HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=866565)

Leafssss 01-18-2011 08:52 PM

Toronto - Nashville
 
To Toronto:

Shea Weber
One of: Erat/Dumont/Legwand

To Nashville:
Dion Phaneuf
Nazem Kadri
2012 First
2012 Second
One of: D'amigo/Holzer/Mikus/Ross/Caputi/McKegg


Add?

Weber-Beauch
Kaberle - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Aulie


(get rid of Komisarek please)

Solid D.

Thoughts?

Cullksinikers 01-18-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan (Post 30302078)
To Toronto:

Shea Weber
One of: Erat/Dumont/Legwand

To Nashville:
Dion Phaneuf
Nazem Kadri
2011 First
2012 Second
One of: D'amigo/Holzer/Mikus/Ross/Caputi/McKegg


Add?

Weber-Beauch
Kaberle - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Aulie


(get rid of Komisarek please)

Solid D.

Thoughts?


Not bad.

Seguins Dragon* 01-18-2011 08:54 PM

TOR does not own their 2011 first...

SeenSchenn2 01-18-2011 08:54 PM

Well we don't have our 2011 first.

Wtf do we need more defense for?

Is your goal to make a proposal with the Leafs and every single team?

Brock Anton 01-18-2011 08:55 PM

Uh, Toronto doesn't have a 2011 1st, unless you mean 2012 1st.

Not a bad deal though.

SaintMorose 01-18-2011 08:55 PM

who's 2011 first?

Crisp Breakout 01-18-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan (Post 30302078)
To Toronto:

Shea Weber
One of: Erat/Dumont/Legwand

To Nashville:
Dion Phaneuf
Nazem Kadri
2011 First
2012 Second
One of: D'amigo/Holzer/Mikus/Ross/Caputi/McKegg


Add?

Weber-Beauch
Kaberle - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Aulie


(get rid of Komisarek please)

Solid D.

Thoughts?

I don't think Nashville would touch Dion with a 10 foot pole. Do you?

Top 6 Spaling 01-18-2011 08:56 PM

As above poster said, you don't have that pick to trade.

Other than that, I don't despise this deal. I don't think I pull the trigger simply because i think Phaneuf and Kadri are both over-rated, but its really not too bad.

Soundgarden 01-18-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 30302108)
Not bad.

Not bad, dreadful. Replace Phaneuf with Schenn and it's a little better. Putting in the 1st you guys currently don't have certainly helps though. I'd do it if you can fit Seguin in there as well.

Leafssss 01-18-2011 08:58 PM

Switched picks sorry lol

8BostonRocker24 01-18-2011 09:13 PM

Nashville, a budget team, does not want a #4 defenseman, on pace for 23 points in an 82 game season that is bad in his own end.


$6,500,000?... Why not just resign for Weber for $7? $7.5?

Leafssss 01-18-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 30303155)
Nashville, a budget team, does not want a #4 defenseman, on pace for 23 points in an 82 game season that is bad in his own end.


$6,500,000?... Why not just resign for Weber for $7? $7.5?

They loose salary in this trade, quite a lot of it if they keep Kadri down.

mcphllp 01-18-2011 09:27 PM

yeesh, i'd be pissed if burke did this...way too much to upgrade from dion to weber

leafsfan7 01-18-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan (Post 30303575)
They loose salary in this trade, quite a lot of it if they keep Kadri down.

Lose salary, yes, but at what expense?

They're a contending team, they're not about to ship off their best defenseman and one of their better forwards for a defenseman who at best is going to be a #2 on their team, and that's a stretch. Salary/money problems or not, unless a team is on the verge of bankruptcy they're not about to give up on contending.

Leafssss 01-18-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsfan7 (Post 30303966)
Lose salary, yes, but at what expense?

They're a contending team, they're not about to ship off their best defenseman and one of their better forwards for a defenseman who at best is going to be a #2 on their team, and that's a stretch. Salary/money problems or not, unless a team is on the verge of bankruptcy they're not about to give up on contending.

They're LOADED on defence, but have no Blue-chip forward prospects. With Ryan Suter i'm sure Phaneuf will return to somewhat of his old form. This actually makes Nashville a CUP contender in 2-3 years team in my opinion. Also notice: this pick is from Toronto, it most likely will be a high-mid pick. Kadri and a prospect can turn out to be great assets, and we take away one of your "better" forwards that many see as dumps in the process.

Joey Moss 01-18-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStu (Post 30302191)
I don't think Nashville would touch Dion with a 10 foot pole. Do you?

I hear he has the sloppy seconds, so no.

Tikhonov 01-18-2011 09:48 PM

uhh no from Leafs point of view..

oh, in before jfried!

93gilmour93 01-18-2011 09:53 PM

to much to give for weber as much as i would love him on the team

Cool Beans Man 01-18-2011 10:02 PM

This is Outrageous

broc 01-18-2011 10:10 PM

This is awful.

Unless your idea was to ruin Toronto future and push the franchise backwards by another 4 years or so (on top of their already early rebuild they're in now)...

I Will Son 01-18-2011 10:18 PM

Ummmmnooooo

MoreMogilny 01-18-2011 10:21 PM

Yeah, lets get rid of even more early picks, as well as our top prospect and an additional good prospect. What a grand idea.

:facepalm:

RogerRoeper* 01-18-2011 10:28 PM

Terrible trade for the Leafs.

Cullksinikers 01-18-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 30302276)
Not bad, dreadful. Replace Phaneuf with Schenn and it's a little better. Putting in the 1st you guys currently don't have certainly helps though. I'd do it if you can fit Seguin in there as well.

If Toronto gets Legwand and Weber for that, it sucks for them.

leafsfuture 01-18-2011 11:19 PM

Value isnt bad.

But this trade is pointless for the Leafs. The Leafs sacrifice their future to get older.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.