HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jovocop @ the deadline? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=866130)

Puckgenius* 01-17-2011 07:39 PM

Jovocop @ the deadline?
 
He would be a solid addition to a contender looking to beef up their depth with Jovocop. Sure hes past his prime but he can still move the puck well and perhaps QB a contending teams 2nd PP unit.

TrollololBoyle 01-17-2011 07:43 PM

Jovocop??

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2009/07/r...x370-20760.jpg

Paul4587 01-17-2011 07:48 PM

Why would Phoenix trade him when they're currently in a playoff spot?

HemskyToHall* 01-17-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 30277795)
Why would Phoenix trade him when they're currently in a playoff spot?

I agree, but I'm thinking that the Roszival acquiring might make Jovo expandable for a top 6 forward.

Winroba 01-17-2011 08:10 PM

I know it's in the same division but maybe San Jose would be interested? They need help on D and can probably give a solid top 6 forward

Puckgenius* 01-17-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 30278342)
I know it's in the same division but maybe San Jose would be interested? They need help on D and can probably give a solid top 6 forward

Sharks is the first team that came to mind for me too. Jovo would fit in well, and take off some pressure off Boyle to carry the load offensively.

Winroba 01-17-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 30278419)
Sharks is the first team that came to mind for me too. Jovo would fit in well, and take off some pressure off Boyle to carry the load offensively.

If they don't trade for him, I'd be very surprised if they didn't at least make a play for Jovo in the offseason

Nedved1* 01-17-2011 08:35 PM

Yote shud trade him to Toronto for Kaberlae.

ProstheticConscience 01-17-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedved1 (Post 30278980)
Yote shud trade him to Toronto for Kaberlae.

Me am good hockey thinker person.

almostawake 01-17-2011 09:08 PM

Because of his cap hit the market for him would likely be pretty thin. I think it would be pretty dumb for a playoff team to trade him just to trade him.

BuddehJuS 01-17-2011 09:24 PM

Deadline? We're deep in the thick of a playoff race, and Jovo is one of our top 4 defenseman. I don't see him being moved unless we just flat out collapse which is unlikely.

TGOTC 01-17-2011 10:26 PM

He's already on a contender...

Falconator 01-17-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch (Post 30281928)
He's already on a contender...

Ummm.............no! You're a playoff team certainly, but not a contender!

Winroba 01-17-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch (Post 30281928)
He's already on a contender...

The Canucks, Penguins, Red Wings & Flyers say hi

Mark Stuart* 01-18-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 30283196)
The Canucks, Penguins, Red Wings & Flyers say hi

Well now that it's clear that only those 4 teams can win the cup, we might as well just end the season.

Pyke* 01-18-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyderFan1 (Post 30283546)
Well now that it's clear that only those 4 teams can win the cup, we might as well just end the season.

I'm confused, shouldn't we at least have the conference finals and SCF with those 4 first?

Winroba 01-18-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyderFan1 (Post 30283546)
Well now that it's clear that only those 4 teams can win the cup, we might as well just end the season.

He said that the Coyotes were a cup contender.... I told him what the real cup contenders look like. Are the Coyotes a playoff team? Sure. Will they get out of the first round? It's entirely possible. Are they cup contenders? Definitely not.

Mark Stuart* 01-18-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 30283681)
He said that the Coyotes were a cup contender.... I told him what the real cup contenders look like. Are the Coyotes a playoff team? Sure. Will they get out of the first round? It's entirely possible. Are they cup contenders? Definitely not.

If you're in the playoffs you're a cup contender.

There are not only 4 teams in contention for the Cup come playoff time.

Winroba 01-18-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyderFan1 (Post 30284006)
If you're in the playoffs you're a cup contender.

There are not only 4 teams in contention for the Cup come playoff time.

As much as people say "once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen" it's just not true. I'm not going to find you the numbers but in the last 20 years I think there were only 2 or 3 cup winners who were outside of the top 3 seeds while the lowest seed to ever win the cup was the 95 Devils who finished in 5th place.

danishh 01-18-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 30277685)

jovocop's been his nickname for over a decade, btw.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/322723/JovoCop.JPG

TGOTC 01-18-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 30284070)
As much as people say "once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen" it's just not true. I'm not going to find you the numbers but in the last 20 years I think there were only 2 or 3 cup winners who were outside of the top 3 seeds while the lowest seed to ever win the cup was the 95 Devils who finished in 5th place.

Well the Coyotes are 4th in the West and only a few points away from the division lead, I still say they have a chance at contending if Bryzgalov gets hot, but they need a consistent scorer on the top line in order to be real contenders.

Winroba 01-18-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch (Post 30284190)
Well the Coyotes are 4th in the West and only a few points away from the division lead, I still say they have a chance at contending if Bryzgalov gets hot, but they need a consistent scorer on the top line in order to be real contenders.

That's true but I think you can say that about most teams in the league.

______ would really be a contender if the goalie gets hot and they get a consistant top line forward who scores a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I consider the Coyotes to be a good team this year but I don't think they're a contender. Personally, I don't think you can say any team is a contender (with the exception of Pittsburgh & Philadelphia) if you can't say they're going to win the division at least.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.