HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Tatar re-assigned to Grand Rapids (mod edit: recalled again) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=863559)

Big Poppa Puck 01-11-2011 09:49 AM

Tatar re-assigned to Grand Rapids (mod edit: recalled again)

http://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWing...49246385606657

Quote:

Tomas Tatar has been assigned to the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League.
Didn't know where to post this, so mods merge it somewhere if necessary.

ArGarBarGar 01-11-2011 10:19 AM

Did pretty well while he was up.

Still needs some work, but I liked what I saw. Hoping to see him again soon.

Flowah 01-11-2011 10:27 AM

Looked like some confidence/anxiety issues and some strength issues. At times I could see the skillset and the potential, but he did weird things like overskate the puck, make stupid mistakes. I think, that if he were more comfortable and played up in the NHL for a while longer, he would get over those things and we could see the skills emerge.

And definitely, I noticed his small size a few times as well. But nothing that can't be overcome I suppose.

Overall I was excited about his future. You can also tell that he loves to play. His celebration after the goal was uncharacteristic for a Red Wing, but I don't mind. I like seeing the young'uns come up and get super pumped.

Huddy* 01-11-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowah (Post 30131253)
Looked like some confidence/anxiety issues and some strength issues. At times I could see the skillset and the potential, but he did weird things like overskate the puck, make stupid mistakes. I think, that if he were more comfortable and played up in the NHL for a while longer, he would get over those things and we could see the skills emerge.

And definitely, I noticed his small size a few times as well. But nothing that can't be overcome I suppose.

Overall I was excited about his future. You can also tell that he loves to play. His celebration after the goal was uncharacteristic for a Red Wing, but I don't mind. I like seeing the young'uns come up and get super pumped.

bout time we see some of this...

Flowah 01-11-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huddy (Post 30131305)

I suppose. But I also like what it shows when we don't go bouncing off the boards. It shows complete composure, and that most of the Wings are so experienced, and have won so often.

Shows they've been there before. I like that. And it's just so professional.

newfy 01-11-2011 10:49 AM

Tatar is a competitor for sure. If everyone his size played like him (cough Hudler cough) I'm sure people would have a lot less problems with him.

He was out there every shift like a little ball of energy, getting scoring chances and actually threw a lot of hits. He loves scoring goals too, I think he has a very bright future for sure

ricky0034 01-11-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowah (Post 30131253)

it's almost like he made some rookie mistakes or something :amazed:

zetterberg40 01-11-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Amen to that. Sometimes the stereotypical "we dont celebrate unless its playoff goals at key times" is a good change of things. We need more passion not only on the team but in the game itself. Him and Happy Huds could really make things fun on the ice after goals.

the kid played phenomenal. First call up ever, plays a few games with poise and composure. Personally, I don't see much he really needs to work on besides maybe continuing to move his feet and defensive play but that's all things that will come in time.

Huddy* 01-11-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40 (Post 30131985)
Amen to that. Sometimes the stereotypical "we dont celebrate unless its playoff goals at key times" is a good change of things. We need more passion not only on the team but in the game itself. Him and Happy Huds could really make things fun on the ice after goals.

the kid played phenomenal. First call up ever, plays a few games with poise and composure. Personally, I don't see much he really needs to work on besides maybe continuing to move his feet and defensive play but that's all things that will come in time.

maybe some "buffness" too.. looks like a 14 y/o out there in terms of size, but that will come in time.

14ari13 01-11-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

I do not like it. I've seen soccer players celebrate goals in many different ways and it is plain stupid.

RedWingsNow* 01-11-2011 01:55 PM

here's what I noticed:
Strengths: Goes to the places goal scorers go. Willingness to shoot
Weaknesses: Small. Not as fast as I envisioned. Could be a tough combination

Huddy* 01-11-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ari13 (Post 30135432)
I do not like it. I've seen soccer players celebrate goals in many different ways and it is plain stupid.

Im not talking about ovekijumps or where a player is showboating after scoring, but im talking about more than your general "HEY I SCORED A GOAL" type celebrations we are used to seeing.

Him and Hudler (if he can ever get it going) are two kids that will provide major energy for the Wings and who cares if they celebrate more than the normal North American kid.

FYI- did you see the 3rd Canadian goal scored the other night vs Russia. The team practically took the kids head off when he scored. Nothing beats the pure excitement a player shows after scoring a big goal. Tatar happened to be on ice for what was his first experience as a player on the ice when a goal was scored. So what if he showed some emotion, fire up those oldies :sarcasm:

jaster 01-11-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 30135612)
here's what I noticed:
Strengths: Goes to the places goal scorers go. Willingness to shoot
Weaknesses: Small. Not as fast as I envisioned. Could be a tough combination

His speed seemed fine to me. He's no burner, but it's adequate. His biggest problem is his lack of strength, imo. He gets run off the puck and shoved aside easily. He needs about 10-15 lbs of muscle to be a force.

RedWingsNow* 01-11-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 30137640)
His speed seemed fine to me. He's no burner, but it's adequate. His biggest problem is his lack of strength, imo. He gets run off the puck and shoved aside easily. He needs about 10-15 lbs of muscle to be a force.

For sure. I still expected a bit more speed. At his current strength, he'd need to be a lot faster to be reasonably effective in the NHL.

Mursak, on the other hand, is ready right now, IMO. He, too, needs to get stronger. But this guy skates really well, with and without the puck.

Henkka 01-11-2011 03:40 PM

When adding muscle is his only problem, it's just matter of time. :handclap:

Jussha 01-11-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 30137796)
For sure. I still expected a bit more speed. At his current strength, he'd need to be a lot faster to be reasonably effective in the NHL.

Mursak, on the other hand, is ready right now, IMO. He, too, needs to get stronger. But this guy skates really well, with and without the puck.

I thought Mursak was our best player on the ice last night, and after watching him play the way he did with Miller and Gator, makes me wonder what he could possibly do on a scoring line.

He does need to get stronger, but he comes off to me as a coach's player, and I am extremely confident everything he has been asked to improve on he will address in the offseason and will be ready for 12 min a night 82 games a year next season

RedWingsNow* 01-12-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussha (Post 30138172)
I thought Mursak was our best player on the ice last night, and after watching him play the way he did with Miller and Gator, makes me wonder what he could possibly do on a scoring line.

He does need to get stronger, but he comes off to me as a coach's player, and I am extremely confident everything he has been asked to improve on he will address in the offseason and will be ready for 12 min a night 82 games a year next season

Thought the same thing.
Truthfully, I think he could complement any of our centers.
Mursak-Datsyuk- Guy with size
Mursak- Zetterberg- Guy with size
Mursak Flip Cleary
Mursak Helm Abdelkader
His ability to play a 2-way game makes him a surefire NHLer, IMO. The only question is, how good will he get.

zecke26 01-15-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

01/15/2011 Tomas Tatar (LW) Grand Rapids DEL Recalled from loan by Detroit (NHL)
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Gorgeous George 01-15-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 30223706)

Will Detroit give Tatar more of an offensive role during this call-up? Any powerplay time perhaps?

ProPAIN 01-15-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous George (Post 30225491)
Will Detroit give Tatar more of an offensive role during this call-up? Any powerplay time perhaps?

I doubt it. We have enough players to make 2 PP units.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Eaves
Lidstrom-Rafalski

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Kronwall-Ericsson?/Kindl?

Dogkota 01-15-2011 04:52 PM

I really can't understand why Babcock didn't give Tatar more opportunities in offensive situations during his first call up. With limited ice time he showed excellent puck protection, keen playmaking skills, and looked genuinely dangerous on the cycle. I would love to see Tatar get an opportunity with Franzen and Zetterberg because it would give him a lot more time and space to operate down low.