HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Hemsky to LA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=865723)

markisonfire 01-16-2011 03:43 PM

Hemsky to LA

What would it take to get Hemsky to LA at the deadline, or even sooner?

Teubert and Hickey? Maybe some picks? Roster players are unlikely to be traded, and Schenn is out of the question. Any other prospects could be had, however.

oilers1084 01-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 30251089)

Teubert and Hickey? Maybe some picks? Roster players are unlikely to be traded, and Schenn is out of the question. Any other prospects could be had, however.

You'd have to start will Schenn+, Edmonton has no reason to trade him anyways.

Reaper45 01-16-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers1084 (Post 30251141)

And it ends there. Kings aren't trading Schenn for him and Oilers aren't trading him for anything less.

Homesick 01-16-2011 03:48 PM

You can't/won't offer what it would take to get Hemsky out of Edmonton. A bunch of average prospects won't cut it.
We're loaded with forwards, and our defense is developing along nicely with Petry, Chorney, Plante, and Marincin all looking great. You can add Smid, and Peckham to that as well I guess since they are both under 25.

tomd 01-16-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Exactly correct. Hemsky is 27 and just entering his prime. Why would Edmonton trade him for non-roster players...especially if Schenn is off the table? What does Edmonton achieve by doing this?

And BTW, I'm a Kings fan...

kurtcobang 01-16-2011 04:01 PM

If Schenn continues to get better and everything goes his way, he might become a ppg player. Hemsky is basically a ppg player NOW. Schenn has 2 points in the NHL! It would take more then schenn imo to get the Oilers to move Hemsky.

Hemsky is a proven NHL commodity, when healthy of course. Hemsky likes the city and works hard and I think he will likely resign before he reaches UFA despite some Oiler fans on HF who insist we should trade our best player in the prime of his career :shakehead

This font size is ridiculous

s7ark 01-16-2011 04:09 PM

Schenn would likely be the starting point. Hemsky is cheap and young enough to be part of the rebuild. He's won in the playoffs and likes playing here. We have no reason to move him unless we are getting back a potential number 1 C or top pairing D.

whitty 01-16-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 30251089)

I would start with those 2 and swapping their 1st pick for our 2nd pick?

HemskyToHall* 01-16-2011 04:17 PM

Schenn is a pipe dream, I'd throw a parade if there is a Hemsky-Schenn trade.

That being said, I'd like a deal involving some of the pieces: Clifford, Schenn, Loktionov, Greene or Voynov.

lakai17 01-16-2011 04:20 PM

Greene, Teubert and Bernier

Kurrilino 01-16-2011 04:22 PM

and what is teh idea behind this trade ???????

The last guy we need is Hemsky.
Kopitar needs a pure sniper not another playmaker.

IMO we should fire the coaching staff first, put a gun on Lombardis chest to get soemthing done at the UFA market
and after that we cold think about trading away our best prospects

kingsfan 01-16-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 30252058)
and what is teh idea behind this trade ???????

The last guy we need is Hemsky.
Kopitar needs a pure sniper not another playmaker.

IMO we should fire the coaching staff first, put a gun on Lombardis chest to get soemthing done at the UFA market
and after that we cold think about trading away our best prospects

WHile I agree we need a sniper, I'd gladly take Hemsky. If the guy would shoot more, he could get 40. He's got unreal goalscoring skills, he just doesn't shoot as much as he should and in Edmonton's system, he's seemed to develop into the set up guy.

Pair him with Kopitar and he'd fainally have someone who can get him the puck consistently.

I've watch Hemsky since he was with the HUll Olympique's and he can be a great goalscorer if he'd just take that role. IN LA I think he could.

Now, all of that said, no way we get him because Edmonton would be mentally deranged to deal him for anything we'd be willing to give up. Maybe next year, but at this point not a hope. We'd likely have to offer Schenn, Bernier, a good D-prospect and another solid prospect/2nd rounder to even get them looking. Look what they traded a UFA to be Ryan Smyth for, then add to that to get them to deal their current fan favorite/one of the longest reigning/one of the best Oilers.

Loungie 01-16-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Thats what i was thinking, Schenn+ maybe a couple draft picks or so?

zeus3007* 01-16-2011 04:59 PM

In a fair, one for one trade, probably Jack Johnson. Obviously that won't happen,but if Edmonton were to trade Hemsky, it would be for something that equals JJ's value.

Vdhawan89 01-16-2011 05:13 PM

I would love Bernier. I would also be interested in Hickey, Forbort, and/or Voynov

Zal 01-16-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 30252003)
Greene, Teubert and Bernier

No, no, and no.

I'd rather the Kings not deal for a guy that's not frequently injured.

lakai17 01-16-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 30252815)
In a fair, one for one trade, probably Jack Johnson. Obviously that won't happen,but if Edmonton were to trade Hemsky, it would be for something that equals JJ's value.

Jack Johnson is highly overated, one of those lucky NHL'ers in todays game if I must say so myself.

http://hockeyanalysis.com/2011/01/09...nson-contract/

KINGS17 01-16-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 30253436)
Jack Johnson is highly overated, one of those lucky NHL'ers in todays game if I must say so myself.

Pretty lame analysis if I don't say so myself.

Homesick 01-16-2011 05:49 PM

Hemsky's staying in Edmonton. He's got a very cap friendly contract for a guy that has 29 points in 30 games and finally has a centre that can match his speed and skill level(Taylor Hall). With all the Hemsky and Penner proposals not one has included a reason why Edmonton would need to trade either of them.

Lessy 01-16-2011 05:59 PM

I'd do Hemsky for Schenn in a heartbeat. I'd even throw in our 2nd which is basically a late 1st and possibly something else. Unless Schenn's coming back I don't think there's a deal I'd make with LA involving Hemsky. Penner on the other hand I'd gladly trade for some D prospects.

lakai17 01-16-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 30253708)
Pretty lame analysis if I don't say so myself.

Vyacheslav Voynov will become more vital to the Kings organization than JJ.

lakai17 01-16-2011 06:03 PM

Voynov + Teubert + King

Kurrilino 01-16-2011 06:10 PM

somehow this discussion leads to nothing.

Hemsky carrys a very high value for the Oilers
and the Kings don't want to get rid of their top prospects.

We should end this one here.

ScoreZeGoals 01-16-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 30253436)

Yeah, some great analysis here:

"First, let me start off by saying that I really don’t watch the Kings that much so I haven’t seen Jack Johnson play all that much. My comments here are based purely on a statistical analysis."

ItsTheBGB 01-16-2011 06:15 PM

Hemsky for Schenn + Teubert