HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   News Article: Weber named to NHL All Star Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=863578)

jstreet 01-11-2011 10:27 AM

Weber named to NHL All Star Team

per http://twitter.com/#!/NHLPredsInsider

barrytrotzsneck 01-11-2011 10:35 AM

I think Rinne was probably more deserving, but with a representative from each team required and Weber being our "name" guy, I'm not surprised or bothered.

braindead 01-11-2011 10:42 AM

Add Suter to the top of the list of players that get shafted every year. If he leaves the Preds and signs in a "real" market he will make it every year. Will he ever make it if he re-signs here? Very frustrating to see. I thought his Olympics might force the issue but I guess not.

golfmade 01-11-2011 10:45 AM

Agreed, I love Weber but Suter and Rinne both deserve to go as well.

sighthndlady 01-11-2011 10:46 AM

Despite being #2 and #4 in the Western Conference at the mid-point, the Red Wings & Preds each have one player on the All Star roster. It's all about flash and not about teams.

token grinder 01-11-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sighthndlady (Post 30131692)
Despite being #2 and #4 in the Western Conference at the mid-point, the Red Wings & Preds each have one player on the All Star roster. It's all about flash and not about teams.

exactly. I kinda wish weber wasn't going to be honest. I know it isn't much different than a pick up game, but still, would rather not take that chance. Wish he would only do the hardest shot competition.

as far as suter goes, is he deserving? yeah, but so are the other 12.

cinepuck 01-11-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 30132888)
exactly. I kinda wish weber wasn't going to be honest. I know it isn't much different than a pick up game, but still, would rather not take that chance. Wish he would only do the hardest shot competition.

as far as suter goes, is he deserving? yeah, but so are the other 12.

Yeah, but give me Suter over Enstrom every day! How the hell does ATL get 2 players and we get 1?
Any way, that outburst has more to do with team pride than with any desire to see our players play in the game. Weber just needs to not get hurt.

token grinder 01-11-2011 12:16 PM

why is suter more deserving than enstrom? or Byfuglien? they are both healthy and producing, and have been all year.

saying that, I know suter is a better player, but for the showcase exhibitions, I'd ratehr watch the flash and dazzle.

BigFatCat999 01-11-2011 12:42 PM

I am the most cynical person about all-star games. I hate them. I love that fact that Nashville only has one player going.

I Will Son 01-11-2011 01:00 PM

I predict 102.7 and 104.4 from Weber in the hard shot

jstreet 01-11-2011 01:49 PM

this is Webers chance to take out some of the top talent in the league, slappers from the point early and often! :sarcasm:

JohniusMaximus 01-11-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 30135485)
this is Webers chance to take out some of the top talent in the league, slappers from the point early and often! :sarcasm:

I thought that this morning.

I want casualties, Webs! Casualties.

token grinder 01-11-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 30135485)

its a shame only hiller is from the west goalie wise. but yeah, aim for western conference guys.

I would assume though it would be one of those unwritten rules that d-men don't unload those cannons in all star games. The game is really meant to showcase the best offensive flash and the nhl probably wants a 12-10 game. offense brings the oohs and ahhs.

sighthndlady 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

Teams with nobody (they do at least all have someone in the babies group): Islanders, Sabres, Panthers, Coyotes

Teams with more than two: Penguins (all 4 are fan favorites), Blackhawks (2 of 4 are fan favorites), Canucks (both Sedins and Kesler?)

So it's actually pretty fair when you figure there are only 42 total.

Dodgie 01-11-2011 03:49 PM

Didn't they do away with the "Rookie Game" this year?

I have to think Anders would have gotten a nod if they'd kept that format.

Oh well....

BigFatCat999 01-11-2011 04:03 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

So 6th round for Weber in the mock?

OpenWheel 01-11-2011 04:11 PM

No Suter? I guess the NHL doesn't want to showcase their very best players.

As long as Ryan doesn't charge the team a big penalty in order to resign and continue playing in the wilderness... I'd rather see him get the rest. But I hope he gets the honor next time.

Dodgie 01-11-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWheel (Post 30138451)
No Suter? I guess the NHL doesn't want to showcase their very best players.

As long as Ryan doesn't charge the team a big penalty in order to resign and continue playing in the wilderness... I'd rather see him get the rest. But I hope he gets the honor next time.

Suter always flies under the radar...it comes with playing for Nashville.:(

As far as the 12 D-men chosen, I agree with most of them.

Based on this season's play.....

If I could pick my own all-star team I would have left out D. Keith, M. Staal, Z. Chara & M. Green.
My replacements? (don't hate :laugh:): K. Yandle, J. Johnson, L. Visnovsky & J.M. Liles.

And as far as the goalies: Fleury & Ward OUT, Howard & Luongo IN

JMHO

Everlong 01-11-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 30131440)
I think Rinne was probably more deserving, but with a representative from each team required and Weber being our "name" guy, I'm not surprised or bothered.

My thoughts exactly. There's some tough competition in net this year aswell.

kivaerijo 01-12-2011 05:36 AM

good for weber, but might make it a personal issue next year and try to get suter voted in by fans. I know it is just an exhibition game, but think he deserves to be our representative at some point. maybe we will win the cup and get a wopping 2 fuys next year.

it really is too bad that all star and the norris has turned into an offensive thing for d men. Keith shouldnt be anywhere near the all star game this year, nor should green. oh well. rest is a good thing i know, rant over.

PredsV82 01-12-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade (Post 30131639)
Agreed, I love Weber but Suter and Rinne both deserve to go as well.

both players missed significant time early in the season, and thats probably part of it.