HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I am getting tired of this... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=864081)

cju1979 01-12-2011 12:43 PM

I am getting tired of this...
 
Another f'ing home game NOT on TV. How do they expect us to support these f'ers game in/game out when we can't even watch half the damn season. I see more Philly games on VS and NBC than I do Preds. I'm from Boston so when I moved down here (and having grown up being told the Bruins were f4gs), I was thrilled to cheer for a new team. And now, I really am starting to care less. I rarely go to home games anymore unless I go for free but some of you here seem knowledgable and I would like to know WTF is the deal? \:rant:

utmfisher19 01-12-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cju1979 (Post 30161018)
Another f'ing home game NOT on TV. How do they expect us to support these f'ers game in/game out when we can't even watch half the damn season. I see more Philly games on VS and NBC than I do Preds. I'm from Boston so when I moved down here (and having grown up being told the Bruins were f4gs), I was thrilled to cheer for a new team. And now, I really am starting to care less. I rarely go to home games anymore unless I go for free but some of you here seem knowledgable and I would like to know WTF is the deal? \:rant:

You have to remember a few things. FSN does not OWE it to the Preds to show their games. Nor is it the Preds idea to NOT show the game. The Preds want to show every game on tv, but it not possible with the demand here. FSN would get more demand for Kentucky vs. Auburn NCAA Men's Basketball than NHL. That being said, the Preds got the most out of FSN as they could in this deal. FSN also has contracts with the SEC for all sports, Thrashers, Hurricanes, etc in the south. So they can't show EVERYTHING every night.

Also, you need to look FORWARD in the future years. Each year the Preds get more games shown on tv. I think (correct me if I am wrong) that the Preds get 60 games on tv this year. Next year it is also 60, but then it progresses 65 the year after, 70 the year, and then 75 the year after that. It takes time to build a fanbase -- and now that the fanbase is growing, more games will be shown on tv (since there will be a higher demand).


P.S. NHL Center Ice Package is an incredible deal that you should look into. One of the best decisions I've ever made in terms of tv. The Preds org also looks to show road games on tv rather than home ones (since we can't attend road games) in order for all fans to have a chance to view every game this year.

Milly79 01-12-2011 01:00 PM

I'm not worried about missing one home game, because the rest of the games this month are televised. We only have two home games this month, and I'd rather watch the road games where I can't attend.

cju1979 01-12-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milly79 (Post 30161299)
I'm not worried about missing one home game, because the rest of the games this month are televised. We only have two home games this month, and I'd rather watch the road games where I can't attend.


I already upgraded to digital preferred to get NHL/NFL...it's just frustrating and I hope you guys are right and they do show the rest this month and in the future.

And I hear ya on teh college sports but seriously, Grizzlies basketball, college girls volleyball (actually thanks for that) and re-runs of college football. Some aspects of the South are kinda lame. (But don't get me wrong, I would never move back to Massachusetts)

Joe T Choker 01-12-2011 01:17 PM

we have 6 more games that are not going to be on TV ...


Oilers - Preds 2-7
Avs - Preds 2-12
Canucks - Preds 2-17
Coyotes - Preds 2-19
Jackets - Preds 2-27

I'm not sure if the Flames - Preds game is or isn't on TV => road game

melfunction 01-12-2011 01:23 PM

It could be so much worse, imagine if the NHL had blackout rules like the NFL!

But, I have to ask .. if you're from a hockey town like Boston, don't home games seem like .. dirt cheap for you? If it's not on TV, why not just go to the game?

Robert604strom 01-12-2011 01:51 PM

id look into the centre ice package like said above,or even the Nhl site has a deal for each game.

jstreet 01-12-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 30161598)
we have 6 more games that are not going to be on TV ...

Canucks - Preds 2-17

this is one that I want to see the most

ffwrx 01-12-2011 09:34 PM

Streams??

http://atdhe.net/index.html

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

101st_fan 01-12-2011 09:50 PM

It never ceases to amaze that the television details are published before the season ... the networks are listed on the NHL schedule ... and yet we still get rants. It was just a couple of years ago when the Blackhawks had a minimum of 41 games a year that weren't televised.

The deal this season is 60 games on FSN, a game on VS, and most of the rest on Center Ice. There have been games with only the scoreboard feed, but, it was still carried.

When the initial rant is filled with abbreviated f-bombs any intended point is undermined.

golfmade 01-12-2011 10:06 PM

Quit your *****in. You live in/near Nashville? Then go to the games! I live halfway around the world and you don't see me complaining! I'm grateful to see any Predators games be it on the few occasions where they show a game on the NHL Network (which I do get here on my satellite) or if it's an online stream.

Nitrous Mafia 01-12-2011 10:06 PM

go to the game
watch on tv
watch a stream
watch gamecast on your phone
listen on the radio
follow the GDT
refresh nashvillepredators.com
not know until you hear the score later that night/the next morning


Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 30173223)
It was just a couple of years ago when the Blackhawks had a minimum of 41 games a year that weren't televised.


THIS

I remember this vividly.

Adz 01-12-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 30173223)

The deal this season is 60 games on FSN, a game on VS, and most of the rest on Center Ice. There have been games with only the scoreboard feed, but, it was still carried.

Are all 60 going to be on FSN? I am thinking that Comcast SportsNet is carrying some because FSN limits their packages to 55 regular season games...but I haven't actually seen any of our games on that station.

MattPreds37 01-13-2011 12:02 AM

By all means, feel free to complain about thea way games, but if you want to see a Home game, you can get tickets on Stubhub for single digits nightly or buy them from the team, or me or any other ambassador. The way to get all of our games covered is by raising the demand for viewership. Coming from NY, Predators tickets were so dirt cheap, I just bought a season ticket package. Now I realize not everyone is in a financial position to lay down the money for all the home games, but all us season ticket holders cant always go so look for a cheap ticket. If that fails, Buy a ticket. Thats part of supporting a small market team unlike the faceless northeastern teams we grew up watching who could demand full price from us, and they were expensive as hell for our families. Now that it doesnt take an act of congress to watch professional sports in Nashville, please go watch the Predators in person.

101st_fan 01-13-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 30174373)
Are all 60 going to be on FSN? I am thinking that Comcast SportsNet is carrying some because FSN limits their packages to 55 regular season games...but I haven't actually seen any of our games on that station.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538201
"The telecast schedule includes 36 of 41 road games and 24 home contests from Bridgestone Arena. Three of the 60 scheduled games will be televised on FOX Sports Tennessee’s sister network SportSouth."

johnbull86 01-13-2011 08:33 AM

I have the hockey package on direct and sometimes (rarely) but the game will be blacked out on FSN and on the center ice channels... :shakehead

66Falconboy 01-13-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 30173223)
When the initial rant is filled with abbreviated f-bombs any intended point is undermined.

This is true.

I've been quite pleased that ALL of the games shown this year have been in HD. They're improving every year, and showing more games every year. Deal with it.

jstreet 01-13-2011 11:28 AM

while I agree with you guys, this is America, Ill rant if I want to. :banana:

Spudskie 01-13-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 30173223)
It was just a couple of years ago when the Blackhawks had a minimum of 41 games a year that weren't televised.

Hi guys, Hawks fan here. The late "Dollar Bill" Wirtz insisted that he was protecting the season-ticket holders by not televising home games. Yet the number of season-ticket holders declined during the lean years. The lack of televised home games really hurt in promoting the team and the atmosphere at Chicago Stadium/United Center (that is when the Hawks were good). A shame since the old Chicago Stadium was probably THE best place to watch a game (I miss the old barn and those steep balconies).

So you televise only the road games, which gives you only 41. Now you must take into account the number of games on the west coast with late start times here in Chicago (9:00 or 9:30 pm Central Time). Granted, it may not be many games but how many young kids will be able to stay up to watch when they have school the next day? That reduces the number of viewable games for a potential new generation of fans to a little over a third of an 82-game season.

Rocky Wirtz himself said that the blackout of all home games led to a loss of 2 to 3 generations of Hawks fans.

101st_fan 01-13-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudskie (Post 30182910)
Hi guys, Hawks fan here. The late "Dollar Bill" Wirtz insisted that he was protecting the season-ticket holders by not televising home games. Yet the number of season-ticket holders declined during the lean years. The lack of televised home games really hurt in promoting the team and the atmosphere at Chicago Stadium/United Center (that is when the Hawks were good). A shame since the old Chicago Stadium was probably THE best place to watch a game (I miss the old barn and those steep balconies).

So you televise only the road games, which gives you only 41. Now you must take into account the number of games on the west coast with late start times here in Chicago (9:00 or 9:30 pm Central Time). Granted, it may not be many games but how many young kids will be able to stay up to watch when they have school the next day? That reduces the number of viewable games for a potential new generation of fans to a little over a third of an 82-game season.

Rocky Wirtz himself said that the blackout of all home games led to a loss of 2 to 3 generations of Hawks fans.

Dollar Bill is the reason I stopped being a Hawks fan.

sparkle twin 01-14-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 30174373)
Are all 60 going to be on FSN? I am thinking that Comcast SportsNet is carrying some because FSN limits their packages to 55 regular season games...but I haven't actually seen any of our games on that station.

Sunday at Chicago is scheduled to be on SportSouth.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.