HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newsday:Moulson wants to stay an isle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=865839)

CREW99AW 01-16-2011 10:19 PM

Newsday:Moulson wants to stay an isle

Thanks to Isleschick for the Newsday link below.

Espn reported that the Isles are trying to sign him to an extension.Hopefully,they get a deal done.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ders-1.2614875

Halfway into his second season with the Islanders, top-line winger Matt Moulson Sunday said he wants to be a part of the organization's future.

"I personally love it here. I love the guys, I like the way the organization treats us and I like the direction we're heading. We have a good group of guys, and that's the key. Everyone wants to win with each other, and I don't know if you find that...

BlairBettsBlocks 01-16-2011 10:28 PM

weird, you usually dont hear about players wanting to play on the islanders

neelynugs 01-16-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocks (Post 30260874)

no offense to the islanders, but hey, what other team would give him that kind of ice time/opportunity? good for them. if snow can get another 4-5 solid players next summer, they'd be playoff contenders.

Kevin27nyi 01-16-2011 10:43 PM

isles want him and he wants to stick with the isles. lets get a 3-4 year deal done.

CREW99AW 01-16-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocks (Post 30260874)

I expect that if the isles don't eventually start to turn things around,these youngsters will change their opinions and leave.But for right now,Wang treats them well and they believe they are gonna develop together and win together on LI.

KO made similar comments at the start of this yr's training camp.
http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...re-on-rjs-dad/
12:40 pm, Iceworks: Entering the third and final season of his Entry Level contract in 2010-11, Kyle Okposo hopes to stay an Islander a long, long time.

“I love it here, love the direction of the team,” Okposo said after today’s practice at Iceworks. “This is a great place to live. I think we’re building a strong team here, so I want to be a part of it.”

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/31/j...rs-agent-says/
"Nothing could be further from the truth," Brisson told FanHouse at Heinz Field on the eve of the NHL Winter Classic. "All of that discussion has no merit. John's focus is on staying an Islander for a long time and helping them win. John believes in what the Islanders are doing."

"John has no complaints at all," said the agent. "He knows that building teams takes time. The Islanders have also been badly affected by a lot of injuries this season. Garth spends a lot of time speaking with John. The Islanders have shown him a lot of respect. John understands that sometimes you have to be patient. He is very confident that everything will work out for him and the Islanders."

This summer, after Tavares completes the second season of his three-year Entry Level contract, the Islanders and Brisson can -- by rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement -- begin discussion about an extension. Said Brisson, "That's a dialogue we would be very open to having."

CREW99AW 01-16-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin27NYI (Post 30261091)
isles want him and he wants to stick with the isles. lets get a 3-4 year deal done.

Moulson's gonna score 25-30 this season,after scoring 30 last season.

He doesn't rack up many assists.

What do you offer him, to keep him from even testing the market?

UnderratedBrooks44 01-16-2011 10:51 PM

What a shock. You mean to tell me he didn't say "Nah this team sucks, I'd be crazy not to want to leave"?

DayNah 01-16-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 (Post 30261211)
What a shock. You mean to tell me he didn't say "Nah this team sucks, I'd be crazy not to want to leave"?

:laugh:

CREW99AW 01-16-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

oh you're such a wit.How long did it take to come up with those lines?:sarcasm:

BeastoftheEast85 01-16-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 30261156)

I see a 5 year 22.5 million dollar contract (that's 4.5 mill cap hit).

Raym11 01-16-2011 11:11 PM

3.5m a year

CREW99AW 01-16-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastoftheEast85 (Post 30261439)
I see a 5 year 22.5 million dollar contract (that's 4.5 mill cap hit).

Honestly,I think it's kinda steep,but I believe guys like Huselius and Lupul are making that type of money,while putting up similar pts.

I'd like to see maybe a 4yr deal instead of 5.

Kevin27nyi 01-16-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raym11 (Post 30261484)
3.5m a year

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 30261156)

That, above. 3.5 million per year for 4 years.

4Isles4* 01-16-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin27NYI (Post 30261091)

HELL YEAHHH

Seph 01-16-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

If he had zero interest in signing, he probably would just refuse to comment, or at least not talk at length about how much he wants to stay/likes being an Islander. No one thinks it means he's going to take a massive discount and that it of course still hinges on the Islanders floating an offer he finds acceptable.

DungeonK 01-16-2011 11:59 PM

Translation: I'm 27, have been living on AHL salaries my entire professional career and I want to get paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 30262074)
If he had zero interest in signing, he probably would just refuse to comment, or at least not talk at length about how much he wants to stay/likes being an Islander. No one thinks it means he's going to take a massive discount and that it of course still hinges on the Islanders floating an offer he finds acceptable.

Kind of like how Ilya Kovalchuk was talking about being a Thrasher his entire career and winning a cup in Atlanta less than two years ago. :laugh:

Pretty good chance Moulson re-signs though, Islanders would probably offer him the most money and he's comfortable there.

Kevin27nyi 01-17-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DungeonK (Post 30262102)
Translation: I'm 27, have been living on AHL salaries my entire professional career and I want to get paid.

Kind of like how Ilya Kovalchuk was talking about being a Thrasher his entire career and winning a cup in Atlanta less than two years ago. :laugh:

Pretty good chance Moulson re-signs though, Islanders would probably offer him the most money and he's comfortable there.

and the isles can deliver the pay day and job security.

yeah, it seems to fit. there are very few teams that will give him that contract plus first line duties.

IrMitchell* 01-17-2011 06:57 AM

Good, he should stay there.

I think the better question is do the Islanders want him to stay there after having done nothing for the past two years? In terms of winning that is.

Saving Greiss 01-17-2011 07:25 AM

Good news for the Islanders. The pressure is now on Snow to get the deal done.

CREW99AW 01-17-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrMitchell* (Post 30263946)
Good, he should stay there.

I think the better question is do the Islanders want him to stay there after having done nothing for the past two years? In terms of winning that is.

According to LeBrun from ESPN,the Isles are trying to get him signed.

wej20 01-17-2011 08:30 AM

3.5 for 3/4 years.

mohare 01-17-2011 08:32 AM

He'll stay because he has a man crush on Tavares. Also the Isles seem to be very cheap so I don't see him breaking the bank on a contract. I think fair value for him is in the 3-3.5 mil range.

Although he is a UFA at the end of the season so who knows what he might fetch on the open market.

Freudian 01-17-2011 08:35 AM

I know this goes against the HF mythos, but it is possible that players like it on Long Island and are optimistic about the future for the team.

A three year $10M contract seems to be about right for what he brings.

therealkoho 01-17-2011 09:06 AM

It's so refreshing to hear NHL players approaching UFA say the kind of things that will keep them out of the dog-house with their team-mates!

Money talks

CREW99AW 01-17-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealkoho (Post 30264649)
It's so refreshing to hear NHL players approaching UFA say the kind of things that will keep them out of the dog-house with their team-mates!

Money talks

Which poster suggested he would sign with the isles for several hundred thousand dollars,instead of several million dollars?No one is saying Moulson won't get a fat contract if he signs with the isles.

And I think young underestimate how players view hockey as a business.I doubt any isle player expects the newly married Moulson,who just made the nhl after yrs in the ahl,to sign for cheap.