HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Draft day trades prediction (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=86457)

Kafka 06-25-2004 10:40 AM

Draft day trades prediction

I don't know if that kind of thread has been started here, but I would like to know what players you think could be moved on saturday.

For Montreal, I would put the names of Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey and Matthieu Garon. I however don't expect Habs to trade these for draft picks.

jumptheshark 06-25-2004 10:49 AM

my prediction is the lack of trades that go down on draft day

merlin 06-25-2004 10:52 AM

I expect that BG will try to package something that includes Garon to LA's for the 11th pick. Could be moving up or acquiring that pick straight up.

There also seems to be that Blues rumor floating around about demitra....Hard to say just a rumor.... I would keep Hossa and hainsey unless the bait was really good.

jumptheshark 06-25-2004 10:58 AM

there is a reason why there is Pavol D link all to itself---I believe it was a former assistant that said that Pavolwas nearly traded at the draft last year

Jaded-Fan 06-25-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark

I agree with this totally . . . the top two, rightly so as the Caps could not afford the public relations hit to lose AO if he does turn out great and the Pens as they are stacked with depth, but no franchise level scorers so have no need to use the pick to restock quickly and have a glaring need at . . . . playmaking center . . .so to move that pick would take an offer that would really blow them away. The way the draft sounds from then on, about 4 or 5 at most picks that are a tier quite a bit down but nice players and fairly interchangable quality wise (look at the mocks, all over the board as to who goes where). Then the level after that lasts pretty much into the middle of the second round where you can throw a dart and almost as accurately predict where players will go. So why trade if you can get a player pretty much like what the one you are trading up for later in the draft without giving up an asset? Why move from say top of the second round say to pick 18 if you can get a fairly similar player at pick 31, 32, 40?

kingsfan25 06-25-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin
I expect that BG will try to package something that includes Garon to LA's for the 11th pick. Could be moving up or acquiring that pick straight up.

The Kings already have Huet and Cechmanek under contract for next year. I don't see them trading for Garon, especially when they're in position already to pick up one of two excellent netminders in Montoya and Schwarz.

Kafka 06-25-2004 12:14 PM

St-Louis just acquired Bac. from Dallas..... so I don't expect St-Louis to trade for Garon now.

Anyway, Garon's value will just increase this season with Julien letting him start at least 20-25 games.

HockeyMan9 06-25-2004 12:15 PM

The closer we get to draft day the less likely it seems that Columbus will be the team selecting a player with the number 4 pick.

JOHNBOY 06-25-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark

Yep

Kafka 06-25-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyMan9
The closer we get to draft day the less likely it seems that Columbus will be the team selecting a player with the number 4 pick.

They will trade down or try to trade up? I read they tried to trade up... but I don't expect Was or Pit to trade down.......

X0X0A0 06-25-2004 12:50 PM

I would say there is a high chance for the Lightning trading down to pick up a couple 2nds for their first.

Marksman 06-25-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
St-Louis just acquired Bac. from Dallas..... so I don't expect St-Louis to trade for Garon now.

Anyway, Garon's value will just increase this season with Julien letting him start at least 20-25 games.

What do Garon and Baschi...ua have to do with eachother? Their careers are in different phases. Garon has been backup for couple years now, ready to assume bigger role - other has been AHL goalie until now and migth get some starts with the big team.

Chances are if Garon stays with Habs we wont be getting more that up to 20 games, Theodore being the money goalie. His value is about high as it gets.

FacelessButcher 06-25-2004 01:29 PM

I think Brad Isbister(EDM) for Niklas Hagman(FLA) will go down on draft day, no idea which way the balancing change would go or if it's fair straight up.

Kafka 06-25-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman2
What do Garon and Baschi...ua have to do with eachother? Their careers are in different phases. Garon has been backup for couple years now, ready to assume bigger role - other has been AHL goalie until now and migth get some starts with the big team.

Chances are if Garon stays with Habs we wont be getting more that up to 20 games, Theodore being the money goalie. His value is about high as it gets.

I agree with you, but I know don't see them trading for Garon... and anyway, I don't see habs trading Garon tomorrow. Hainsey and Hossa have more chances, but I don't think Canadien's management quit on these two.

HockeyMan9 06-25-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
They will trade down or try to trade up? I read they tried to trade up... but I don't expect Was or Pit to trade down.......

I read one source that said they are still trying to get #2 pick, but it doesn't seem all that likely. And GMDM has said his talked to many teams about trading down, which i believe is almost certain if Barker is gone by 4

little a from da bx 06-25-2004 03:49 PM

hockey man 9 supposably cmbs might move there 4 over all to nyr for a plaayer and 2 picks... probably lundmark our 6th and an early maybe mid round second, i guess i dont know

guitaraholic* 06-25-2004 03:55 PM

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this weekend holds great potential for a number of deals...

Flyers33 06-25-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitaraholic
I guess I'm the only one that thinks this weekend holds great potential for a number of deals...

I agree with you here I think there will be a lot of deals made. With some teams holding multiple 2nd's while other teams picking later in the first have no 2nd's and in some cases no 3rd's I can see a lot of maneuvering of picks so that teams who realy like a player can move up, and those teams lacking picks moving down to add extra picks and with the wide range of opinions on players in this draft maybe still get the player they wanted all along.

KH1 06-25-2004 04:28 PM

If Milbury decides to make a deal, Mark Parrish and Roman Hamrlik are the two players most likely to be moved from the Islanders.

Hesky 06-26-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyMan9

Even if Barker is available at 4th? I don't think so, if they can draft barker, they'll do it. However if Chicago drafts Barker, then i can see the BJ trading down to try and get Valabik, Smid, Green or someone like that.

RDriesen 06-26-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesky
Even if Barker is available at 4th? I don't think so, if they can draft barker, they'll do it. However if Chicago drafts Barker, then i can see the BJ trading down to try and get Valabik, Smid, Green or someone like that.

not anymore. we are starting to get some really good offers and will hopefully move down and grab thelan