HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: #44 vs. Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=863812)

Wraparounds 01-11-2011 08:28 PM

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: #44 vs. Montreal Canadiens

Player of the Game & Good, Bad, Redden

Previous Player of the Game Threads#43 @ St. Louis Blues

Alexander Frolov Memorial Trophy
http://i.imgur.com/jZuit.png

The Alexander Frolov Memorial Trophy is awarded to the player who most exemplifies the qualities that Alex brought to the ice game in and game out. Most notable was his talent for wraparounds. Thusly, this award is given to the player who has the most wraparound attempts throughout the game.

The award tonight goes to Sean Avery, with 2 wraparound attempts against Montreal.

Game Trophy Recipient (Number Won) Number of Wraparounds (Opponent)
#44 Sean Avery (1) 2 (Alex Auld)

Player Number of Wraparounds Number of Trophies
Sean Avery 2 1
Brandon Prust 1 0

Alvvays 01-11-2011 08:31 PM

Love it.

Have to give the good to Wolski. He was creating chances all game long. Sauer, Gilroy, and Dubinsky all get that honor as well.

The bad goes to Stepan. He struggled all night long, was being out-muscled, and was giving the puck away.

The Redden, goes to, unfortunately, Lundqvist. That Pouliot goal. CAN NOT go in.

Tony D63 01-11-2011 08:32 PM

Wolski had a great game, had 2 chances to score. Love this trade!

nyr2k2 01-11-2011 08:33 PM

Dubinsky had a terrific game.

Stepan made a few bad mistakes.

Also, you've done a fantastic job with this thread, Wraparounds.

DMPD 01-11-2011 08:33 PM

Henrik gets my player of the game. Made some nice saves and did more than enough to keep them in it.

The Good: Zuccarello, Dubinsky, and Wolski. I also like the McD-Gilroy pairing.

The Bad: Stepan. He looked shaky all game, mishandled the puck a lot.

The Redden: No one.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 01-11-2011 08:36 PM

Good: Dubi was the best forward for this team tonight (yet again)

Bad: I thought Drury (who I defend pretty often) was absolutely invisible tonight.

Redden: Nobody. Stepan was meh, but still not reddenish.

Props to our 6dmen. Think they all played fairly well tonight.

Ollie Queen 01-11-2011 08:36 PM

Voted Gilroy.

Wraparounds 01-11-2011 08:37 PM

My player of the game tonight: Wojtek Wolski

The Good
Avery - Good work down low, 2 wraparounds!
Dubinsky - Great effort on the goal, consistent effort.
Gilroy - Slick pass on the goal, sound positioning.
Zuccarello - Loved the hit on Hal Gill, good chances.

The Bad
Stepan - Not good on the point on the PP, had a few rough shifts.
Drury - Who gets beat in a foot race with Hal Gill?

The Redden
Lundqvist - Sorry Henrik, but you can't go letting that one in. Mr. Softie strikes again.

Radek27 01-11-2011 08:39 PM

Voted for Duby, he had a great game.

The Redden tonight goes to Lundqvist. Ya gotta stop that goal my man, we woulda got atleast a point.

we want cup 01-11-2011 08:39 PM

The Good: Zuccarello (Dubi was good, too)

The Bad: The Officials

The Redden: Stepan

broadwayblue 01-11-2011 08:40 PM

Is it just me or does MZA get a lot of his best scoring chances blocked? Hopefully he starts putting them home soon.

Wraparounds 01-11-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 30146977)
Dubinsky had a terrific game.

Stepan made a few bad mistakes.

Also, you've done a fantastic job with this thread, Wraparounds.

Thanks! I'll be steadily making improvements as we go. I've added the inaugural Alexander Frolov Memorial Trophy. :D

Pugs35 01-11-2011 08:41 PM

The Good:

Dubinsky and Zucc looked fantastic pretty much all game. A few shifts they (and Gaborik I think?) were just dominant.

McDonagh and Sauer both continued to build on their good play recently, and McDonagh continues to look more comfortable.

The Eh:

Wolski - created some chances but just didnt' look as engaged as the rest of the team, but it's only a game.

The Bad:

Stepan looked like he was fighting it a bit tonight, which is going to happen, but he still created a few nice chances.

Faceoffs - Terrible, still

The overall offense on this team has just dried up recently, we need some finish.

The Redden:

Losing to Auld and Subban - actually I hate that whole team.

OverTheCap 01-11-2011 08:42 PM

Dubinsky should be the player of the game. Aside from the goal, he was hitting and being aggressive. He was making things happen whenever he was on the ice. Too bad the Subban slewfoot went uncalled.

The good: MZA played well, and the defense as a unit acquitted itself pretty well.

The bad: Gaborik should be the best skater on the ice, and once again, he wasn't. Something's off with him. How does such a speedy guy get beat by Spacek on an icing call?

The Redden: No one in particular, but the team in general did not play very well in the second half of the game. Normally they do, so I'm not that concerned, but it would have been nice to have kept up that intensity from the 1st period.

MrEctions 01-11-2011 08:43 PM

Player of the game was Zucc, kid was all over. Dubi had a great first 10 mins, then hibernated til the last 8 mins of the game. The bad imo was Steps, had a terrible game.

DMPD 01-11-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraparounds (Post 30147435)
Thanks! I'll be steadily making improvements as we go. I've added the inaugural Alexander Frolov Memorial Trophy. :D

Personally, that's my favorite part. :laugh:

jacko23 01-11-2011 08:45 PM

sure, Dubi had a goal, but i voted---

GOOD: Avery. noticeable, and in a positive way. he's been doing well lately.

BAD: Lundqvist. i was on the crapper for the 1st goal and havent seen the replay enough to have an opinion, but how many times have you seen Hank put his head on the puck like it was a soccer game? that woulda been an easier save on the Puliot goal than it woulda been had he made THAT safe. WTF.....

REDDEN: Stepan. how many times did he stumble/fall? when was the last time he sharpened his skates?!?

Pugs35 01-11-2011 08:45 PM

Hey Wraparounds, could you list who won in the "Previous player of the game" list?

And I love the Alexander Frolov memorial trophy, awesome

jas 01-11-2011 08:45 PM

Dubinsky continues to be the forward that gives this team its best chance to win on a nightly basis. And Sauer just keeps getting more confident.

Stepan did look shaky.

I still think Henke's gotta stop the 2nd goal...bad angle, should not have found its way into the net.

BTW, how close did Dubi come to getting his head slammed on the ice on the slewfoot by Subban. Stupid *** ref.

17futurecap 01-11-2011 08:46 PM

Good was Wolski and MZA

Bad Stepan

Thought Sauer had some chances, but could never control the puck.

Wraparounds 01-11-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugs35 (Post 30147706)
Hey Wraparounds, could you list who won in the "Previous player of the game" list?

And I love the Alexander Frolov memorial trophy, awesome

That's already in the splash image above. :laugh:

You'll have to contact the Redundancy Department of Redundancy for that feature.

Miller Time NYR 01-11-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion (Post 30147128)

Bad: I thought Drury (who I defend pretty often) was absolutely invisible tonight.

Chris is back? I thought he was still hurt.

darko 01-11-2011 08:54 PM

Good: Dubinsky, Wolski, Hank, Sauer
Bad: Drury
Redden: Stepan

BlueshirtBlitz 01-11-2011 08:55 PM

The good: Wolski, Dubinsky, MZA, Hank.
The bad: Stepan.
The Redden: PK Subban, god I hate him.

Wraparounds 01-11-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 30147864)
Chris is back? I thought he was still hurt.

You didn't notice him lose a foot race with Hal Gill?