HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Around the NHL: Part V (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=862242)

haohmaru 01-07-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 30041357)
I dont like Crosby or the blatent marketing, but I hate having to see some of the great players have their careers cut short or hampered due to injuries.

I hope he doesnt become a Bossy, Lindros, Orr, Bure, ect.

I never wish injury on any player. I'd rather have them decline naturally, like Kovalchuk. ;)

NYR Sting 01-07-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure (Post 30039394)
They're also 5 points away from being the best team in the NHL.

If you watch 'em play, it's pretty clear that Detroit and Vancouver are a step above the rest of the West. DAL, CHI, LA, SJ, STL, NSH...they're all very close to one another. I'd be shocked if either DET or VAN didn't represent the West in the SCF this season, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if any of the other teams lost to one another out there.

Ail 01-07-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 30045603)
If you watch 'em play, it's pretty clear that Detroit and Vancouver are a step above the rest of the West. DAL, CHI, LA, SJ, STL, NSH...they're all very close to one another. I'd be shocked if either DET or VAN didn't represent the West in the SCF this season, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if any of the other teams lost to one another out there.

Agree completely. The standings make it look closer than it is, a healthy Detroit and Vancouver are a clear head above the rest over there in both ends. :nod:

Loffen 01-07-2011 07:49 PM

Leafs suck. :facepalm:

Edit: Versteeg tied it up. Win one in regulation will 'ya.

Loffen 01-07-2011 08:01 PM

Cats up 2-0 on Carolina. Very nice.

NyRangers88 01-07-2011 08:02 PM

If the Leafs and Panthers can win in regulation, I'd be super happy :)

darko 01-07-2011 08:03 PM

Canes losing 2-0 and Leafs just tied Thrashers

EDIT: make that 2-1 Leafs

Loffen 01-07-2011 08:11 PM

Grabovski is having himself a great season so far. Dayum!

JeffMangum 01-07-2011 08:13 PM

11 goals in the last 15 games for Grabovski. Puts him at 17 on the year.

darko 01-07-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 30048880)
Grabovski is having himself a great season so far. Dayum!

Sure is, been on quite a tear lately too. Tonight's goal was his 11th in last 14 games. :amazed:

30 points so far in 39 games (counting tonight).

Loffen 01-07-2011 09:06 PM

Hah, 5-1 Leafs!

2-2 in Florida.

FromTheSide 01-07-2011 09:11 PM

Holy **** 8-1 toronto!


Loffen went from LEAFS SUCK! to GO LEAFS GO!

:laugh:

Loffen 01-07-2011 09:19 PM

I'll always "root" for the Leafs when they can help us out in the standings. Nice to see them turn it around for once and score some goals.

Go Loafs!

Punxrocknyc19* 01-07-2011 10:44 PM

sad story
 
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|SJS|home


http://newsblog.projo.com/2011/01/ri...-cavanagh.html


RIP

SERE 24 01-07-2011 10:47 PM

Wait... I'm confused by that second article. They say his body was found in a parking garage. His car, with his wallet inside, were found elsewhere in the garage and the cause of death was ruled to be trauma from multiple blunt impacts. This sounds like he was jumped/mugged and basically murdered. His dad goes on to simply say that he was a young man who battled mental illness in his private life, but the way it's written makes it seem like there's some connection between his death and his mental illness but I can't seem to discern one? Did he beat himself to death in a garage? Is this not a homicide?

Punxrocknyc19* 01-07-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 (Post 30053624)
Wait... I'm confused by that second article. They say his body was found in a parking garage. His car, with his wallet inside, were found elsewhere in the garage and the cause of death was ruled to be trauma from multiple blunt impacts. This sounds like he was jumped/mugged and basically murdered. His dad goes on to simply say that he was a young man who battled mental illness in his private life, but the way it's written makes it seem like there's some connection between his death and his mental illness but I can't seem to discern one? Did he beat himself to death in a garage? Is this not a homicide?

yea im confused as well. i really doubt he beat himself up maybe he has multiple personalities

SERE 24 01-07-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 30053719)
yea im confused as well. i really doubt he beat himself up maybe he has multiple personalities

Yeah, I was half joking about beating himself up. I don't know that you can beat yourself to death.

Punxrocknyc19* 01-07-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 (Post 30053799)
Yeah, I was half joking about beating himself up. I don't know that you can beat yourself to death.

i know that lmao.... well u never know...

Loffen 01-07-2011 11:36 PM

Chippy game in Anaheim.

DutchShamrock 01-07-2011 11:36 PM

I'd be shocked, shocked if Vancouver made it out of the second round. Luongo's insides consist more of marshmellow than granite. I've never seen a goalie visably shake during saves the way he did in the gold medal game. He is not a post season goalie, I'm sorry. Vancouver will be the ugly step sister in the West as long as he is in net.

beastly115 01-07-2011 11:39 PM

How the hell did the Laughs score 9 goals? Not that I'm complaining. It's about time a team close to us in the standings lost in regulation.

Loffen 01-07-2011 11:45 PM

Grabovski, off all players, has stepped his game up big time. That's one reason.

They helped us out tonight.

darko 01-07-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchShamrock (Post 30055171)
I'd be shocked, shocked if Vancouver made it out of the second round. Luongo's insides consist more of marshmellow than granite. I've never seen a goalie visably shake during saves the way he did in the gold medal game. He is not a post season goalie, I'm sorry. Vancouver will be the ugly step sister in the West as long as he is in net.


They'll be right as long as they avoid Blackhawks. :laugh:

That team doesnt have any glaring weaknesses. Good on PK, one of the best powerplay teams going around, good top-6, solid depth. I like them alot.

FromTheSide 01-07-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 30055261)
How the hell did the Laughs score 9 goals? Not that I'm complaining. It's about time a team close to us in the standings lost in regulation.

Well, that same team has also played 2 more games than us, so it depends which way you look at it :laugh:

Loffen 01-08-2011 12:00 AM

Around the NHL: Part V
 
Boom.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.