HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Proposal: Trade with Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=860270)

Monarchist 01-03-2011 12:45 PM

Trade with Toronto

To the Kings:

Kaberle
Komisarek
Kadri

To Toronto:

Mitchel
Martinez
Voinov

Kings get an upgraded defense for a cup run, including an expiring contract (Kaberle) to trade signing rights of for a draft pick while resigning RFAs next year. Left shooting Kadri can take a left wing spot or compete for the second line center spot with other prospects. There is little room for Voinov in the organization and if not traded or promoted he may be lost to Russia.

Toronto gets rid of bad contract/assistant coach beater Komisarek and replaces the puck moving defenseman they will lose anyway with two replacements for that role, one first pairing/PPQB (Voinov) and one decent second-third pairing guy (Martinez). Kings send only some salary back and Toronto gets cap room to buy draft picks (Kolzig trade) or make a delusional playoff push.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 01-03-2011 12:47 PM

Good luck selling that to Burke . .

KopitarFAN 01-03-2011 12:48 PM

Nope.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 01-03-2011 12:48 PM

By chance, Did you factor the salary cap in to this?

Also, The Kings aren't giving up enough

DAkings20 01-03-2011 12:53 PM

Please stop

Monarchist 01-03-2011 12:54 PM

Kings would lose 2/3 of available cap space, going from 4.40 to 1.56 million. In other words, about twice the impact of taking Marco Sturm but still leaving a cushion. The value of cap space and the ability to trade it for picks, prospects etc. is why Burke might do this.

Brodeur 01-03-2011 01:07 PM

The Leafs are in dire need of a top 6 forward, so you'd send them three defensemen and take away their best forward prospect? It's tough to find an exact comparable for Tomas Kaberle, but Brian Campbell fetched (a somewhat still valuable) Steve Bernier and a first round pick at the deadline in 2008.

LombardiTool 01-03-2011 01:10 PM

Me thinks Monarchist will never survive 2 weeks at HFBOARDS.COM! :)

RAZZIE King 01-03-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimmondsFan (Post 29946410)
Me thinks Monarchist will never survive 2 weeks at HFBOARDS.COM! :)

Especially when butterfly nets come out all of a sudden...

kingsfan 01-03-2011 02:23 PM

1) Toronto would never go for that. they could fetch that for just Kadri, nevermind a 1st + something decent for Kaberle.

2) The trade does improve LA, but still leaves us needing a legitimate goalscorer, and now with much less cap room to get that done.

3) I think trading Mitchell would hurt us, given how much trouble we have in getting UFA's to sign here at times anyways.

4) Getting Kaberle would indicate that this year is our year. I don't believe it is. I think next year is when we go for it.

pain2007 01-03-2011 03:04 PM

Komisarek sucks, you don't want him on the Kings.

They can't trade Kadri because they stupidly traded away those 2 first rounders for Kessel (lol). Kadri is their entire development pipeline. The backlash would be insane.

Overall I give this trade proposal an F-.

Martyros 01-03-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchist (Post 29946131)
Kings would lose 2/3 of available cap space, going from 4.40 to 1.56 million. In other words, about twice the impact of taking Marco Sturm but still leaving a cushion. The value of cap space and the ability to trade it for picks, prospects etc. is why Burke might do this.

Ability to trade for prospects? Then why the hell is Burke giving up Kadri? Toronto doesn't need Mitchell, also wouldn't accept Martinez and Voynov(even MORE defenders which they have an abundance of) for Kabarle alone.

no name 01-03-2011 05:02 PM

I'm not sure that gets Kadri alone.

Butch 19 01-03-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchist (Post 29945982)
To the Kings:

Kaberle
Komisarek
Kadri

To Toronto:

Mitchel
Martinez
Voinov

KKK? I really don't think so.

But in bizarro world, I would do this trade in an instant.

Ziggy Stardust 01-03-2011 06:06 PM

I'll give him credit for not including Schenn in the proposal.

Johnny Utah 01-03-2011 06:26 PM

Toronto needs a top 6 forward, preferrably a center. They could use a defensive center too...We aren't trading Kopitar, Brown, Simmonds and Smyth has a NTC, so the only guys we could throw there way that they would be interested in are Stoll, Zeus and Williams....

The Wyzerhood 01-03-2011 10:25 PM

Toronto fan here, this trade is horrendous but I'm glad to see one after all the ridiculous ones Leaf fans have out there involving LA. I think it can be established (or has been) that LA and Toronto are not good trading partners. The players we would want (Simmonds, Schenn, J.Johnson, Doughty, Brown and Kopitar) are all unavailable and will not be traded unless there is a massive overpayment.

I'm one of the few Leaf fans who acknowledge that there's fantasy scenarios and the real world, and it's obvious that LA will stay their course and continue to horde their picks and prospects. The issue with LA and Toronto proposals is that Burke is looking for immediate help in the form of either a first line center or a young forward with size; LA cannot afford to give up either.

Telos 01-03-2011 10:35 PM

I am amazed that Schenn is not included.

etherialone 01-03-2011 11:35 PM

Hi Monarchist and welcome to the Kings hockey boards.

No.

No to your proposal.

No.

My problem with your proposal isn't that you haven't reasoned it out, it is that it is flawed in every way from an actual trade point of view and the impact that the proposal would have on both teams in their ability to continue to develop a winning team.

Keep trying your proposal was at least interesting.

Dark Knight 01-04-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchist (Post 29945982)
To the Kings:

Kaberle
Komisarek
Kadri

To Toronto:

Mitchel
Martinez
Voinov

Kings get an upgraded defense for a cup run, including an expiring contract (Kaberle) to trade signing rights of for a draft pick while resigning RFAs next year. Left shooting Kadri can take a left wing spot or compete for the second line center spot with other prospects. There is little room for Voinov in the organization and if not traded or promoted he may be lost to Russia.

Toronto gets rid of bad contract/assistant coach beater Komisarek and replaces the puck moving defenseman they will lose anyway with two replacements for that role, one first pairing/PPQB (Voinov) and one decent second-third pairing guy (Martinez). Kings send only some salary back and Toronto gets cap room to buy draft picks (Kolzig trade) or make a delusional playoff push.

If Kadri is in the proposal, you could have at least sent back Schenn.

Kadri + for Schenn is what I'll be up for. That + could be any of our prospects, Versteeg or Kulemin.

scramble91 01-04-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Fuss (Post 29970377)
If Kadri is in the proposal, you could have at least sent back Schenn.

Kadri + for Schenn is what I'll be up for. That + could be any of our prospects, Versteeg or Kulemin.

I think we have beat this dead horse, but we simply dont make good trading partners because both teams have the same needs...good top 6 fowards.