HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal EDM-FLA (Yep, another Brewer one) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=86107)

Takkie 06-23-2004 10:23 PM

Proposal EDM-FLA (Yep, another Brewer one)
 
Edm Gets: Weiss, #7 pick, and a 2nd round pick in 05
Florida gets : Brewer and Horcoff/Reasoner

victor 06-23-2004 10:26 PM

Please,

No more Brewer proposals.

Please.

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takkie
Edm Gets: Weiss, #7 pick, and a 2nd round pick in 05
Florida gets : Brewer and Horcoff/Reasoner

Settle down people. Atleast its not another AO proposal. I wouldnt want to do it because we get rid of Weiss, but maybe because I like the Nederost-Horton-Weiss Line.

Takkie 06-23-2004 10:31 PM

maybe we should make an official brewer thread too. but i thought this deal was pretty even because EDM gets a Good Young Center, a high pick (maybe one of the Goalies?) and a 2nd rounder in 2005, while florida gets some much needed grit and a Physical shut down defenseman that can log big minutes.

victor 06-23-2004 10:33 PM

How about Roberto Luongo for Brewer and a Horcoff?


See, no interest...

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takkie
maybe we should make an official brewer thread too. but i thought this deal was pretty even because EDM gets a Good Young Center, a high pick (maybe one of the Goalies?) and a 2nd rounder in 2005, while florida gets some much needed grit and a Physical shut down defenseman that can log big minutes.

I agree it is pretty even.

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor
How about Roberto Luongo for Brewer and a Horcoff?


See, no interest...

How about Go Away

See, we show no intrest towards you. You know everyone is here on HF to share there thoughts about Hockey. We havent bashed any of your statements so I want the same respect for me and my fellow Panther fans.

Takkie 06-23-2004 10:37 PM

Bouwmeester said what i had to say with alot more class and tact, so i'll just say "What he said".

Vyse64 06-23-2004 10:55 PM

solid offer it way better than a lot of proposals but I woulddn't do it
plus it leaves Edmonton too thin at the Blueline
Staios Smith
Ulanov Semenov
Cross Bergeron

Staios was burned out at the end of the season after getting 23 minute per game, Cross and Ulanov both got around 19 minutes per game, Smith handled 21 minutes per game, Semenov and Bergeron got 17 minute per game
now about Brewer he eats a lot of minutes more than aeven other oilers
on 5 on 5, PK and the PP, a total of 24:39 minutes per game that's a lot of time now i can't expect Steve Staios to eat another more time, can Semenov handle 20+ minutes per game i don't know, Semi was a reason Niiminaa was traded but i don't think he can fill in for Brewer


then if Nedved doesn't sign you got another big problem at centre if Horcoff or Reasoner is traded with Brewer

Takkie 06-23-2004 11:01 PM

so you would want a defenseman going back the other way? how about a guy like Novak? and i dont get your point about having a big problem at center. You are getting a Center in Return, so you'll have the same number of Centers.

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takkie
so you would want a defenseman going back the other way? how about a guy like Novak? and i dont get your point about having a big problem at center. You are getting a Center in Return, so you'll have the same number of Centers.

Yea, I thought I was the only one who caught that.

Vyse64 06-23-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takkie
so you would want a defenseman going back the other way? how about a guy like Novak? and i dont get your point about having a big problem at center. You are getting a Center in Return, so you'll have the same number of Centers.

if Nedved doesn't re-sign

Edmonton has
Weiss
Horcoff or Reasoner
Stoll
York can play centre but is more suited to the wing

Torees Nedved Dvorak
Smyth Weiss York

or

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Weiss Pisani/Hemsky

the blueline issue is bigger cuz you can't find someone who will take over for Brewer just like that

Dropkick Alex 06-23-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
if Nedved doesn't re-sign

Edmonton has
Weiss
Horcoff or Reasoner
Stoll
York can play centre but is more suited to the wing

Torees Nedved Dvorak
Smyth Weiss York

or

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Weiss Pisani/Hemsky

the blueline issue is bigger cuz you can't find someone who will take over for Brewer just like that

I dont know the money situation there in Edmonton but Zhitnik will not resign here in Buffalo. He wants 4.5-5 million so hes not staying. How about Neidermayer? I dont know his contract status but he seems available. With the 7th pick to you can draft a Defensemen. If the trade does go down, Edmonton has alot of options that you don't see, I don't think. Once again though the moeny situation could be a problem.

Rattrick 06-24-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor
How about Roberto Luongo for Brewer and a Horcoff?


See, no interest...

You act like his trade proposal was way off. :shakehead

I think it's overpayment by the Panthers, but that's just me. Again, there are only a few teams who have the assets to get Luongo and Edmonton isn't one of them IMO.

Jeff Shafer 06-24-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor
How about Roberto Luongo for Brewer and a Horcoff?


See, no interest...

you act like we offered a future 5th round pick for Brewer, chill out man were here to have fun, share opinions and most of all to get insight of other teams there's no need to be like that...

oil slick 06-24-2004 09:22 AM

I wrote this all, but just realized HemskyFreak has basically said the same thing... but here is my take anyways.

From an Oilers perspective, here is the problem I have with Brewer trades, including this one (although value wise, this trade is not bad).

For the Oilers successful run at the end of this year, he was averaging over 26 minutes a game... just to give you some idea, that would put him in the top five players in the game of hockey. Not only did he play those minutes, but IMO he started to play them well at the end. I really like Steve Staois and Jason Smith, but from the past year, give them more than 20 minutes, and they start to suffer... you could see Staois's game plummeting as the year wore on.

If we could sign Niedermeyer, then I'm sure we could send Brewer somewhere, but the chances of us being able to sign him, are basically zero. As much as I like the idea of Niedermeyer in Edmonton, it's a waste of time thinking about it.

As for drafting with the 7th... IF the pick pans out (which I would say is not great odds) it'll take at least 7 years, if ever, for him to be able to pick up the minutes Brewer is playing now.

s7ark 06-24-2004 09:32 AM

Agreed. Trading Brewer would decimate our D. Semenov will likely be able to take his minutes but he is a few years away from that.

Plus a lot of us really value him still and think is he just about to break out as he is just reaching prime d-man age.

I like Weiss, but he won't fill the hole left by Brewer leaving. And the picks, while nice are hardly sure bets. Assume we can get Thelen at 7. It will be years before he is ready. The Oilers aren't in rebuilding mode, they are in building mode. It doen't make any sense for us to move 25-28 year olds for picks

Honestly I can't see us moving Brewer for less then Horton. He is too valuable for us. Anything less then this and why bother? Jay-Bo would be ideal but I assume he ain't moving anywhere!

oilers_guy_eddie 06-24-2004 10:00 AM

I believe Lowe said in an article yesterday that they don't think trading into the top 10 is that big a priority because they feel that aside from the top players, at least some of the players they want will still be there at #14.

Personally, while I understand that Weiss started to put things together last season, I would like to see more before deciding that he was worth giving up a top asset to acquire. I suppose there's probably a lot of difference of opinion here on whether Brewer is a top asset, but I think it's pretty clear that Kevin Lowe considers him a top asset.

TVanek26* 06-24-2004 10:07 AM

I actually think that's overpayment.Brewer's overrated.How the hell did he ever make the olympic team?Brewer's a nice #3,but he won't become an elite defenseman.His offense is strictly 25 points a season.

oil slick 06-24-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I actually think that's overpayment.Brewer's overrated.How the hell did he ever make the olympic team?Brewer's a nice #3,but he won't become an elite defenseman.His offense also went down (It wasn't very big to start with either)

Although there are tonnes of people, including Oil fans that would agree with you, I consider him a number one because he's able to play such large minutes and I think his defensive play... particularly his one on one play is developing fine for a 25 year old.

His offensive ability is weak, however. He does this wrist shot from the point on the pp which I'm sure worked for him in midget or something, but it's less than crap in the NHL.

Master Lok 06-24-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I actually think that's overpayment.Brewer's overrated.How the hell did he ever make the olympic team?Brewer's a nice #3,but he won't become an elite defenseman.His offense is strictly 25 points a season.

Maybe a lot of fans/posters outside of Edmonton (who doesn't watch as much Oiler hockey on a regular basis) need to re-evaluate their opinon of Eric Brewer. Over the years, the question is whether or not his potential will ever be reached. This year, this seeming hockey man-child is reaching his potential becoming at least IMO, the Oilers #1 dman, taking over from Niiniimaa/Smith from last year. And instead of questioning the Canadian WorldCup selection committee's choice, perhaps you should all give the committee the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing and instead question your own evaluation of Brewer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.