HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kipper (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=866606)

JorgeRocks! 01-18-2011 11:09 PM

Kipper

What would your team give for him?

FLAMES666 01-18-2011 11:11 PM

No one needs a goalie, therefore not much.

HemskyToHall* 01-18-2011 11:13 PM

7th round pick, too inconsistent, overpaid, old and a Nabby on the market who is arguably as good as of a goalie as Kipprusoff who will cost much less.

FightinSioux 01-18-2011 11:27 PM

Claude Giroux

alpine4life 01-18-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyToHall (Post 30305931)
7th round pick, too inconsistent, overpaid, old and a Nabby on the market who is arguably as good as of a goalie as Kipprusoff who will cost much less.

this :nod:

RogerRoeper* 01-18-2011 11:31 PM

His value is in the toilet. Look at his salary, age and play.

DropIt 01-18-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyToHall (Post 30305931)

Ahahhahahahahahah

Kipper is having an off..... Oh 10 games. Its unfortunate but his track record of being the winningest goalie for the past 4 years makes up for it.

Nabokov couldn't hold a lighter to Kipprusoff's anal hair. Kipper is still a top 5 keeper in hockey.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* 01-18-2011 11:55 PM

Goalie market is indeed weak right now, and his really poor numbers certainly dont help his value. I love the guy, but truth is his value has never been lower.

RogerRoeper* 01-19-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 30306630)
Ahahhahahahahahah

Kipper is having an off..... Oh 10 games. Its unfortunate but his track record of being the winningest goalie for the past 4 years makes up for it.

Nabokov couldn't hold a lighter to Kipprusoff's anal hair. Kipper is still a top 5 keeper in hockey.

Uh, no.

DropIt 01-19-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30307877)
Uh, no.

Uh. yeah

RogerRoeper* 01-19-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 30307992)
Uh. yeah

He was in 04-06'. Not anymore. His numbers have gotten worse each passing year.

BurnEmUp 01-19-2011 12:40 AM

I hate to admit it, but Kipper's play this year is one of the main reasons we're in the position we're in right now.

He was one of the top 5 goalies in the league last year, but this year he's been off his game.

DropIt 01-19-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30308252)
He was in 04-06'. Not anymore. His numbers have gotten worse each passing year.

Minus last year, when barring a playoff berth he could have very well been a Vezina trophy candidate again.

I know HF is full of 'what have you done this week' type of fans, which is ok I guess if you have the attention span of a child.

But given Kipprusoff's track record and the way he often carried Calgary to the playoffs on his 40+ win seasons in 70+ started games/year. He is in the 3-5 top goalies of the past decade

HooliganX2 01-19-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 30308375)
Minus last year, when barring a playoff berth he could have very well been a Vezina trophy candidate again.

I know HF is full of 'what have you done this week' type of fans, which is ok I guess if you have the attention span of a child.

But given Kipprusoff's track record and the way he often carried Calgary to the playoffs on his 40+ win seasons in 70+ started games/year. He is in the 3-5 top goalies of the past decade

It's Kipper's age contract and current performance that makes him less then desirable. He is going through a rough patch if he was an UFA or made under 4 million a team may give up something for his. He is 34 though not getting younger so maybe he is on the down turn of a career and close the 6 million over the next few seasons is a huge gamble better yet giving up any talent in return.

No one in the offseason offered Nabby a comparable deal with out risking giving up talent in return.

Lunatik* 01-19-2011 03:22 AM

Kipper is not a top 5 goaltender right now... but i do think he is a top 10 goaltender... i think there will be more of a market for him around the draft or July 1st when teams realize they can't sign certain UFAs or the guys they have faltered in the playoffs (or don't get them there)...

guys I'll be watching in the playoffs for this very reason are Philadelphia, Chicago, Washington, Tampa Bay and San Jose...

especially the Sharks... if they don't make the playoffs with Niitty & Niemi they could really look for a solid upgrade in net...

Injury Prone Stastny 01-19-2011 10:43 AM

Kipper is still a great goalie. Not top 5. Possibly top 10 - 15.

He is on the downward slope of his career. Unless he pulls a Thomas. His play is highlighted by the defensive unit in front of him. The Flames are terrible in their own end. Trust me I live in Cgy and it's not a pretty sight.

That being said, as an Avalanche fan I would do:

Budaj, 2nd Rounder - Kipper

I know it wouldn't be worth it for Calgary that's for sure, but I wouldn't give up anyone else for him.

I actually would probably give up more for 'The Calgary Tower' ..

MeestaDeteta 01-19-2011 10:45 AM

Kipper isn't playing like a top 5 goalie in the league, and even if he were, the market isn't great for goal tenders. Maybe a late 1st round pick and a mid-level prospect.

Tim Vezina Thomas 01-19-2011 10:52 AM

You know when someone brings something to a pawn shop and the owners don't even make an offer because it would be too insulting? This is the case right now.

Sure, hes still a legit #1, but hes worth way more to the Flames than what you could attain for him. For example, the Bruins wouldn't even take him for free.

madmike77 01-19-2011 11:08 AM

There are too many good goalies. They're just not worth a lot these days - especially when you come with the kind of contract he has.