HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Canucks qualify Cloutier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=86032)

chris_dub 06-23-2004 05:25 PM

Canucks qualify Cloutier

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...19&hubName=nhl

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 05:41 PM

Glad to see him stay.

Malakhov 06-23-2004 05:49 PM

What a joke, another year without a cup for the canucks! :dunno:

Sotnos 06-23-2004 05:51 PM

All that article states is that the 'nucks made a qualifying offer to Clouts to keep his rights, he hasn't accepted it yet.

I find it a bit weird that this is even being reported. :dunno:

V for Voodoo 06-23-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
All that article states is that the 'nucks made a qualifying offer to Clouts to keep his rights, he hasn't accepted it yet.

I find it a bit weird that this is even being reported. :dunno:

I guess it's newsworthy because it confirms that Vancouver will retain his rights rather than letting him walk.

Sotnos 06-23-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo
I guess it's newsworthy because it confirms that Vancouver will retain his rights rather than letting him walk.

I guess, but there are a TON of other players in his situation. Maybe it's just me, but we never hear about who got qualified down here 'til the last day for offers.

guitaraholic* 06-23-2004 06:04 PM

just because he got qualified doesn't mean they won't turn around and deal him anyway.

Peter Griffin 06-23-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
I guess, but there are a TON of other players in his situation. Maybe it's just me, but we never hear about who got qualified down here 'til the last day for offers.

Well, Cloutier isn't your average RFA. There are a lot of question marks surrounding him and the Canucks' future together. Anyway, I think most people expected this anyway.

BB 06-23-2004 06:24 PM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...23_152620_4932

He was qualified at 2.4 million.

Peter Griffin 06-23-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB

That has to be incorrect. Cloutier earned $2.5 mil last season and to be qualified he has to be offered at least the ammount he made the previous year.

hockeyGod 06-23-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
What a joke, another year without a cup for the canucks! :dunno:

Montreal is in the same boat mon' amei

me2 06-24-2004 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Well, Cloutier isn't your average RFA. There are a lot of question marks surrounding him and the Canucks' future together. Anyway, I think most people expected this anyway.

There was never any doubt they would qualify him. He's a good buy at $2.75m or so. The question is whether they'll walk away from arbitration if it gets that far.

LaVal 06-24-2004 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me2
There was never any doubt they would qualify him. He's a good buy at $2.75m or so. The question is whether they'll walk away from arbitration if it gets that far.

if the league is as ignorant about him as this forum, then he shouldn't walk away with too much of a raise.

kmad 06-24-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVal575
if the league is as ignorant about him as this forum, then he shouldn't walk away with too much of a raise.

But he let in a shot from the redline 2 years ago! He should be lucky to still have a job in the NHL! Right??! (just ignore his back to back to back 30 win seasons.)

Malakhov 06-24-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyGod
Montreal is in the same boat mon' amei

There's a difference between a team that is only missing one element to win the cup (Canucks and their goalie) and a rebuilding team (Habs).

Canucks just shot themselves in the foot resigning Cloutier.

LaVal 06-24-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
Canucks just shot themselves in the foot resigning Cloutier.

and what exactly are they supposed to do? ask New Jersey and Florida to trade them Brodeur and Luongo? they cannot afford to have an $8 million free agent goaltender, and all available goaltenders making decent money are not an upgrade at all.

you think they'd be better off not qualifying Cloutier and going with and Auld/McVicar tandem?

Youreallygotme 06-24-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVal575
and what exactly are they supposed to do? ask New Jersey and Florida to trade them Brodeur and Luongo? they cannot afford to have an $8 million free agent goaltender, and all available goaltenders
PHP Code:

making 

decent money are not an upgrade at all.

you think they'd be better off not qualifying Cloutier and going with and Auld/McVicar tandem?

no :teach: corey hirsch. or olivier michaud. anybody but cloutier :lol

(j/k i know who out there is really better thats available :dunno: )