HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   bauer one80 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=864186)

ryangib 01-12-2011 03:52 PM

bauer one80

just picked this up today. anybody ever use one? thoughts?

ponder 01-12-2011 04:12 PM

Tried a teammates for a warmup, noticeably heavier than the true top of the line sticks (one95/one100/totalone) but otherwise I really liked it, real nice feel/flex. I actually liked it quite a bit more than the x40, which is a very good/popular stick for the price, and the one80 isn't too much more. Other than the weight it felt quite similar to my old one95, if my current Easton ST ever breaks it'll probably be my new stick.

ryangib 01-12-2011 05:34 PM

i was willing to spend the extra 30 and get the one95 but the curve selections were pretty weak. i was playing with a warrior dolomite with the dragon on it. that stick wasnt exactly light either. hopefully its not a big change. i should have mentioned i've never played with a bauer. i drool over the totalone but i can not in a good conscious spend 220 bones on a hockey stick.

ponder 01-12-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryangib (Post 30166730)
i was willing to spend the extra 30 and get the one95 but the curve selections were pretty weak. i was playing with a warrior dolomite with the dragon on it. that stick wasnt exactly light either. hopefully its not a big change. i should have mentioned i've never played with a bauer. i drool over the totalone but i can not in a good conscious spend 220 bones on a hockey stick.

It's definitely not a heavy stick, just heavier than the ridiculously light sticks like the TotalOne, Rbk 11K or CCM U+ CL. It's about the same weight as a Bauer X40 or Easton ST, and just slightly heavier than a Dolo DD. Regardless, I really don't think a little bit of weight matters much at all when actually using the stick, the feel/flex is way more important IMO, and I really liked how the one80 felt. I think you made a really good choice, hopefully it's durable!

adaminnj 01-13-2011 12:15 AM

I have an older one85 and I love it doe playing D. it's 2" longer that most sticks. As for durability I have slashed, jammed and abused the stick to no end for a year now and I have not broken it yet.

I do have a one95 with a broken blade but I grabbed it out of a trash can at the rink so I cant tell you how or why it broke.

My one85 is actually pretty light unless you are comparing it to a s19.

backhander 01-23-2011 10:40 PM

I was gonna make a new thread...but found this thread.

Can anyone tell me why I'm having trouble finding a one80 102 flex? I believe I've checked every online hockey site....please guide me in the right place if know where to get the 102.

Also, any additional feedback from one80 users would be nice (not required)?