HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ryan Ellis is a Machine (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=861211)

MattPreds37 01-05-2011 06:51 PM

Ryan Ellis is a Machine

Ryan Ellis scores for Canada again, I smell an Ellis/ Cube line coming up soon!

WartracePred 01-05-2011 06:57 PM

Absolutely dominating this game. He's wearing #6 and the "C" on his jersey. Hmmm.

nine_inch_fang 01-05-2011 06:58 PM

nice job behind the net there too

Seth Lake 01-05-2011 07:13 PM

As I wrote in my rookie camp primer for OtF, there's only one-way to describe the diminutive defenseman from Hamilton, Ontario. Ryan Ellis is a winner.

It's clear watching this game that Ellis knows that this might be the last time he wears the Red and White for Canada in international competition and he's stepping up his game another notch tonight and leaving it all out there.

Great first period, let's see what the leading scorer among defensemen in the history of the World Junior Championships can do over the last 40 minutes...

WartracePred 01-05-2011 07:34 PM

Well he is looking more and more like a Predator. He went hard into the boards and skated slowly off ice with an injury. Yep, he's playing Predator hockey for sure.

TMI 01-05-2011 08:32 PM

This is turning into a pretty good game.

Quick thought: Ellis seems to pinch on almost every rush. Do you think he would be ok with moving to forward, and would it be worth a try?

Jarnberg 01-05-2011 08:34 PM

Ellis's offensive game is an absolute thing of beauty. I remember watching him in camp after we drafted him and his shot was one of the best I've ever seen. That being said, he is getting beat alot in this tournament, especially after he reaches in and doesn't get the puck, because he isn't able to keep up with alot of the forwards. With his size and skating, he needs to be ahead of alot of the plays in order to make those plays.

I love his offensive game, his passing and shot are amazing, but his defensive game leaves alot to be desired, but hopefully improves as he ages.

WartracePred 01-05-2011 08:57 PM

Canada blew a 3 goal lead to lose 5-3 to the Russians. Hate it for Ellis. But I'll lose no sleep as the uppity Canadians lose a hockey game.

Liquidfire3240 01-05-2011 09:01 PM

Ellis named top D-man.

Paranoid Android 01-05-2011 09:20 PM

Whoa, turned the game off when Canada was up by 3 after 2. Were any of the goals against Ellis's fault? Man that sucks

Jarnberg 01-05-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 30003516)
Whoa, turned the game off when Canada was up by 3 after 2. Were any of the goals against Ellis's fault? Man that sucks

Not really.

MattPreds37 01-05-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 29997948)
As I wrote in my rookie camp primer for OtF, there's only one-way to describe the diminutive defenseman from Hamilton, Ontario. Ryan Ellis is a winner.

It's clear watching this game that Ellis knows that this might be the last time he wears the Red and White for Canada in international competition and he's stepping up his game another notch tonight and leaving it all out there.

Great first period, let's see what the leading scorer among defensemen in the history of the World Junior Championships can do over the last 40 minutes...

Seth, we need to give this kid a 66 jersey and get him on a line with the cub, Frances does an excellent job staying at home and would let Ryan get into the action. We could at least burn up the 10 games we can borrow him from juniors and see what hes got. I also think we could use him as a second power play QB. Also, where have you been, quit leaving me with pass counting guy.

Jarnberg 01-05-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattPreds37 (Post 30003693)
Seth, we need to give this kid a 66 jersey and get him on a line with the cub, Frances does an excellent job staying at home and would let Ryan get into the action. We could at least burn up the 10 games we can borrow him from juniors and see what hes got. I also think we could use him as a second power play QB. Also, where have you been, quit leaving me with pass counting guy.

Ellis is no where near NHL level.

Seth Lake 01-05-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattPreds37 (Post 30003693)

Ellis has 1-2 years in Milwaukee ahead of him before he comes to Nashville and is ineligible this season until his junior team finishes. Word is he's going to be traded from Windsor to Dave Cameron's (Team Canada HC) junior program who's hosting the Memorial Cup this year, so the next time we see him will be this summer at development camp.

I came to NC to spend the holidays with my Mother. I've stayed an extra week to get some things done for her down here, but I will be back for the next home game on Tuesday. I have a job interview on Wednesday too, so I'll definitely be back!

MattPreds37 01-05-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 30004040)
Ellis has 1-2 years in Milwaukee ahead of him before he comes to Nashville and is ineligible this season until his junior team finishes. Word is he's going to be traded from Windsor to Dave Cameron's (Team Canada HC) junior program who's hosting the Memorial Cup this year, so the next time we see him will be this summer at development camp.

I came to NC to spend the holidays with my Mother. I've stayed an extra week to get some things done for her down here, but I will be back for the next home game on Tuesday. I have a job interview on Wednesday too, so I'll definitely be back!

I heard the Spitfires were possibly going to trade Campbell and/or Ellis but I didnt here where. Also is it impossible to get a customized Spitfires or Canada juniors Ellis jersey?

TMI 01-05-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Good luck!

adsfan 01-05-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Can you make that 3 or 4 seasons in Milwaukee? They need more scoring.

Seth Lake 01-05-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 30005988)
Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 30007652)
Can you make that 3 or 4 seasons in Milwaukee? They need more scoring.

Umm, we've already had to see him dominate juniors for two seasons. Anymore than two years in the AHL is going to have us a little worried. You know Trotz and Poile will make him earn the promotion though, just as Franson did and Blum and Josi are in the process of doing. That's just The Predators Way. The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee...

TMI 01-06-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 30007806)
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Not a problem. I know how stressful job seeking can be. That's why I gave it up for more school.

Umm, we've already had to see him dominate juniors for two seasons. Anymore than two years in the AHL is going to have us a little worried. You know Trotz and Poile will make him earn the promotion though, just as Franson did and Blum and Josi are in the process of doing. That's just The Predators Way. The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee...

I think Ellis will make it up at some point next season. He'll need an absolutely explosive camp to make it right on if only for the reason you mentioned. Beyond that I think Ellis is the first D call up, and unless it's Weber/Suter/Klein that gets hurt, Ellis might not be sent back down.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not he can adapt his game to the big leagues.

Seth Lake 01-06-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 30007905)
I think Ellis will make it up at some point next season. He'll need an absolutely explosive camp to make it right on if only for the reason you mentioned. Beyond that I think Ellis is the first D call up, and unless it's Weber/Suter/Klein that gets hurt, Ellis might not be sent back down.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not he can adapt his game to the big leagues.

Ellis has said this week that he wants (ie: has been told by the team) to get up to 185 lbs to play in the pro ranks. He models his game after guys like Brian Rafalski, Dan Boyle, and Brian Campbell. I think he can do it, but I doubt even with a great camp does he not start in Milwaukee next year.

He was really disappointed going back to juniors this year, but was told to go back and shatter the record books and work on a few things. He's done that, I really don't think his size will stop him from making it to the NHL either...

TMI 01-06-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 30008056)
Ellis has said this week that he wants (ie: has been told by the team) to get up to 185 lbs to play in the pro ranks. He models his game after guys like Brian Rafalski, Dan Boyle, and Brian Campbell. I think he can do it, but I doubt even with a great camp does he not start in Milwaukee next year.

He was really disappointed going back to juniors this year, but was told to go back and shatter the record books and work on a few things. He's done that, I really don't think his size will stop him from making it to the NHL either...

These are the things I like to hear. If he stands up to his own expectations we have a real gamer on our hands.