilroy are both much closer to being scratched at this point.

NYR510 01-01-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 29914892)
I think he played a really good game tonight, personally.

Agreed. He was physical and made some nice plays. I especially enjoyed him throwing down Moore.

OverTheCap 01-01-2011 09:34 PM

I can't really take Brooks seriously when it comes to Rozsival after he suggested that Rozy should be sent down to Hartford last season instead of Gilroy.

eco's bones 01-01-2011 09:51 PM

Rozsival had a solid game tonight.

The writing is on the wall for him though. He's been definitely passed by both Staal and Girardi in the Rangers defensive food chain. Dan and Marc are more physical, better defensively and now even provide more offense. Looking at the rest of the group--MDZ has the most talent but a lot to learn, Sauer has been steady as a rock in his own end for the most part. Eminger has played pretty well. Rozsival is still a good player but his getting on in years along with the cap hit and being no longer the go to guy on defense make him expendable and at the very least I think his Ranger days are over by the end of 11-12.

SupersonicMonkey* 01-02-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerEsq (Post 29913050)
You must've missed the 847 posts I left here saying they should trade Rosie because he's too old to be part of our Cup run, which won't happen in the next couple of years anyway.

But I was really talking in general. A year or two ago, many people were screaming that we should bench Avery and replace him with Byers. Avery on his worst day was better than Byers ever had any hopes of being, but Avery was 28-29 and Byers was 22, and that was all people needed to know.

Well I can't recall every post lol. I don't doubt you, though.

FromTheSide 01-02-2011 12:50 AM

Just brooksie sturring the pot as usual, the rangers have been playing very well for the month of December (which they usually don't) so he ran out of things to write about since the suckfest of december never happened.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.